Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 05:09 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,407,530 times

Advertisements

When I came home from work, my bf had my favorite coffee cup waiting for me under the coffee maker with a spoon rested on top, because he knew I was probably going to want some when I got home. I thought it was sweet and thoughtful. What are some of the things your SO does or has done for you that maybe other people will find insignificant, but that you found kind and touching?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 05:38 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,811,290 times
When I went to visit my last SO for the first time, he had bought a chilled bottle of my favorite wine. The wine glasses were very nice. I realized they were new after noticing that the tag was partially removed from the bottom of the glass.

Old 10-01-2017, 05:56 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
When I leave or come home she greets me at the door.

Last edited by Chowhound; 10-01-2017 at 06:49 PM..

Old 10-01-2017, 06:00 PM

639 posts, read 376,762 times
It's how relationships should be. Wanted to do nice things for the other.

How many are like that though?

Old 10-01-2017, 08:52 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,811,290 times
There are many people who have good relationships. We speak louder about the bad ones.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:11 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,346,235 times
When I was married - actually, the first couple of years of our relationship, and for a time after we were married - I'd come home from work and my gf (later fiancee, then wife) would have fresh towels and a change of clothes ready for when I got out of the shower. Soon after, dinner was ready.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:53 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,551,576 times
If I have to go to work in the mornings, I let her sleep. But I'll go ahead and cook breakfast for both of us. Our breakfast is the same every morning. I use frozen biscuits and sausage patties them put an egg on it. If she's sleeping in, I don't fix and egg for hers, just the sausage and biscuit and leave it in the microwave. Plus I have the coffee grounds in the Keuring pod, creamer and Splenda in her cup and ready to turn on.
She's had back problems for several years can't stand up for very long at one time. I bought her a shower chair to use and I'll get in with her and scrub her back for her. I've been cooking just about all our meals since her back problems. I'm doing all the housework, laundry and anything else needed. I'll do it all as long as I live if I have to.

My parents were married for 66 years. When my dad worked day shift on his job, he would have to leave for work around 6 AM. Their usual breakfast during the week would be to split a grapefruit and Daddy had his coffee and Mama had her hot tea. When he ate his half of the grapefruit he had the plastic lid off a coffee can he would put over her half and put it in the refrigerator. He would also put her teapot on the stove, with the teabags in it and put it on medium low heat so the tea would be ready when she got up. My mother liked STRONG tea. lol Her birthday was December 27. Since Christmas made it hard to celebrate a birthday, just about every year they were married, he gave her a "half birthday" party on June 27. He do things like send her a "half" dozen roses, have a half birthday party and invite 6 people. One year he ordered a cake and asked the baker to cut the outside off one side of the cake and write (with the icing) "HAP" on one line, and BIRT on the next. That was her half birthday cake.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:59 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Mr. CSD continues to come home, nothing more required.

Old 10-01-2017, 11:45 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,443,939 times
Many, many years ago I read a poem entitled "Little Things". It struck such a chord that I remember it to this day. I hope no one minds if I post it here, as ti seems appropriate for this thread:

It's just the little simple things,
The friendly, unobtrusive things,
The "wont you let me help you" things
That make our pathway light.

And it's just the jolly, joking things,
The "never mind the trouble" things,
The "laugh with me, it's funny" things
That make the world seem bright.

For all the countless famous things,
The wondrous, record-breaking things,
Those "never can be equaled" things
That all the papers cite
Arent like the little simple things,
The everyday-encountered things,
Those "just because I like you" things
That make us happy quite.

So here's to all the little things,
The "I'm right here beside you" things
The "smile and face your troubles" things,
That make everything all right.

Those "done and then forgotten" things,
The "oh it's really nothing" things
The "can't you see I love you" things,
That make life worth the fight.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:07 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,133 times
Kind of a little thing, but kind of a big thing.

I lost over 100 pounds back in 2009-2010, which I've managed to keep off and maintain to this day. That was 4-5 years before we were together. So when she moved in and started cooking for me (which is a big thing in itself, since I'm worthless at cooking!), she would go out of her way to measure things and research things to find out calories. Counting calories is how I have maintained the weight. Eventually, she bought a scale to measure ounces and portion sizes. One of those electronic ones. Since she knows it means a lot to me to maintain my weight, it really means a lot that she goes out of her way to do that. Early on, she was saying ''Why do you care? You can afford to gain some weight!'', but I got so into this, that I'm really passionate about keeping track.

She doesn't really count calories for herself, as her metabolism isn't as pathetic as mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships