Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 09:37 AM

11 posts, read 7,800 times

Advertisements

A woman I was excited about meeting from OLD cancelled our date. This was after a lot of talking and exchanging numbers followed by making plans to meet up, which for me meant reorganizing my schedule and a lot of mental preparation and excitement. The day before, I texted her to say that it was supposed to be a nice day tomorrow and maybe we should find a restaurant with outdoor seating. That's when she sent the text that said she likes talking with me but doesn't think our personalities would connect romantically. Strange.

Possible explanations:

(1) She truly did mull over the conversations in the time between when we lasted talked and when I texted to confirm our meetup, and she and came to the conclusion that our personalities wouldn't connect romantically
(2) She never actually thought there was any chance of being romantically interested in me (most likely based off of physical appearance, age, personality, etc.) and was only talking to me, and pretending like she would meet up, for entertainment
(3) She chickened out
(4) She did some "extracurricular research" over the past few days and changed her opinion of me. Maybe looked at my public profiles on LinkedIn and Facebook and there was something she didn't like.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 09:41 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
It could be anything but asking us wont get you any closer to an answer. Only she knows why.

This is one of those situations that sucks but you just need to move forward and make connections with others. Agonizing over it won't change anything at all.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:46 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
It could be anything but asking us wont get you any closer to an answer. Only she knows why.

This is one of those situations that sucks but you just need to move forward and make connections with others. Agonizing over it won't change anything at all.
Absolutely.

Consider it a gift and move on.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:47 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
What do I think?

I agree with Liberty. Only she knows why she feels the way she feels.

You're probably just feeling bad about the situation and feel like getting "answers" will help you find closure; when you really just need to let it go and move on.

Last edited by Auraliea; 06-24-2017 at 10:26 AM..

Old 06-24-2017, 10:06 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,043,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheWorld View Post
A woman I was excited about meeting from OLD cancelled our date. This was after a lot of talking and exchanging numbers followed by making plans to meet up, which for me meant reorganizing my schedule and a lot of mental preparation and excitement. The day before, I texted her to say that it was supposed to be a nice day tomorrow and maybe we should find a restaurant with outdoor seating. That's when she sent the text that said she likes talking with me but doesn't think our personalities would connect romantically. Strange.

Possible explanations:

(1) She truly did mull over the conversations in the time between when we lasted talked and when I texted to confirm our meetup, and she and came to the conclusion that our personalities wouldn't connect romantically
(2) She never actually thought there was any chance of being romantically interested in me (most likely based off of physical appearance, age, personality, etc.) and was only talking to me, and pretending like she would meet up, for entertainment
(3) She chickened out
(4) She did some "extracurricular research" over the past few days and changed her opinion of me. Maybe looked at my public profiles on LinkedIn and Facebook and there was something she didn't like.

What do you think?
Here's the tell. "A lot of mental preparation and excitement"?

I get it, but this wasn't the Big Game or a presentation to the board of directors complete with PowerPoint slides. It would have been you sitting across the table from a woman with whom you kind of connected with online. The only preparation required is being well-groomed and arriving at your rendezvous open to an enjoyable couple of hours.

So, reading between the lines, I'm guessing that perhaps you were a bit intense, vesting way too much in a first date for her comfort.

Old 06-24-2017, 10:15 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post

Yep. A stranger didn't want to have dinner with you. It's a bummer, but you have nothing invested in this relationship. Onward and upward.

Old 06-24-2017, 10:24 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,473,679 times
You're both on OLD. So it's likely she met someone in the meantime and things have heated up there.
With all the bitching around here about guys spending money to take out a woman only to get blown off, I'd figure you'd be happy that this has been pre-empted.

Old 06-24-2017, 10:29 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
I think you need to move forward without any more time and energy put toward attempting to form an ill informed
assumption as to the reason why this woman cancelled the date.
In the big photograph of life a stranger cancelling a date is one pixel of it really is not worth the spent time and energy.

Old 06-24-2017, 10:48 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
There is no telling, but sorry, that must be very frustrating and disappointing.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-24-2017, 10:52 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Here's the tell. "A lot of mental preparation and excitement"?

I get it, but this wasn't the Big Game or a presentation to the board of directors complete with PowerPoint slides. It would have been you sitting across the table from a woman with whom you kind of connected with online. The only preparation required is being well-groomed and arriving at your rendezvous open to an enjoyable couple of hours.

So, reading between the lines, I'm guessing that perhaps you were a bit intense, vesting way too much in a first date for her comfort.
That jumped out at me, too. OP, if you stress out over "a lot of mental preparation" for a first date from OLD, maybe you're not ready to be dating yet...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships