Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 02:52 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times

Advertisements

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

OP, you wanting to put a leash on a 17-18 yo woman isn't a good idea. Let her do her thing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-24-2017 at 09:03 PM..

Old 05-24-2017, 02:53 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Try to imagine if your girl came on her to discuss a problem she's having with her boyfriend...

"Hi, I'm an 18 yr. old girl in love with an 18 yr. old guy. I love him to death. We've only been dating 2 months, but we do everything together, and we're so on point in everything, but this ONE particular thing...

I'm going on Schoolies soon, and I've been looking forward to it for a year. My boyfriend says he loves me, but doesn't trust me to not get ****faced, and thinks I'll **** around on him. I love him. I don't want to hurt him, and he SAYS he loves me, but apparently thinks I'm a ****.

What should I do?"

You know what most of us would tell her? "Go do your thing, and have fun. If he doesn't trust you, it's his problem."

Or at any rate, that's what I would tell her.
Point taken, but when she admits that she is actively planning to get plastered, knowing what it does to her inhibitions and states that she plans to party all night, it damages the amount of trust she should be afforded in that instance.

OP, you'd just have to consider the idea that, for the week she is there, she is not your girlfriend. It's not indicative of future behavior (remember, she planned this before the two of you became an item), but you have to decide if you can see your way beyond her behavior for this one week.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:58 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Eh, give her a one-week pass - "ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies".

You've been in a "relationship" for 8 weeks which is barely the blink of an eye. Are you actually exclusive -meaning have you discussed it or are you assuming? Big difference....

Old 05-24-2017, 03:14 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
Point taken, but when she admits that she is actively planning to get plastered, knowing what it does to her inhibitions and states that she plans to party all night, it damages the amount of trust she should be afforded in that instance.

OP, you'd just have to consider the idea that, for the week she is there, she is not your girlfriend. It's not indicative of future behavior (remember, she planned this before the two of you became an item), but you have to decide if you can see your way beyond her behavior for this one week.

Yeah. She's 18. A lot of 18 yr. olds do that. HERE in the US, it's more like 21, but it's a rite of passage.

At any rate...the OP and the girlfriend are NOT on the same page here. Honestly, the 2 of them should probably save themselves a lot of aggravation and move on.

OP is convinced the girl is going to **** around.

Old 05-24-2017, 03:15 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
This is a classic case of **** shaming.

Old 05-24-2017, 03:25 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
I disagree.

Old 05-24-2017, 03:36 PM

46 posts, read 41,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Eh, give her a one-week pass - "ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies".

You've been in a "relationship" for 8 weeks which is barely the blink of an eye. Are you actually exclusive -meaning have you discussed it or are you assuming? Big difference....
I said multiple times before, yes we discussed it and idk about that idea

Old 05-24-2017, 03:37 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
I think it would be classic **** shaming if he went to schoolies and met this young woman a few months later and had a problem with her having gone. I think he can be forgiven for being uncomfortable with the prospect of her going to what sounds like a week long orgy.

I also think she can be forgiven for wanting to so this fun right of passage thing that many of her friends are going to and that she's been looking forward to.

So I've solved nothing with my comment

Old 05-24-2017, 03:38 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reus1213 View Post
I said multiple times before, yes we discussed it and idk about that idea
So what do you want to happen? In an ideal world for you, what would happen?

Old 05-24-2017, 03:38 PM

46 posts, read 41,527 times
Quote:
Yeah. She's 18. A lot of 18 yr. olds do that. HERE in the US, it's more like 21, but it's a rite of passage.

At any rate...the OP and the girlfriend are NOT on the same page here. Honestly, the 2 of them should probably save themselves a lot of aggravation and move on.

OP is convinced the girl is going to **** around.

I don't think that just because so many do it makes it right but to each their own, and I'm honestly trying my best not to be convinced about that, but just when everything adds up, the environment, her behaviour when she's usually drunk, the people there and the fact she won't even know what she's doing and the amount of times people have cheated even the most innocent girls, can't help but think it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships