Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 08:26 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttddd95 View Post
Me about 40 minutes after I dropped her off: Hey did you have a good time? lol you don't have to be nice

Her: Lol yeah I did, there were a lot of people though

Me: I'm antisocial too but I hide it fairly well lol Are you interested in meeting again? this time waaay less people. We can do something much more relaxed than today

Her: Yeah, maybe when I'm off work again or when I get my car lol I almost passed out on the ride home

Me: You can be upfront if you don't want to, really no hard feelings but if you do want to hang out again, awesome
and yeah I'm really tired, If we had done the cave tour, I would not have made it out the other side lol

Her: Well we'll see and yeah me too, thats a lot of walking and it would've been so dark

Me: Idk why riding rides takes so much energy out lol anyway, you're really cute and I wanted to kiss you when I dropped you off but I can't read you very well haha

Her: Lol well thanks, I'm probably going to sleep now or I'll pass out

Does that change your opinion of the situation? lol
All it does it make me feel like you were trying a little too hard here. She seems fine, maybe open to going out again, but mostly worried about "passing out" from being high.

First of all, asking her three times if she REALLY had fun is a sign of insecurity. Don't do that anymore.

I also probably would not have texted all that only 40 minutes after you dropped her off.

Just wait a day or so, text her again with a specific plan, then see what she says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 09:02 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
OP, relax. Stop over-analyzing, and hand-wringing.

Do you know what her work schedule is? She said maybe next time she's off work. Do you know when that is? If not, your next step would be to find out, and to ask her if she wants to do something on her next day off.

Suggest something tame, very tame, quiet, without crowds of people. See what's happening in your town; check out the museums, see if there's an interesting exhibit. Combine that with lunch or an early casual dinner. Throw in a walk in the park, maybe. If you managed to keep the conversation going for a 2.5 hr. car ride out to the amusement park, you must be a good conversationalist. Anyway, you say the two of you have a lot in common, so take a date idea from one of those things you have in common.

Good luck! Stay positive!

Old 11-06-2017, 07:05 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
First of all, asking her three times if she REALLY had fun is a sign of insecurity. Don't do that anymore.
As saying "You don't have to be nice," "You can be upfront if you don't want to." In her shoes I would think that you lack confidence. Most women find confidence attractive.

I also think labeling yourself as antisocial is a mistake. That's generally not a trait women seek in a date or partner.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:17 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Honestly, I'm surprised she agreed to be in a car with a total stranger after 5 hours. But I kinda think you should've at least went for the kiss good night instead of the hug.

Also, you have to factor in that you both got super stoned, and it will make you quiet and out of it. I'm not sure that was such a good idea for a first date either.

But you seem to be over-analyzing the situation. Relax. Don't sweat and read too much into texts. Just plan a date for the next go around and go from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships