Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 10:18 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Chandler is synonymous for being a meth town, also Mesa. Maybe, that's why that town has "eager" people, Lol jk.

My sister used to be an ER nurse (now Nurse Practitioner) at the Banner in Chandler. She tells me the wildest ER stories with people on meth and heroin.

Then there's Tempe with people on bath salts jumping off bridges into Tempe town lake, Lol.
"Lol jk."

But you're on to something. All the times I was being chased down was by people (mostly guys) and they each had that same look on their faces and that same type of energy. It seems to have gotten considerably worse in the past year.

But it is somewhere in the downtown area of Chandler. But once you get past the overpass bridge where Sam's Club is, the whole environment changes. It's like there is a border where they can't get past. The people past that place (at Tumbleweed park) are more normal. They are still friendly, but they are not grabby grabby out to get you and swallow you up types. They respect that you are your own person and allow you to have your life.

I've talked with some other people about this and a lot of them had said that it is the meth. It causes certain...ahem... "changes" in guys.

Now I need to figure out what is in the air that is making dudes twice my size want my blood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 11:21 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
"Lol jk."

But you're on to something. All the times I was being chased down was by people (mostly guys) and they each had that same look on their faces and that same type of energy. It seems to have gotten considerably worse in the past year.

But it is somewhere in the downtown area of Chandler. But once you get past the overpass bridge where Sam's Club is, the whole environment changes. It's like there is a border where they can't get past. The people past that place (at Tumbleweed park) are more normal. They are still friendly, but they are not grabby grabby out to get you and swallow you up types. They respect that you are your own person and allow you to have your life.

I've talked with some other people about this and a lot of them had said that it is the meth. It causes certain...ahem... "changes" in guys.

Now I need to figure out what is in the air that is making dudes twice my size want my blood.
My Chandler friends never mention any of these meth vampires out in public before, Lol. I only hear these crazy meth ER stories from my sister. I rarely go into Chandler to do anything, so I dont know much of the town. I only go there to visit my sister or pick up my nieces for the weekend. I have a home up here in Scottsdale where its nice and quiet. Ill be going back to Hawaii after the Arizona Ironman event in November, and be back here in the valley next year after the holidays.

Im going to invite you and mir over the next time I throw a party

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Wow interesting! I'd love to read it when you're done!

LOL wtf??? I've never heard of any of this! People still do bath salts???
I run the Tempe area early in the morning 3 days a week, and the things I see and experience...LOl. I typically run the greenbelt here where I live, but its too quiet and not much going on. When I run, I like to see, smell and experience things

Old 10-14-2017, 05:46 AM

1,178 posts, read 685,373 times
Quote:
I wouldn't know where to find stats. I jsut know many people who really struggle with it, myself included. I'm one of those that likes to take it offline right away, since I want to see how we connect. I've had many dates and a couple of relationships from it, but they were both pretty awful. I guess that's success to a lot of people, but failed relationships, to me, are just lessons. Success, to me, is getting married. Not sure I fall into any of your categories.

You're right. its a valuable tool. Thing is, just cause someone is on a dating site, does not mean they are actually interested in dating. I think many of us have run into that issue. But of course that can happen anywhere.
Marriages fail at least 50 percent of the time.

I have met better matches for myself online than IRL. I have dated both. I use a paid site that matches initially on personality characteristics though. It is true therr are a lot of duds. Brush them off and move on.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:58 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,320 times
OKC - nice profiles with active users but no one would ever respond

Tinder - probably works for above average white guys or super attractive men of color, but that's about it. Women get way more mileage out of a site that focuses heavily on looks.

POF - most don't like it, but it's the only site where people would actually want to talk and go out on dates. Plenty of dates where I knew it wasn't going to work out after a few minutes but that's better than just sitting at home.

The only common trend that stuck out during my single days was geography. Women in the 'burbs or small towns were much more eager to go out and meet people. The city daters seemed hesitant and unwilling to take a chance. Sometimes you can have too many options.

Old 10-14-2017, 10:48 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inacitysomewhere View Post
Marriages fail at least 50 percent of the time.

I have met better matches for myself online than IRL. I have dated both. I use a paid site that matches initially on personality characteristics though. It is true therr are a lot of duds. Brush them off and move on.
Didn't know there were any pay sites left besides Match. Is that what you're using?

Old 10-14-2017, 11:36 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
In my opinion, a woman that struggles dating online is quite picky. Just say'n Mir86, Lol.

Old 10-15-2017, 12:04 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,649,470 times
The truth, does online dating work: sure, it gives you a higher percentage of meeting a person you might be "compatible" with. It is all about odds, so you have a chance, and that is all. Do their methods about meeting you up finding the "perfect mate" work, then realistically no. Throw enough people in front of you or just make two people think they "meet" the right people then they can believe anything, but it doesn't mean anything. The more people you meet the better the chance, and online give you that chance, that is all.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:37 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
You make a lot of very good points. Ever since moving out of my hometown 4 years ago, I haven't met any of my dates offline (have been using it on and off). There have been a small handful of men I met offline who asked me out but they were not even close to what I want. So I'm guessing my dating profile must have attracted the worst kind of men lol. I guess when I'm ready to date again, I'll have to have someone review my profile and pictures. I've had friends check out my pictures in the past though and they all said they were great.
If a woman takes her pics down and makes sure she puts a lot of effort into the substance of her profile, she sometimes gets a totally different experience. Try it and see. Back in the day sometimes a woman wouldn't even share a pic of herself until she had been talking to a guy for a couple of weeks online as a pen pal.

So what happened was she avoided the hookup culture knuckle draggers because then they just moved on to the profiles with the pics of a blonde bimbo with her fake boobs hanging out.

Quote:
In my opinion, a woman that struggles dating online is quite picky. Just say'n Mir86, Lol.
ha very true quite often.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 10-15-2017 at 08:10 AM..

Old 10-15-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Stop it! Wanting to be treated with respect and being able to trust someone who I have a romantic connection with is NOT picky. I haven't found that in the last few years. If I was really that picky, I'd have never been on a date, and multiple dates with a good amount of them too. so no, not "too picky". So trust me, I'm giving any possibility of a connection every fair chance I can give

Old 10-15-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
If a woman takes her pics down and makes sure she puts a lot of effort into the substance of her profile, she sometimes gets a totally different experience. Try it and see. Back in the day sometimes a woman wouldn't even share a pic of herself until she had been talking to a guy for a couple of weeks online as a pen pal.

So what happened was she avoided the hookup culture knuckle draggers because then they just moved on to the profiles with the pics of a blonde bimbo with her fake boobs hanging out.

ha very true quite often.
I put a lot of effort into the bio of my profile (I'm not online right now though). I could test out your theory. But bottom line, attraction matters. though I can tell you, the men who've treated me the worst, were the least attractive men I dated...I know...shocker. But you know what they did have going? they made me laugh, a lot. I joke with any guy I meet that laughter is the way to my heart. Its true though. Anyways, you make a good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships