Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2017, 12:08 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,135,572 times

Advertisements

From a religious standpoint, it's better for me to wait as I won't have to deal with unwanted STDs, and I get to learn her body, what she likes, etc. I'm going to keep it real: I wouldn't want an experienced woman as I view them as used cars: lots of mileage and susceptible to maintenance issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 12:11 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,171,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
I wouldn't want an experienced woman as I view them as used cars: lots of mileage and susceptible to maintenance issues.
That's fine, as long as you consent to wearing one of these on your rear bumper:

Old 11-06-2017, 12:22 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,079,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
I wouldn't want an experienced woman as I view them as used cars: lots of mileage and susceptible to maintenance issues.

No worries about becoming too "Fast and Furious" over there with that attitude towards women.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:48 PM

212 posts, read 159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That's fine, as long as you consent to wearing one of these on your rear bumper:
Sometimes experience makes people cocky and arrogant.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:48 PM

20,461 posts, read 14,789,361 times
lol mileage and maintenance...

Guess I could say the same about experienced men, but the reality is it's far more productive to have a conversation with them about how they think about women and relationships, rather than to assume that x cause leads to y effect.

Some guys carry massive damage from bad relationships in the past. Some guys are looking for a mama for their kids from prior relationships. Some guys simultaneously hate women and desperately crave one to fill some void they think they have in their hearts. Some guys have STDs.

Funny how a virgin man gets "what's wrong with him?" while a virgin woman is a prize. I couldn't disagree more on both counts, but hey...get what you want. But at the same time, I would laughingly also advise...be careful what you wish for. I think there are many areas of human compatibility that should come very much ahead of such a detail as this one, knowing as I do how hard relationships can be, but it's a lesson no one can learn except from first-hand experience. And sometimes not even then.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screami View Post
Sometimes experience makes people cocky and arrogant.
It can. Oddly enough, so can naivete.

Perhaps you are familiar with this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect

I certainly wouldn't use "arrogance" to justify advising people to stay indoors and avoid experience LOL.

Old 11-06-2017, 01:18 PM

13,449 posts, read 15,558,699 times
I lost my virginity at 19 and married at 27. No regrets. I gave it up to someone I cared about and loved. I like being experienced and don't mind having "mileage". I'm better sexually and my husband is the direct beneficiary of that.

Old 11-06-2017, 01:59 PM

212 posts, read 159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It can. Oddly enough, so can naivete.

Perhaps you are familiar with this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect

I certainly wouldn't use "arrogance" to justify advising people to stay indoors and avoid experience LOL.
I didn't say that but experience isn't everything and there can be some bad things that come with it.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screami View Post
I didn't say that but experience isn't everything and there can be some bad things that come with it.
"Experience" IS everything, in terms of life.

That's why we are here! To experience things! There is a quote by Anais Nin that says, "Your world is as big as you make it," and I absolutely believe that is true. Sure, some experiences are more enjoyable with others, but we are not put here with a pain-free guarantee.

There is 100% nothing wrong with having experience, and to deride someone for that is purely sour grapes.

Live or don't live, but stop trying to make other people feel bad for not living their lives the way you would.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:56 PM

1,065 posts, read 602,051 times
Virginity is necessary to be sure the child a woman is carrying, is her husband's. I know, it didn't make sense back in history, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships