Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 03:23 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJaction View Post
And along with those cheekbones comes the crowes feet, teeth way too big, and a gaunt appearance.
Hey, she asked for it.
The smile looks forced.

The four kids are probably empty-headed brats like her.

She would do in a pinch but I surely wouldn't open a vein for her.
I actually don't agree with any of this.

She barely has any Crow's feet. If anything, I see a little under eye baggage, which is common sometimes even on younger people, and sometimes it's exacerbated when running on inadequate sleep.

And I'm not sure what your definition of gaunt is, but she doesn't look gaunt in the least. Honestly, the fact that she has a bit of a fuller face/weight on her face, probably keeps her skin more resilient. A lot of people with a little bit of weight on their face and puffier cheeks, sometimes tend to age a bit better. That's an advantage to having a bit of weight on your face. Gaunt means a face that's too thin, to the point that it's drawn and unhealthy, and you can see the cheeks coming through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 06:15 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Ok, I read it, and threw up in my mouth a little bit....

She appeared on TV? Well, she doesn't have brains to go with that super sized (and erroneous) ego. NO guy is going to date her now. How embarrassing for herself, her children, friends and co-workers.

Plus, I know women her age who are loads prettier, make good money, and are nice humble people.
She did it for the money.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:40 PM

272 posts, read 185,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I actually don't agree with any of this.

She barely has any Crow's feet. If anything, I see a little under eye baggage, which is common sometimes even on younger people, and sometimes it's exacerbated when running on inadequate sleep.

And I'm not sure what your definition of gaunt is, but she doesn't look gaunt in the least. Honestly, the fact that she has a bit of a fuller face/weight on her face, probably keeps her skin more resilient. A lot of people with a little bit of weight on their face and puffier cheeks, sometimes tend to age a bit better. That's an advantage to having a bit of weight on your face. Gaunt means a face that's too thin, to the point that it's drawn and unhealthy, and you can see the cheeks coming through.

You're absolutely right. I missed those bags under her eyes.

Old 10-14-2017, 02:32 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
The woman in the pic is not "beautiful" in the least. She is not even particularly attractive.

But having said that, no one is "too beautiful" or "too ugly" for love. There is someone out there for everyone.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:40 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
For me the bigger point of this thread is how people carry themselves. Judging on the posts in here it's pretty universal that most people here find this woman to be offensive and for a lot people they really didn't find the woman in the story all that "hot" as she later says about herself in the vid clip.

One time I met this guy. He was tall, good looking, great communicator, seemed like he was a smart guy as well. The thing I remember most about him was that he had a real down to earth and very humble way about him. It was something that I've remembered about this guy many many years later. He was married and by all accounts a salt of the earth all around good guy. I'm not saying that married makes any real difference but he could have been a Romeo type if he wanted to be.

Heck, I had a man crush on the guy and I'm sure he had NO problem in the ladies department.

I think people should aim for this instead of getting on a national talk show talking about how hot they are. I mean jeez already. LOL.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:01 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
My mom is 10 times prettier (looks like an older Spanish model), and she's in her 60's and very humble about her appearance.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:05 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
She does have a point. When men want to have a fling, they want they pursue the hottest women. When it's time to settle down, they settle down with average to unattractive women. I see it happening all the time. It's as if pretty women aren't good enough to marry. LOL
LOL...All men want are flings with me...and yes, they typically will marry the one after me...thanks for that compliment

Old 10-14-2017, 09:20 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,001,526 times
Ms. Cousins is definitely not "too beautiful." She's 'average' enough that no guy is going to be intimidated by simply talking to her.

Now for the so-called beautiful women.....there's truth in this. Most men will assume that the extremely attractive woman is already taken, so there's no point in trying to ask her out. The intimidation factor is there, but guys will also feel that she may be too high maintenance and not worth the effort. The perfect 10 will only be approached by pick-up artists and extremely confident (overconfident?) men. Attractive men that might actually be a good match for her won't necessarily desire our Perfect 10. If I'm a guy with great looks, education, income/wealth etc., and desire to play the field a bit, I can obtain easy sex and fun from a slew of 5's, 6's, 7's and 8's with little effort and no pressure to commit. The 10 for Mr. Perfect is the equivalent of the 6 for Mr. Average (he'd actually have to put in some effort relatively speaking).

Old 10-14-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Of course. Which is why I don't see what the issue is. Even middle-aged celebrities fill out in between projects. There's obviously variations in region, culture and demographics, but many mature singles aren't going to look like svelte or super fit 20-somethings. I see this when dropping off my middle schooler.

I think one of her issues is that a lot of early/mid-40s men are coming out of LTR or marriages and have school-aged kids. They have a different lifestyle than what she has. Her kids are older. She's not in that caretaker role. She's trying to reclaim her life and have fun. She may be in a slightly different life stage compared to her male peers.
She's cute.....but I wouldn't put her in the "too attractive" category solely on her looks. "Too attractive" in her case means that she's probably better looking than the men that typically show interest in her. That's a lot different than being so fine that no man will come correct.

She's in a proverbial No Man's Land. Basically she needs to either stay single, pick from the available suitors or make herself more attractive to the men she thinks she deserves. My guess is that the men she THINKS are on her level, are able to attract younger and/or better looking women than her. Cousins probably needs a younger (30's-ish age wise) mature man.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
She does have a point. When men want to have a fling, they want they pursue the hottest women. When it's time to settle down, they settle down with average to unattractive women. I see it happening all the time. It's as if pretty women aren't good enough to marry. LOL
Disagree with that premise.

Men might WANT to have a fling with the hottest woman, but what usually happens is that the wife is cute/reasonably attractive while the fling is "meh." Most men aren't going to pull a better looking woman than their wife for casual sex. If a man's wife is a 6 but his side-piece is an 8, that means he probably could have pulled the 8 from the start...which is exactly what he would have done. The fling is attractive because she's different and seems more sexually available than his wife, at least in his eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships