Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 10:01 AM

12 posts, read 5,319 times

Advertisements

I am 20 years old and my boyfriend are 21 year, we love eachother but lately my past has been “catching up to me”. Before I met my current boyfriend, there was other mans in my life. This “time before him” plays on his mind a lot and he’s having a difficult time letting it go. I had 3 boyfriends before him. I had first boyfriend when I was 15 year old. My current boyfriend says that it was to early and that is not ok beacuse I was little girl (child) when I was 15 year old.

I, on the other hand, feel that it’s in the past and not something that should be brought into our future. We totally disagree about it!

My previous ‘sexual partners" is a topic that is always brought up whenever we are arguing or are having a deep conversation.

He’s always said “There are choices and then there are consequences of these choices.” I just don’t think it’s fair that I should lose him because of my past and because he’s jealous. He believes that it’s compromising his values that we stay together because of “how I was before him”.

He turns on me like that whenever he has any “bad” thoughts about me. It’s frustrating and the fact that he’s so stuck in the past is ruining our relationship.

I’ve never given him a reason not to trust me in our relationship and the distrust he has towards me is completely unnecessary and all in his mind.

There are so many things in our*arguments/deep talks*I want to say and share my point of view of but it’s as if my head just freezes, when I finally have the opportunity to speak.

My boyfriend is a man who’s very good with words (more than the usual guy) and he’s pretty much the one running the show in all of our talks.

I guess I let him because I feel like it’s my fault and I’m the reason he has these “bad” thoughts about me. He loves me but sometimes – and too often – these “bad” thoughts come between us.

Old 08-20-2017, 11:38 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
He's insecure, and he's trying to make it YOUR problem.

He's not the guy for you. In fact, until he gets over this issue, he's not the guy for anyone.

You need to break up with him.

Old 08-20-2017, 12:32 PM

12 posts, read 5,319 times
Most of his complaints is about me start daiting boys when I was 15 year old. He says that I was child and little girl and it is not appropriate. He also says that girls how started that early in most cases become whores and change lot of partners. I love him and I dont want to lose him. I feel guilty...Should I ask him for forgiveness?

Old 08-20-2017, 12:54 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,233,524 times
No. Tell him your past is your past, and theres nothing you can do to change it. Either he accepts it or he doesnt.

Old 08-20-2017, 12:57 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelde1000 View Post
Most of his complaints is about me start daiting boys when I was 15 year old. He says that I was child and little girl and it is not appropriate. He also says that girls how started that early in most cases become whores and change lot of partners. I love him and I dont want to lose him. I feel guilty...Should I ask him for forgiveness?
Why do you feel guilty?

You can't change what you did, but you can decide how you act going forward. Why should you need to ask anyone for forgiveness????

He is not your father or your holy savior. He is also a boy who feels nervous that he may not be able to compare favorably to the boys you have been with. His ego says, "Did she choose me, really? Or did she settle for me? Does she wish the other guy was still around?" etc.

He's taking that insecurity and turning it on you, making YOU feel bad so he doesn't have to.

Break up with him. It sounds like both of you have some growing up to do.

Old 08-20-2017, 01:33 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
That's bad news, OP! Red flag. I agree, insecurity drives this.

My ex used to do this when he got upset with me. So I had a lot more "dating experience" than him, and it drove him nuts. Yep, it did not end well.

I had my first date at 15. So what. I know it's hard, but this situation will not improve. Move on, before it gets worse!

Old 08-20-2017, 01:36 PM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
I agree with all the previous responses, his insecurity is destroying your relationship, either he gets over your past, or he will be in the past, soon, too.

Old 08-20-2017, 01:52 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
First, it's not your fault that he has "bad" thoughts about you. It's on him.

Beyond that blame game he plays, it really stood out that he is "running the show" in conversations and talks. He's controlling and manipulative. He's already shown you he is incapable of forgetting your past and forgiving. Not that you need forgiveness for having a previous boyfriend or three.

It's time for you to run the show and dump his pompous self.

Old 08-20-2017, 01:55 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,029 times
He's insecured.

My spouse and I have talked about every partner he and I ever had. He even went to visit his ex in a federal prison. I encouraged him to go.

If you are secured in your relationship, it shouldn't matter.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:47 PM

1,265 posts, read 970,683 times
Youre probably his first. You're 20, what is he expecting, a virgin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships