Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2017, 02:31 PM

3 posts, read 1,514 times

Advertisements

I started teaching L Spanish some time ago (about five months). Since then we have become really good friends, we have gone out together, gone on road trips (our mutual friend was surprised he said yes to going because normally he doesn't), we actually spend a lot of time together talking, he likes to tease me, he's quite physical with me (in an appropriate and sweet way), he has taken me places, helped me carry stuff, told me super personal stuff about himself - all apart from one - his love life.

Our mutual friend has told me his friends teased him about not having a gf and he got really upset. He himself has told me on a few occasions how annoyed he gets at people expecting him to have someone, but then he also told me he's worried his life will end up being all about work and not about a relationship. So I asked him if he wanted a relationship, and he said no and then yes. He seemed like he was having a kind of an inner fight. He has on a few occasions mentioned how he would raise his kids (so I assume he is planning to have some), he is a really sweet person with a good job, he's close to his family and very generous and caring.

At first I saw him as a friend, but after spending so much time with him, I feel like I might like him and I am not sure that is a clever thing to do. I feel there are things about him he hasn't told me about and when I asked him about his love life, he told me he is a very complicated person. He will text me all the time, suggest stuff to do, spend an insane amount of time with me, I can tell how well we click together, I can only assume his friends and family are wondering why he is spending so much time with a random girl. Even our mutual friend is telling me we would make a great couple. I can see that, but the fact he is so mysterious about love, I am not sure whether I am stepping into something I am not ready for, if there is anything to step into that is. Thoughts?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 02:38 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,460,625 times
If you're unsure, you're unsure.

I'm not sure how that would or should translate in to making a defined choice to whether you like him "in that way" or not.

No need to force feelings

Old 05-05-2017, 02:43 PM

3 posts, read 1,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
If you're unsure, you're unsure.

I'm not sure how that would or should translate in to making a defined choice to whether you like him "in that way" or not.

No need to force feelings
I guess my question would be that based off of what I wrote here, there is any chance he might be able to reciprocate my feelings. Clearly I know you guys are not clairvoyant but... I am stopping myself from liking him too much since I don't know what to think. He is very reliable, sweet, funny - basically all I am looking for in a guy, and if I knew there was a chance for us - I wouldn't think twice. But I am a careful person and his enigmatic answers regarding his love life make me slightly weary. I also don't want to just tell him about how I might feel since he is a great person and a wonderful friend and I don't want to lose him.

Old 05-05-2017, 05:50 PM

11,398 posts, read 24,473,730 times
He might be gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships