Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 04:25 PM

142 posts, read 97,375 times

Advertisements

So, my phone rang just now. My husband called me and asked me. How mad would you be if I go golfing on your birthday. In my mind, I was like, WTF my birthday is like 2 months away. So I was like, why? He said it's for work and I know they really do that thing annually. And so I said. Well I don't even know what day my birthday is. He said and I presume, Saturday.

I just said well, if it's for work it's fine. And he is the type that always makes up if he knows he mess up so he just said he will take me out next day in restaurant of my choice.

Ya, quick chat, no drama. Coz I am not a drama queen like that. Just sharing coz I have read lots of drama going on in some threads and they are not even married. LOL.

Question is. Will you guys react the same or make a big deal out of nothing? Just curious.

Props for my husband though for like letting me know months in advance LOL, WTF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 04:45 PM

1,261 posts, read 971,696 times

Old 04-26-2017, 04:47 PM

Someone is bitter?

Old 04-26-2017, 05:14 PM

1,261 posts, read 971,696 times

Old 04-26-2017, 05:17 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
The only day I require Mr. CSD is our Anniversary, birthday is not a big deal, no gifts for anything either.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:26 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I'm not big on holidays so if we do something another day I'm fine with it.

It's just another day, and my husband shows he loves and values me all the time so I'm good.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-26-2017, 06:32 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwisita View Post
So, my phone rang just now. My husband called me and asked me. How mad would you be if I go golfing on your birthday. In my mind, I was like, WTF my birthday is like 2 months away. So I was like, why? He said it's for work and I know they really do that thing annually. And so I said. Well I don't even know what day my birthday is. He said and I presume, Saturday.

I just said well, if it's for work it's fine. And he is the type that always makes up if he knows he mess up so he just said he will take me out next day in restaurant of my choice.

Ya, quick chat, no drama. Coz I am not a drama queen like that. Just sharing coz I have read lots of drama going on in some threads and they are not even married. LOL.

Question is. Will you guys react the same or make a big deal out of nothing? Just curious.

Props for my husband though for like letting me know months in advance LOL, WTF.
Personally I agree it's decent of him to let you know regardless of it being X amount of time away and yeah I wouldn't make a deal of it at all if honest I'd be happy that they told me plus I'd assume they would feel bad about the occasional falling on my birthday ( hence the call ) as it is so I'd make it easy for them and let them off the hook so to speak

No biggie

Old 04-26-2017, 06:47 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
We all have busy lives with work conflicts. A birthday doesn't need to be celebrated on "the day". If those kinds of events are symbolic to your partner, you find a day to celebrate the birthday and make sure you do a few gestures the day of the birthday. Card. Flowers.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:18 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
We all have busy lives with work conflicts. A birthday doesn't need to be celebrated on "the day". If those kinds of events are symbolic to your partner, you find a day to celebrate the birthday and make sure you do a few gestures the day of the birthday. Card. Flowers.
That's pretty much the way it works around here.

We call it "birthday week".

Old 04-26-2017, 08:24 PM

Pretty sure those who don't make drama about special occasion with their SO's are married. And mature enough to understand. It's not the be all and end all to celebrate on THE day.

Hopefully those single posters who make a big deal about it, learn from this to, ya know, have a longer relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships