Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 04:01 AM

22 posts, read 11,211 times

Advertisements

Okay, so i have been dating with this girl for around 9 months now and even though we had ups and downs we still managed to love each other so much and get along so well. I accept it that i am the root of all the problems in this relationship, sometimes i would say to her that i have to go out with friends instead of her or sometimes i made mistakes like saying i didnt like her birthday gift for me. But everytime this things happened and believe me it happened a lot she forgive me because she loved me so much and i loved her so much. I tried to improve myself for her and i did. The big problem started when she had to go to usa this summer for a work&travel program. A day before her flight she was feeling so sad leaving me and not being with me here during summer, and told me how much she loved me and how much she enjoys that her first relationship with her ex failed because she now has me. She went into usa, we talked really good for like a month or so, but then i made a big mistake. She has always wanted for both our families to know about our relationship but i just wasnt ready. And when i failed an exam, i told her that if things dont go as planned with my university i will not be ready to tell my family about you for another year. She went mad and sad and everything. Then her birthday came, i tried to wake up early to congratulate her but this whole 6 hour difference in time made it qorse and she complained about not congratulating her early. Then all the things went downhill and she started saying i need a 2 month break then after i come back home we will go out and discuss. I tried to say to her that this is not a good idea, but she wouldnt listen. She broke up with me, saying :you never gave me the attention i needed, i know you love me a lot, but you are not showing it and i just cant take it. She was also sick for a few days where she had a surgery and i talked her but now she is not even replying. She is just ignoring me, and i really cant take it. I have said sorry so many times i just want another chance because i am physiclaly and emotionally destroyed. I cant eat, i only vomit, i cant learn. I am done with all the good things in this life. Please guys, do you have any advice on how to get her back? Thank you so much for your time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2017, 04:59 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,299 times
You are being taught a lesson. The best thing you can do is wait till she gets back like she said.

Nothing else will work at the moment. You will only make things worse by calling her.

Now you know the power a woman can have over you when you dont appreciate, disrespect and cross the line. Remember she has your heart next time and she can crush it.

Consider yourself lucky to learn now before having a family and home taken the same way.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:15 AM

Yeah, she told that when she comes back she will say this things one more time. She unfriended me, unfollowed me and all that stuff. My regret grows every day and i just cant bare with it. Hopefully, she will come back otherwise i may go insane.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:21 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Get over yourself. You've been a terrible boyfriend. Leave her alone.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:25 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Hopefully, not being able to understand your attitude is a result of a cultural difference but no way would I put up with having to be kept a secret for any reason, much less the one you used about school.
Even worse to say you aren't ready. Doesn't make it sound like you're very invested in her.
Maybe coming to the states and meeting people here has made her realize that she shouldn't put up with it either.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:27 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,299 times
Remember it is difficult for her too so you are not the only one suffering. This is being purposely done to show you she means it so just wait it out. Don't lose her respect by trying to win her back. You're lucky she said it's just a break for now and not forever.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:05 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Get over yourself. You've been a terrible boyfriend. Leave her alone.
I couldn't rep you again, but this is it in a nutshell.

The OP needs to focus on why he made such poor choices and not repeat them in the future, rather than focusing on trying to win back someone he treated badly who has moved on.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:42 AM

Actually, i know i have been a terrible and not a supportive boyfriend but i just think i need one last chance to prove myself worthy. I mean she really really loved me, kept saying i cant imagine my lufe without you and these words were 4-5 days before she told me about the break. Her friends may have influenced her cos i know a friend of her who was always against this relationship and now they have been living together for like 3 months. I know what i am capable of offering to her, if i know i cant make her happy i will walk away but my mistakes are something that fan be forgiven and can be changed. I was always loyal, never ever have i lied to her, never been jelaous or things like that, never agressive, always loved her more and more everyday. I believe that we were meant for each other, its just sometimes things like this have to happen to realize how good i was with her and howhopeless i am without her. Hopefully, its not that late.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:04 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,042 times
OP:

Give her the space she wants and needs.

Please respect her wishes.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:07 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goals2017 View Post
Actually, i know i have been a terrible and not a supportive boyfriend but i just think i need one last chance to prove myself worthy. I mean she really really loved me, kept saying i cant imagine my lufe without you and these words were 4-5 days before she told me about the break. Her friends may have influenced her cos i know a friend of her who was always against this relationship and now they have been living together for like 3 months. I know what i am capable of offering to her, if i know i cant make her happy i will walk away but my mistakes are something that fan be forgiven and can be changed. I was always loyal, never ever have i lied to her, never been jelaous or things like that, never agressive, always loved her more and more everyday. I believe that we were meant for each other, its just sometimes things like this have to happen to realize how good i was with her and howhopeless i am without her. Hopefully, its not that late.
You have spent nine months proving you are not worthy of further chances. The distance likely gave her that clarity. You might think the way you've been can be forgiven and changed but she doesn't have to. In future, conduct yourself in a way that doesn't need to be forgiven or changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships