Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 02:53 PM

23 posts, read 14,650 times

Advertisements

A little backstory; We're both in our late 20s now. We were in a relationship several years ago, in our early 20s. She had a child who was an infant when we met. She broke up with the child's father shortly after the child was born. Which was when we met and started dating. I loved her very much (at the time) and I raised her kid from when she was an infant until she was about 3 years old, when we broke up. I proposed to her, but she ran from me when I proposed. She ended the relationship. It turns out-- she was in her "early 20s" stage and wanted to sleep around. So she broke up with me when I proposed, and did just that. Slept around. About a year or two later, she came crawling back to me (now wanting "stability".) But I had moved on and had a new girlfriend. This was about 4 or 5 years ago. Since then, she's subtly tried to pop back up into my life, here and there. Not too much, but she has subtly tried to in the past.

Fastfoward to now. She's in a relationship with a guy whom she's pregnant with his child and has moved in with him. This will be her 2nd child (from a 2nd father.) You would think there's no way she would be trying to get my attention now, right? Wrong. Months ago, she followed me on Instagram. I never bothered following her back. Sporadically, she will Like some of my pictures. Well, this past week, she's Liked about every picture I've uploaded. And they're all pictures of just me. She's clearly trying to grab my attention for one reason or another. I'm assuming she misses me and may be reminiscing on the old times...BUT SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND WHOM SHE GOT PREGNANT BY AND SHE'S MOVED INTO HIS HOME. I don't understand. If I was her boyfriend, I would be PISSED.

Does anybody with any female-knowledge understand the reasoning for this? Why do this if she's seemingly in a happy relationship?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 03:14 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyFromAZ View Post
A little backstory; We're both in our late 20s now. We were in a relationship several years ago, in our early 20s. She had a child who was an infant when we met. She broke up with the child's father shortly after the child was born. Which was when we met and started dating. I loved her very much (at the time) and I raised her kid from when she was an infant until she was about 3 years old, when we broke up. I proposed to her, but she ran from me when I proposed. She ended the relationship. It turns out-- she was in her "early 20s" stage and wanted to sleep around. So she broke up with me when I proposed, and did just that. Slept around. About a year or two later, she came crawling back to me (now wanting "stability".) But I had moved on and had a new girlfriend. This was about 4 or 5 years ago. Since then, she's subtly tried to pop back up into my life, here and there. Not too much, but she has subtly tried to in the past.

Fastfoward to now. She's in a relationship with a guy whom she's pregnant with his child and has moved in with him. This will be her 2nd child (from a 2nd father.) You would think there's no way she would be trying to get my attention now, right? Wrong. Months ago, she followed me on Instagram. I never bothered following her back. Sporadically, she will Like some of my pictures. Well, this past week, she's Liked about every picture I've uploaded. And they're all pictures of just me. She's clearly trying to grab my attention for one reason or another. I'm assuming she misses me and may be reminiscing on the old times...BUT SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND WHOM SHE GOT PREGNANT BY AND SHE'S MOVED INTO HIS HOME. I don't understand. If I was her boyfriend, I would be PISSED.

Does anybody with any female-knowledge understand the reasoning for this? Why do this if she's seemingly in a happy relationship?
She's a trainwreck. Mid 20s and already two kids with two guys? STAY AWAY from her. Be glad you didnt get her preggo back then.

BLOCK her.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:15 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
BTW, I have tons of guys liking my pics. And half of them are married. I wouldn't like it as a wife, but apparently in this superficial world we now live in it means nothing.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:15 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Stay far far far away. Block her or go private if needed.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:24 PM

691 posts, read 420,135 times
sounds a little familiar to me--

experience says shes not in a happy relationship and that very well isn't any guys' fault. she might just be checking in to see if you are still in a relationship with someone else, waiting to get her foot in the door of your life again. Do not be flattered- be weary. theres a minimum of a 50% chance that she has not changed or matured.

and to top it all off consider the present- if you are with another lady ( even still the lady that came directly after your ex) and you are happy with them, committed and she loves you THAT is priority (over even the RARE best case scenario- an ex that regrets a past decision)

Old 10-20-2017, 06:01 PM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Why I get a feeling that you want her back? It seems not to bother you that she has 2 kids with two different guys, that she ended relationship with you because she wanted to sleep around, but you are flattered by her saying that she likes your picture!
You are curious why she is trying to get your attention while living with a guy with whom she will have a child?
Don't be! She would do the same while living with you.
She just wants to sleep around. She does not care about the consequences (2 kids, 2 fathers, no stability. Is she STD free?). You are just another guy. Perhaps a guy with more money to care for her and her two kids...And she knows how easy is to get your attention...
Now, why are you entertaining your thoughts about her?

Old 10-20-2017, 08:45 PM

728 posts, read 472,303 times
I can relate to this. This woman kept liking posts after we had a falling out. She started seeing her old flame, it ended quickly, then the likes started. I kept on ignoring her. Now they follow each other on Instagram again lol.

Old 10-21-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
She's a trainwreck. Mid 20s and already two kids with two guys? STAY AWAY from her. Be glad you didnt get her preggo back then.

BLOCK her.

Well late 20s, but I get your point

Old 10-21-2017, 11:33 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Wow, you dodged a bullet there. If you persist on public media, you have no way of keeping others from viewing it. How about you get off Facebook?

Old 10-21-2017, 11:58 AM

If some of you say shes trying to put her foot in the door and get me back to take care of her and her kids, why would she be with this other guy? And no, I'm not trying to get her back. My question was why is she doing this?

Last edited by RodneyFromAZ; 10-21-2017 at 12:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships