Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 07:20 AM

21 posts, read 43,891 times

Advertisements

So my girlfriend sent me a picture of her laying on the beach in her bikini in a sexy pose from over spring break and she looks really good. She wanted to post it on Instagram because she said she'd get so many likes if she did. Now, I didn't tell her not to post it because I'm not a controlling boyfriend, but she just decided not to post it anyway. I'm honestly glad she didn't because in all honesty yeah it would have made me jealous, shoot me. Like I don't care about her wearing a bikini in front of guys because that's kinda psycho and I don't have that much jealousy issues haha. But her posting something on social media of her in a bikini is a bit different to me bc she's really just posting it for attention and likes. She's basically posting it to show off her half-naked body for everyone to see. She's a very pretty girl but it's like she tries to impress other guys for self-esteem boost and my compliments aren't good enough. The fact that she told me "I'd get so many likes" kinda bothers me too. I feel social media has messed with women's heads these days bc they think they need to look a certain way and post revealing pictures of themselves to make them feel better. It'll just bother me because I know she'll get a lot of guys commenting on it and I feel like that's what she secretly wants. Idk.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:24 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,201 times
She'll be the only girl you meet to use social media to advance her self-esteem.

#sarcasm #getoverit

Old 05-17-2017, 07:37 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
You may not be insecure but if she just wants to post it for attention, it sounds like she is.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:39 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtDan95 View Post
So my girlfriend sent me a picture of her laying on the beach in her bikini in a sexy pose from over spring break and she looks really good. She wanted to post it on Instagram because she said she'd get so many likes if she did. Now, I didn't tell her not to post it because I'm not a controlling boyfriend, but she just decided not to post it anyway. I'm honestly glad she didn't because in all honesty yeah it would have made me jealous, shoot me. Like I don't care about her wearing a bikini in front of guys because that's kinda psycho and I don't have that much jealousy issues haha. But her posting something on social media of her in a bikini is a bit different to me bc she's really just posting it for attention and likes. She's basically posting it to show off her half-naked body for everyone to see. She's a very pretty girl but it's like she tries to impress other guys for self-esteem boost and my compliments aren't good enough. The fact that she told me "I'd get so many likes" kinda bothers me too. I feel social media has messed with women's heads these days bc they think they need to look a certain way and post revealing pictures of themselves to make them feel better. It'll just bother me because I know she'll get a lot of guys commenting on it and I feel like that's what she secretly wants. Idk.
I feel that social media has messed with people's heads (not just women). Heck, social media has messed with my head.

I think at this point it is natural for people to have insecurities and experience some form of jealousy. It is just how we handle it that makes the difference.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I feel that social media has messed with people's heads (not just women). Heck, social media has messed with my head.

I think at this point it is natural for people to have insecurities and experience some form of jealousy. It is just how we handle it that makes the difference.
So how should I go about handling it? I just didn't say anything when she said she was going to post it because I didn't want to be controlling. But I didn't tell her how I feel about it so there's still a chance she might post it later or do something like that again. Is it okay for a girl to do this if she's in a relationship and should I not be concerned? I know a lot of girls do stuff like that but I feel it's generally something single girls do.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:53 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,674 times
OP...you covered it all. That is how it is with kids.

Gotta let he do her thing unless she likes to be controlled.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You may not be insecure but if she just wants to post it for attention, it sounds like she is.
She didn't really say she wants to post it for attention, just that she'd get a lot of likes. But really why else would she post a bikini picture alone of her posing if it wasn't for attention? She's obviously showing off her body, right?

Old 05-17-2017, 07:55 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,201 times
Is there a difference in posting for attention and posting for "likes"?

Old 05-17-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
OP...you covered it all. That is how it is with kids.

Gotta let he do her thing unless she likes to be controlled.
So if I let her do her thing then I guess another question would be is do you think it's okay for a girl in a relationship to post something like that?

Old 05-17-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
Is there a difference in posting for attention and posting for "likes"?
I mean getting likes on social media is getting attention
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.