Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 08:28 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,085,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Stick around here long enough and a crystal ball isnt necessary. Enough with the LOL and LOL and LMAO already, usually when somebody is disagreeing and attempting to be insulting, they throw in the LOL to act as if they don't care, it's really disconnected.
Well, you may be trying to be insulting, but again, haven't met with success. It is what it is, but you are quite entertaining nonetheless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 08:29 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Most states allow for sex after marriage. Some people turn 18 while still in high school depending on when they were born.

I agree they are harder to find, lol. Does that make it bad or wrong to want to wait for one, like many seem to want to suggest?

Am I bad or wrong to wait until I have the money to buy a bottle of Cristal before I drink champagne, or should I accept any glass placed before me?

Sure, I will enjoy getting drunk much faster if I just am open to whatever I find before me, but then, the experience will be mundane, and possibly even taste bad, in my honest opinion.

Heck, after several glasses, I might not even recognize that I have come upon a glass of Cristal in the line up.
Yes but what happens when you wait until you can afford a bottle of Cristal, pop the cork, only to find that you hate champagne? Maybe you're more of a whisky person, or a vodka person.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yes but what happens when you wait until you can afford a bottle of Cristal, pop the cork, only to find that you hate champagne? Maybe you'r more of a whisky person, or a vodka person.
I guess the champagne's out of the bottle at that point. Can't put back. Even if you could, it undoubtedly lost at least some of its fizz. You proceed as you will. You can still hold out for a rare brand or try 'following the herd' and drink whatever they are having.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I guess the champagne's out of the bottle at that point. Can't put back. Even if you could, it undoubtedly lost at least some of its fizz. You proceed as you will. You can still hold out for a rare brand or try 'following the herd' and drink whatever they are having.
Sorry, I would be really disappointed if I played up the whole "super special" "magical moment" "White buffalo" thing only to find the reality of the matter is that for most the first time is not all flowers and rainbows. It took years for me to be really comfortable in my own body, to learn my likes and dislikes, and to learn to communicate those likes and dislikes with another. I wouldn't wish for anyone to have to deal with me when I was still learning. I should apologize to my first for having to endure that.

Sorry, but even among those that I know that waited, there were no big firework moments the first time. Real life is not a romance novel.

Now if you feel the need to wait, go for it. For others that was not their choice. Your choice is no better or worse than theirs.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Sorry, I would be really disappointed if I played up the whole "super special" "magical moment" "White buffalo" thing only to find the reality of the matter is that for most the first time is not all flowers and rainbows. It took years for me to be really comfortable in my own body, to learn my likes and dislikes, and to learn to communicate those likes and dislikes with another. I wouldn't wish for anyone to have to deal with me when I was still learning. I should apologize to my first for having to endure that.

Sorry, but even among those that I know that waited, there were no big firework moments the first time. Real life is not a romance novel.

Now if you feel the need to wait, go for it. For others that was not their choice. Your choice is no better or worse than theirs.
I would just like to clarify that I am not the OP.

Some people mate for life and others don't. You made your choice, and you seem to be good with it. I think the OP is entitled to make his choice too, and not be treated like there is something wrong with him over it not being the same choice others on this forum have made.

Could he being missing out on countless hours of what might very well prove to be meaningless sex? Sure. Definitely.

But, he didn't miss out on his one chance to have meaningful sex. He and his bride will only be a virgin once. They can be 'like a virgin' a million times, but only once for the real thing.

I can respect his choice. He's entitled to it. It's his experience, and no one elses.

Besides, two virgins learning about sex together is about as good as it gets for a first time experience, regardless if it proves that the marriage wont last the test of time.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:14 AM

11,036 posts, read 5,995,283 times
[quote=ComeCloser;50053220]Okay, the fact they were female 'friends' doesn't really answer the question
Quote:
Were you in love with any of the six virgins? Were you even looking for love? Somehow...I doubt it.
Yes I was in love.

It just so happened that these and I were attracted to each other and got into a relationships.
Quote:
Believe it or not, there are still some women in the world who think more highly of themselves than just to use their body as an amusement park, lol.
What is wrong with a man and a woman loving each other, making love to each other, enjoying each other's bodies?
Quote:
If you feel the majority of the female herd you have encountered gives themselves away easily, consider yourself lucky. It seems like that is the easily dismissed experience you are looking for.
Hardly. I had very few one night stands or flings, if that's what you mean. I was too reserved.
For me it was mostly an emotional attraction before things got steamy.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:15 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
No its not, you just have a better shot at it. Someone found someone else special enough to bother to make a commitment up front.
The only problem with this is that there are some people who want the relationship more than the person. They didn't find the person special. They found the idea of the person special, and the goal of having the relationship special.

And those folks tend to have difficulty really connecting with a real human being and being into them for who they are, instead they pick one that's good enough and checks a few boxes, and then try to smoosh them into a container made up of their own needs.

Like a guy saying: "Male seeking female. She must be kind, nurturing, and faithful. Willing to marry, reproduce, and tend the children and home. At least a 6 in looks, and a virgin. Raised in a convent a plus. Must be prepared to leave behind friends and family to focus on OUR family, because I don't like drama. Must never have 'guy friends' and must be an exemplary hostess to any of my friends who visit, and able to impress my family. Strong, independent women and feminazis need not apply."

In fact it sounds like ya want a maid/mommy/sex bot. The only personality you want to see, is delight in serving in the capacities you wish her to serve. I mean you can tolerate a harmless hobby or two, like maybe gardening or knitting, so long as you don't have to hear about it, right?

Or a woman saying: "Womyn seeking real man. Must be tall and ambitious, charismatic and rugged. Six feet and six figures minimum. Must be experienced, but not TOO experienced, and ready to settle down. Be prepared to put effort into seducing me every time he wants sex or affection. Must be familiar with every restaurant in town and read my mind and tell me what I want to eat on dates, and always pay. No exes, no kids, no annoying drunk friends, and no judgmental mother. Please bring diamonds, and also a toolbox. And remember...if you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best!"

What about that guy's hopes and dreams? Right in the trash with his favorite recliner and his mint-in-box Spawn toys and his Maxim magazine collection?

The point of spewing out all of these stereotypical "wants" is that anyone who approaches partner seeking like this, is either going to be lonely a long time if they have their eyes open, or far more likely they will find a real human being (note: No real human beings have been described above) who fits some of the criteria, and then either try to force them to fit the rest, or resent them for NOT fitting the rest. But the getting of the magical relationship commitment thing is SO DARN IMPORTANT hey...it must mean you love that person and care, right? But what if you are blind to who they really are, and what you actually love is the idea of having a partner and being married?

Everyone has their preferences and criteria. The more strict you are about what you need, the harder it might be to find, and the only part I find sad about all that is when these kinds of objective standards seem to be more important than real compatibility. The ability to connect, communicate, an interest in who another human really is and joy in discovering that.

Am I making any sense here? I know I'm being a bit convoluted in trying to express this...

Old 11-07-2017, 09:20 AM

11,036 posts, read 5,995,283 times
Quote:

Could he being missing out on countless hours of what might very well prove to be meaningless sex? Sure. Definitely.

But, he didn't miss out on his one chance to have meaningful sex. He and his bride will only be a virgin once. They can be 'like a virgin' a million times, but only once for the real thing.
I missed the part where he said he has found his virgin bride.

I'm not sure what meaningless sex is? Sex is great! Period. It is even greater when it is with the one you love - love is a great aphrodisiac. But to deny oneself sex with the hopes of finding someone else who has also been denying themselves doesn't make any sense to me. It still boils down to marrying for sex. Or not marrying because of sex.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:22 AM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
You know what experience taught me? That losing my virginity was a non-issue, it hurt a little, blah blah.

Sex (like everything else in life) has meaning when I want it to, it doesn't always have to be soul melding convergence of pleasure (thought that's awesome), sometimes it can just be a physical act.

The status of my hymen has absolutely nothing to do with that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-07-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I would just like to clarify that I am not the OP.

Some people mate for life and others don't. You made your choice, and you seem to be good with it. I think the OP is entitled to make his choice too, and not be treated like there is something wrong with him over it not being the same choice others on this forum have made.

I can respect his choice. He's entitled to it. It's his experience, and no one elses.

Besides, two virgins learning about sex together is about as good as it gets for a first time experience, regardless if it proves that the marriage wont last the test of time.
I'm not of the opinion that you can only have "meaningful" sex once or only with one person. Every interaction with another person has the possibility of being meaningful. Chatting with a friend over lunch can be meaningful. One can have conversations with numerous people and they can all be meaningful. Talking and sharing your soul with someone can be just as intimate as sex, yet we have no problem with doing so with many people. Why is sex any different?

I have learned from every single sexual encounter, sometimes about myself, sometimes about the other person, sometimes about the relationship between us. Not all I have learned has been good, but it has helped to form the person I am today. I am a very different person than I was when I was a virgin, and every relationship physical or not, has shaped me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships