Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 10:36 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,032,134 times

Advertisements

Smart, and creative.

I love smart women who are listeners as well as talkers. I love being able to have a real conversation, whether it's just meandering, tangential yammer while we drive, discussing sailing ships and sealing wax, cabbages and kings

And why the sea is boiling hot,
And whether pigs have wings.

Creative in a general sort of way, musically, in the home and especially the kitchen, with regard to décor, and for writing.

Compassionate; has been around enough to know what it's like to be on the crappy end of life. Has learned lessons from it, and has no intention of throwing good money after bad, BUT is aware that life happens, and not always in a good way.

Capable of a sense of urgency. Won't stroll casually when I'm bleeding and have asked for help, or a towel. Won't interrupt me on my way out the door to ask "Can I come too?" only to take 45 minutes getting ready.

Clear in her expectations. Some things are just courtesy and she has a clear understanding of this; but when she would like me to step up my own game in order to meet her expectations, she's not afraid to let me know she's aware I failed my telepathy course miserably.

HAS a clear knowledge of courtesy. She has expectations of me, but she also knows she's a partner in the endeavor, and so it's not about winning, it's about the fact that a rising tide lifts all ships.

Likes the romantic side of things. She recognizes Love Languages, and knows that I'm not being gushy, romance is part of how I express my own feelings. She knows that if I buy her flowers it's not because I figured I should buy her flowers, it's because I saw some flowers and they made me think of her. She knows the difference there. She knows that I'm not buying gifts in the hopes of getting me some, but that I saw a certain thing and thought of her.

Expresses herself through touch, through words of assurance, through making time for one another.

Knows I need ME time for writing, and can recognize the difference between inspiration which must be catered to, and when I need to take a break, spend time with her.

Has a work ethic, so that we sometimes go on work "dates." She works, I work, we accomplish stuff, but sometimes we pause to ask the other person for input. She asks "What do you think of how this is phrased?" I ask "Why would a witch feel an instinctive hostility toward certain other witches, but not all?"

She likes to laugh. A lot. She's smart enough to make me laugh, and she both rolls her eyes at and appreciates my bad jokes.

Someone just... shoot me now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 11:03 AM

89,077 posts, read 85,670,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Smart, and creative.

I love smart women who are listeners as well as talkers. I love being able to have a real conversation, whether it's just meandering, tangential yammer while we drive, discussing sailing ships and sealing wax, cabbages and kings

And why the sea is boiling hot,
And whether pigs have wings.

Creative in a general sort of way, musically, in the home and especially the kitchen, with regard to décor, and for writing.

Compassionate; has been around enough to know what it's like to be on the crappy end of life. Has learned lessons from it, and has no intention of throwing good money after bad, BUT is aware that life happens, and not always in a good way.

Capable of a sense of urgency. Won't stroll casually when I'm bleeding and have asked for help, or a towel. Won't interrupt me on my way out the door to ask "Can I come too?" only to take 45 minutes getting ready.

Clear in her expectations. Some things are just courtesy and she has a clear understanding of this; but when she would like me to step up my own game in order to meet her expectations, she's not afraid to let me know she's aware I failed my telepathy course miserably.

HAS a clear knowledge of courtesy. She has expectations of me, but she also knows she's a partner in the endeavor, and so it's not about winning, it's about the fact that a rising tide lifts all ships.

Likes the romantic side of things. She recognizes Love Languages, and knows that I'm not being gushy, romance is part of how I express my own feelings. She knows that if I buy her flowers it's not because I figured I should buy her flowers, it's because I saw some flowers and they made me think of her. She knows the difference there. She knows that I'm not buying gifts in the hopes of getting me some, but that I saw a certain thing and thought of her.

Expresses herself through touch, through words of assurance, through making time for one another.

Knows I need ME time for writing, and can recognize the difference between inspiration which must be catered to, and when I need to take a break, spend time with her.

Has a work ethic, so that we sometimes go on work "dates." She works, I work, we accomplish stuff, but sometimes we pause to ask the other person for input. She asks "What do you think of how this is phrased?" I ask "Why would a witch feel an instinctive hostility toward certain other witches, but not all?"

She likes to laugh. A lot. She's smart enough to make me laugh, and she both rolls her eyes at and appreciates my bad jokes.

Someone just... shoot me now.
Nah, it's good you have a list. That's a start.

I recently went through an old computer and found my "list" from 2010. I'd forgotten about it.

This past year I found myself in a relationship, and when I reread my list, the person hits every single item on my list except one, and that one I can live with. Or without, to be more accurate.

Old 11-13-2017, 03:52 PM

247 posts, read 199,539 times
That's quite a specific list.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:35 PM

2,457 posts, read 3,602,300 times
Voices, fragrances and soft firmness.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:05 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,448,242 times
Default What do you like most about the opposite sex?

The way they make me feel!

I like the groove of your walk, your talk, your dress....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzZ_urpj4As

Old 11-13-2017, 05:10 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,093,236 times
Pretty much everything. The soft skin, pretty hair, hairless bodies, sweet voice, breasts, big nipples, dainty hands, face, legs...the whole proverbial ball of wax.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:17 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,448,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Pretty much everything. The soft skin, pretty hair, hairless bodies, sweet voice, breasts, big nipples, dainty hands, face, legs...the whole proverbial ball of wax.
Yeah, those pepperoni size nipplers gets me really...... thirsty, LOl

Old 11-14-2017, 10:04 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,032,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCan View Post
Not really. It kind of boils down to:

Courteous
Smart
Likes to laugh
Open-minded enough to know life is a two-way street
Creative
Conversant
Compassionate
Romantic, and hopefully in ways that suit me

I don't think those sorts of things are really different than what most are looking for when they date. We find small factors which suit us, and build on them, find out more and more regarding mutual compatibility.

A person who likes to talk is good; but do they listen to their partner, really listen?

A person who likes to cook likes someone who enjoys eating, appreciates their efforts. But what about someone who enjoys cooking with them? And so on, on and on it goes.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:10 AM

8,925 posts, read 7,778,342 times
Low voices
Intense warmth
Composure
Piercing eyes
Taut muscles under smooth skin
Fresh crisp scents
Protective nature

To name a few....

Old 11-14-2017, 10:33 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,458,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCan View Post
Specific, yes. However none of it is really out of the ordinary and all are pretty basic. These would actually be minimum for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships