Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 07:01 PM

1,257 posts, read 889,174 times

Advertisements

I want to know what happens ... the suspense is killing me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 08:24 PM

11,023 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernProper View Post
I want to know what happens ... the suspense is killing me!
Me too!

Old 11-28-2017, 02:39 AM

25 posts, read 18,538 times
Well, it turns out he's not interested. It's a shame but happens to a lot of people. My dad and I must have misread 'the signs' ��

Old 11-28-2017, 05:24 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
How do you know? What happened?

Old 11-28-2017, 05:33 AM

290 posts, read 214,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WomanInTheMirror View Post
Well, it turns out he's not interested. It's a shame but happens to a lot of people. My dad and I must have misread 'the signs' ��
not surprising.

a lot of times...we tend to think we see signs that arent really there. more often than not , if the other person is like that...then it means they arent interested in most cases.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:08 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
When I was going to school I worked as a cashier at a liquor store in the evenings. There was one customer, a "really hot chick" who was always very nice and chatty with me. I mentioned it to someone and he said "oh her she's just like that with everyone" so after that I didn't think anything of it. Eventually I end up dating one of her good friends so I end up meeting her in social situations. She was still always very chatty with me and seemed to always fit herself into any conversation I'm in. I'm dating her friend though so I still think she's just being friendly.

After her friend and I break up she becomes even more aggressively friendly with me. Due to past experience and blinders I seemed to be wearing I still didn't see it as interest in me specifically until finally her friend informs me that she won't stop asking about me but she's too shy to ask me out directly. After that I didn't ask her out right away but next time I saw her at a party when she got all aggressively friendly with me I finally saw it for what it was and made my move, and now we are married with children. lol

Man I was blind as a bat the whole time. I had to be hit over the head with it before I could see it. The fact that she was frequently going to a liquor store to buy granola bars and bottled water should have been my first clue.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:31 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Doesn't sound like shy. Sounds like not interested and being polite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Again, this person does not sound shy.

Ask him out, see what happens but don't be surprised if he rejects your offer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WomanInTheMirror View Post
Sorry OP but I knew it from how you described his personality.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:17 PM

11,023 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Sorry to hear that.
The important thing though is that you did what you needed to do and found out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships