Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 02:27 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
But am I really getting an extra value? any profit or perceived profit was actually spent on increase property taxes over the years. factor in adjustment for inflation it would still not be an increase that was worth paying more in taxes because some newer homes got built a block away, and the local highschool got an aviation program 2 years ago(those were the biggest increases in my taxes).
Ft. Worth ISD Opens Airplane Hangar at Dunbar HS | News Talk WBAP-AM

This school is 2 streets from my house. and I don't even have school aged kids anymore.

Yes there are, I was able to do this as well when I was younger, even when I met someone in a social situation as soon as one female in the crowd showed interest we would break off from the main crowd and get to know each other un-interrupted(not always sex either) most of the time just talking outside the club/party etc etc or we would leave all together and let the others socialize.
These days this does not play out anything like that, in those functions women don't want to break away from the crowd or they don't give the cues for those interrupting us to leave.
And as I have said before sadly most of the people I know who have the type of relationship I am seeking got together in their teens(those are usually the people I hang with when I am part of a couple) and 20's very few met at middle age.

If this is true then your soon to be ex is a moron who has no idea what he has(if the sex was only with him that is).

And actually I'm an introvert with the personality of an extrovert, I do best one on one but I'm not a grump(when in relationship), and I do like doing things(when I am with a woman I care about), I just don't like my time with her being interrupted by other people. and even though I don't mind going out every once in awhile I don't prefer it because:
Having a few drinks together at home is preferable to at a bar because:,
1. no loud drunks around us.
2. no other people trying to flirt with one of us.
3. bars mark up the cost of drinks.
4. too noisy to communicate with each other.
5. no DUI's because we are already home.

Watching a movie together at home is better than at the theaters because:
1. We can snuggle up on the couch while watching.
2. I have kodi so movies are free.
3. no people getting up in front of us in the middle of the movie.
4. we can reenact the love scenes while fresh in our memory.

Eating in is better than eating out because:
1. I'm a damn good cook.
2. I know how to make healthy and tasty food.
3. It's much cheaper.
I feel sorry for homebodies. There's a lot of enjoyment to be had outside the home. I like nights in just as much as anyone, but not exclusively.

Also "not having my time with her interrupted by other people" just sounds controlling and weird. One thing about being a couple is being good in social settings together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2017, 06:25 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
I feel sorry for homebodies. There's a lot of enjoyment to be had outside the home. I like nights in just as much as anyone, but not exclusively.

Also "not having my time with her interrupted by other people" just sounds controlling and weird. One thing about being a couple is being good in social settings together.
Not controlling at all, I learned a long time ago you can't force someone to love you, yes I get depressed about it, sad lonely and even suicidal a few times in the past(well quite often actually, loss of hope is a hard thing), But I don't want someone staying with me out of fear, I'd rather put a gun to my own head than have someone I love be miserable to be with me. and I have tried all that "out of the home" enjoyment, And for a brief time at different points of my life I was social, but I learned the hard way that the drama that can come from it does not make up for the small benefits of it while when romantic relationships I have been in did make all the previous heartbreaks seem worth it(at least until the honeymoon phase ended on her part). and I never said I don't enjoy time away from home, hell I go either jogging or cycling every other night as I mentioned here before. I just have no use for other people in large numbers.

My ideal life would be an SO and one main other couple we hang with from time to time, and maybe a backup couple once in a blue moon.

Apparently I'm good at this aspect because as soon as I change my facebook relationship status I start getting invited to stuff(a few of my friends think the same way I do on that issue so I rarely hang out with them when they are hooked up and i'm not or vica versa).

Is it any wonder when single I bring my daydreams to life with creating images, and videos.
I can create much better worlds than why actually exist, or more honest reflections of the real world depending on my mood for me it's just about visualizing hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh9n0P70Pcg

Old 10-22-2017, 08:53 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Is it any wonder when single I bring my daydreams to life with creating images, and videos.
I can create much better worlds than why actually exist, or more honest reflections of the real world depending on my mood for me it's just about visualizing hope.

LOL, this is great!

Old 10-22-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
LOL, this is great!
Thank you kindly, I appreciate it.

Old 10-22-2017, 12:34 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times
Quote:
I ask this because I have been looking at poll's on various subjects plus a few I have posted on my own.
one being would a woman prefer a guy who hates his job but makes good money or a guy who loved his job but did not earn much, surprisingly most women answered the guy who liked his job but did not earn much, but sadly in real life such women seem hard to find.

if I am to believe the responses to many of the threads I've started most women would be happy with an average joe who was almost homeless but had a heart of gold.

But we all know the lot in life those guys receive, women on these forums say money does not matter to them, but in the real world we all see the guy with outward signs of wealth with the hottest girl in the club(no matter what he looks like).

women on these and other forums complain about guys who take them for granted, but in real life the guys that put them first get written off as needy or clingy.

Women say they value faithfulness but we see in real life they seem attracted to the guys least likely to be faithful (those super charming, flirty, charismatic guys who ooze confidence, players can't be players if they have nobody to play with) .

I am so confused.
I want a man who is willing to do his share. I am not willing to work 60 hours a week so he can sit at home playing video games. If he wants things like kids, he has to step up and make money. I am not willing to do all the work at home either. If we both work full time, I expect to share the chores at home. I would be open to a house husband type thing if he truly left me with little to do other than go to work. I am willing to be the main breadwinner and I am willing to do more than half of everything that needs to be done. But I am not willing to do it alone.

Now I am older and kids are no longer an issue. So now I say he has to be self supporting. I am still willing to do more than my share. But I still won't do it all. And I don't think that's unreasonable.

And I do value faithfulness. Cheat and you are gone. I'm fair, I told you before we ever had a serious relationship that cheating was a dealbreaker. Go be a player on your own time and pay your own way! You don't have to be rich or handsome. You just need to be a kind person who is willing to do their share.

Old 10-22-2017, 01:05 PM

926 posts, read 673,709 times
Quote:
Not controlling at all, I learned a long time ago you can't force someone to love you, yes I get depressed about it, sad lonely and even suicidal a few times in the past(well quite often actually, loss of hope is a hard thing), But I don't want someone staying with me out of fear, I'd rather put a gun to my own head than have someone I love be miserable to be with me. and I have tried all that "out of the home" enjoyment, And for a brief time at different points of my life I was social, but I learned the hard way that the drama that can come from it does not make up for the small benefits of it while when romantic relationships I have been in did make all the previous heartbreaks seem worth it(at least until the honeymoon phase ended on her part). and I never said I don't enjoy time away from home, hell I go either jogging or cycling every other night as I mentioned here before. I just have no use for other people in large numbers.
What do you mean by 'the drama' that can come from being social?

Drama can come into your life whether you're in a social setting or whether you're sitting at home with your SO. In fact, SOs can sometimes cause more drama for you than anything you can come across being sociable with other people.

Quote:

Yeah, but your daydreams with the 'better worlds' you create with your software is just that - a daydream - it's NOT reality. Some people would much rather challenge themselves to go a little outside of their comfort zone (if they're introverts) to reach out to other people by socializing with them than to take the time to sit at their computer to create a virtual world that they can't ever be a part of.

Btw, cool vid (but the song you picked for it was lame lol) you should put Bodak Yellow as the background beat then it would be straight.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I want a man who is willing to do his share. I am not willing to work 60 hours a week so he can sit at home playing video games.
If that's all he did I would agree, Though 60 hours a week is a job and a half, I did that while I was raising a family, but no more, if someone was to move in she would not HAVE to pay bills as I was doing that before she got here so her not paying bills would not effect me in the least. I know from experience that my bills don't go up much with one person, though if I lost my mind and took in another woman with kids(I did that once) I might expect her to because with children in the picture bills go up dramatically.

Quote:
If he wants things like kids, he has to step up and make money. I am not willing to do all the work at home either. If we both work full time, I expect to share the chores at home. I would be open to a house husband type thing if he truly left me with little to do other than go to work. I am willing to be the main breadwinner and I am willing to do more than half of everything that needs to be done. But I am not willing to do it alone.
Well I am self sufficient though I find many here have a different definition of what that means, seems many can't tell the difference between necessity and luxury.

Quote:
Now I am older and kids are no longer an issue. So now I say he has to be self supporting. I am still willing to do more than my share. But I still won't do it all. And I don't think that's unreasonable.

And I do value faithfulness. Cheat and you are gone. I'm fair, I told you before we ever had a serious relationship that cheating was a dealbreaker. Go be a player on your own time and pay your own way! You don't have to be rich or handsome. You just need to be a kind person who is willing to do their share.
For faithfulness, mental stimulation and attraction I will overlook a lot of other stuff.
I had an ex who I was not initially attracted to, but the way she treated me and her intellect made me change my mind(if life had treated her different, meaning druggy parents and growing up in a house with wheels, she would most likely be a scientist or professor), she was what many would call a butter face girl(everything looked good but-her face, but the hours a day at the gym more than made up for it visually), then she also had the thickest southern drawl I ever heard on a woman and a voice that was low and gravelly, I can honestly say it did not take me long to fall for her(would still be with her if her ex husband had not gotten clean and entered the picture).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
What do you mean by 'the drama' that can come from being social?

Drama can come into your life whether you're in a social setting or whether you're sitting at home with your SO. In fact, SOs can sometimes cause more drama for you than anything you can come across being sociable with other people.
True but the feeling I get when a relationship is going well makes the failed attempts seem worth it.
if only I can get a lifetime of that.....

The reward of having friends does not ad up to the trouble of keeping them. it's a matter of effort vs reward. for me it has to be equal or I just end up stressed.

Quote:
Yeah, but your daydreams with the 'better worlds' you create with your software is just that - a daydream - it's NOT reality. Some people would much rather challenge themselves to go a little outside of their comfort zone (if they're introverts) to reach out to other people by socializing with them than to take the time to sit at their computer to create a virtual world that they can't ever be a part of.

Btw, cool vid (but the song you picked for it was lame lol) you should put Bodak Yellow as the background beat then it would be straight.
That would be way more than a little out of my comfort zone, as in out of comfort zone into torture zone.
And I used that song because I was watching "my name is earl" and I remembered the crab man of that show used to do officeMax commercials before he got that part. and I fell down the rabbit hole again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlelJxqU1j0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships