Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 02:30 PM

2 posts, read 8,169 times

Advertisements

last year, I was cheated on by my husband and it was such a surprise. My husband and the other girl even ran away at that time for 2 nights and 3 days. I never really thought he could do such thing to me. He was a good husband before it happened. He told me that it wasn't really my fault, he just was too weak. After that, he went back home and asked for another chance. The other girl never really stopped then and he even filed a case against my husband. (she is a minor only 17). but my in-laws settled it ( I guess they payed her money.)

It was such an embarrasment... and to think we just got married on that same year when it happened. I was even pregnant when that happened. After forgiving him, he did it again. The second time he did it, I planned to move out. Our relationship has been on rocks since and now, he reassures me every now and then that he will never do it again.

We're still together but I admit, I never see him as I used to see him. I totally adore my husband and I loved him true, but I really wanted to have someone who not only loves me but also respects me as well.

Will I have to give it a try again and just cross my fingers that he will never cheat on me? I am still afraid of trusting him... I don't know what I could do if he hurt me again for the third time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 02:36 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,863,171 times
If he did it twice....wow. I would never put up with that. Life is too short.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:55 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,802,120 times
Default Sorry 2 hear!

Sorry to hear about your heartache. My xhusband did the same. He had an affair. Once I found out...stopped it. Waited for several months...started again. I found out...stopped it. But, then started phone calls and emailing. We divorced. The best thing for ME! You can't continue to yo-yo with your heart. It's true what they say, forgive, but you won't forget. I was the same never saw it coming. But, I was a little different. And, I've posted this before I kicked some a$$. And, proud of...both a$$es. Some men know, you will take them back. Saying, what will she do. Yell and cry, but I'm back at home.

Know one can speak for your heart. Only you will know when you are sick of the situation.

Alicia Keys has a song "Lessons Learned". "You give him one more chance. Just like the time before. But, he already knows, you'll give a hundred more.

GOOD LUCK & GOD BLESS!!!

Old 03-16-2008, 03:58 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,689,730 times
I`m sorry....
I always liked this saying....Scew me once, shame on you.....screw me twice, shame on ME.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:07 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,462,152 times
YOu can't honestly believe he isn't going to cheat again.

I can tell you, he is going to do just that. If you know about 2 others he has been with, there are probably MORE.

AND on top of that he is the kind of scum that likes them young? NICE.
Thats not someone I would want around my child.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:08 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,559,322 times
HE WILL CHEAT ON YOU AGAIN.

Leave now...why put yourself through it again and again...You deserve better.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:04 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,410,271 times
Unfortunately, you are going to have to make a tough decision. Either you accept him back with the full knowledge that he WILL sleep with other women as the opportunity presents itself or you cut him completely loose and get on with finding someone more worthy of you and your child.

This man cheated on his newlywed, pregnant wife...with a MINOR nonetheless. That is incredible. HE obviously doesn't respect you as a person or a woman and feels no lobligation to take the high moral ground even as a father. He also doesn't appear to care about breaking the law either. Sounds like a very self-absorbed, immature person. You made the wrong choice in being with this man, misjudged him completely. He's adorable yes, but he sounds like a monster. Make the right decision and dump him.

There are better choices, more suitable mates out there for you and better role models for your child. Be brave.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:31 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,373,206 times
If he ran away for 2 nights with the one girl, then had another affair he is going to do it again. I understand you love him. does he really love you? If he did he wouldn't do these things to you.

YOU DESERVE BETTER

Old 03-16-2008, 08:33 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,559,059 times
I agree. Men & women find it hard to cheat the first time and easier the second.

My first wife ran off with a wealthy contractor. Didn't last very long. She came back and wanted to salvage the marriage. Before long she had another lover.

I think for the most part people are either faithful or their not. If yours ain't, then they hit the road.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:13 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,335,061 times
yep, they either have respect or not.. there's no in between when it comes to those things. He's immature and selfish and playing with jailbait and you deserve better. Once you get out on your own and things settle down, you'll be glad you gave yourself respect, he can't do it, then you have to. Do it for your child if you can't do it for you.
He'll keep doing his running around. How many years do you want to waste on him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships