Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 06:20 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,559,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
You don't ever call someone you used to date at work unsolicited after 30 years. You have no clue about their work situation. They might have had the riot act read to them that morning about personal calls. You could get them fired.
You know, a lot of you posters are just way too prim and proper. I love this guy's attitude and spirit! That's why we get old ... we are so afraid to take chances, be silly, do things on the spur of the moment...and I have heard so often that, at the end of our lives, we regret not what we did, but what we DID NOT do! I say to the OP: More power to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 07:10 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,618,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
You know, a lot of you posters are just way too prim and proper. I love this guy's attitude and spirit! That's why we get old ... we are so afraid to take chances, be silly, do things on the spur of the moment...and I have heard so often that, at the end of our lives, we regret not what we did, but what we DID NOT do! I say to the OP: More power to you!
TY

Ok, let's start w/ an apology. No need had I, to post this personal stuff re this call on here. Drinking & sounding nuts didn't act my age. Giddy, ha, more like pitiful & pathetic when I reread next day. Not to mention headaches, etc. I was semi-sober upon calling her, I think, but got wasted post-call due to not believing I even called. lol

Ok, embarrassing at it were, I at least thought it thru & her having a 28YE boy now is over my head. Who needs "instant family" or being a stepdad to a buddy of mine's former gym friend? But IF -- & a BIG "if" -- she ever does call (yes, I really had my phone stolen on Sunday but got one yest) then so be it & I'll deal w/ it sober -- not plastered w/ vino.

Sorry for all the bizarre behavior & hassle this thread caused, & I was going let it drop off but wanted to write the epilog to it, haha.

Thx all for understanding kindly, I hope.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:58 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,559,505 times
You are so sweet Movintime! No need to apologize -- I think some of the posters were just a bit worried about you maybe getting your hopes up and your heart broken...but I still enjoyed your optimism and, who knows? Maybe this will have a romantic wonderful ending (or beginning)...or maybe you just gave her a wonderful moment that could be nothing less than flattering to her!

Carry on, drink wisely, and keep up that wonderful positive attitude! Oh, and let us know if something comes from your call, okay?

Old 04-29-2017, 09:05 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
YOu're fine, hon.

We all have those moments. No worries at all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships