Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 01:48 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times

Advertisements

What are "women-only" behaviors? Like, gentle caressing, being docile and meek?

Old 07-18-2017, 01:53 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
When in a romantic relationship with a man.. what do you believe your ROLE in that relationship is?

I ask this because we are living in a strange time where people are kind of wishy-washy about gender roles and most people seem to only support them when its convenient for them.

Please nothing vague like "to be his partner" or "to offer companionship". I'm looking more for day-to-day proactive behaviors that offer value to his life only a woman can provide. Sex and kids are obvious so no need to mention those. What else is part of your ROLE as his girlfriend or wife?
We don't really have specific "roles". Just a pile of responsibilities and tasks that get done by whomever is available and able.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:53 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Gender roles have been evolving and morphing probably about as long as man and woman have been coupling up. Not sure what the OP is driving at here. I suppose in current times a persons role could be at home taking care of the cave or they could be the corner office CEO types.

I think that the lines are blurry and tasks have to get done, however that manifests is between each couple. I don't think that there's as much of a hard line as it was in the past.

Old 07-18-2017, 02:03 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Hm. I decided to take it as more of an individualized question. As in how I as a woman poster define my role and what I provide to my man. Not as in, "name one thing he can only get from a woman that he couldn't just get someplace else."

Maybe worth asking for clarification from the OP: Were you asking one of these questions more than the other?
Its more about about your individual opinion of your role. And every PERSON does have unique value they can provide that others can't in my opinion.

When I say that "only a woman can provide" what I really mean is what only a romantic partner can provide. It would be the same question if I was talking about gay people.

Old 07-18-2017, 02:22 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
m looking more for day-to-day proactive behaviors that offer value to his life...
Just being my awesome self. If we're not talking about duties and responsibilities that are not specific to any one role. Yes, I contribute to the relationship dynamic and shape what it is and how it functions. These contributions add value to his life.

Old 07-18-2017, 02:24 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
The answer is uncomfortable on both ends when asked.

It takes away personal justifications and beliefs and leaves motivations and intentions bare and bare bones.

Our primary goal (as human beings) in involving others is to receive what we cannot accomplish by self alone.

Our primary goals are always self motivated, it's our secondary (and onward) that will take others or other circumstances in to account.

Old 07-18-2017, 02:33 PM

358 posts, read 208,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

Really?

So what is your response to this VERY specific statement:
I don't know, I'm not a woman. But it shouldn't be that difficult to tell, how a person benefits their partner. It should be fairly easy.

Old 07-18-2017, 02:35 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
When in a romantic relationship with a man.. what do you believe your ROLE in that relationship is?

I ask this because we are living in a strange time where people are kind of wishy-washy about gender roles and most people seem to only support them when its convenient for them.

Please nothing vague like "to be his partner" or "to offer companionship". I'm looking more for day-to-day proactive behaviors that offer value to his life only a woman can provide. Sex and kids are obvious so no need to mention those. What else is part of your ROLE as his girlfriend or wife?
None. I do nothing in my "role" that he can't do himself, or a man couldn't do.

Old 07-18-2017, 02:39 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
The answer is uncomfortable on both ends when asked.

It takes away personal justifications and beliefs and leaves motivations and intentions bare and bare bones.

Our primary goal (as human beings) in involving others is to receive what we cannot accomplish by self alone.

Our primary goals are always self motivated, it's our secondary (and onward) that will take others or other circumstances in to account.
Indeed.

I'm comfortable admitting self interest plays a part in all my actions and all the relationships I engage in. A lot of people are not for some reason.

Old 07-18-2017, 02:41 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:

I think this is far more individual than gender. Different couples are going to negotiate differently.

What matters is what you and your partner have agreed your respective roles will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships