Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 02:14 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I remember seeing a profile where the guy said "I'm most likely not going to like you so don't even bother since I want a unicorn"...I almost messaged him just to say "then why do you bother even dating???". I see this a lot in Phoenix. I can't speak for women, but I see a lot of men looking for the mythical unicorn woman here.
I LOVE those profiles. It means... moving right along don't need to spend any time with that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 02:23 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
That height thing is just a bunch of nonsense because I am tall and single and come across attractive women with short men all the time.

Old 12-02-2017, 02:31 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I LOVE those profiles. It means... moving right along don't need to spend any time with that one.
Seriously! He was super attractive, but as soon as I read that he instantly became ugly to me. Who needs that nonsense in their life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
That height thing is just a bunch of nonsense because I am tall and single and come across attractive women with short men all the time.
I'm 5'4" and average height of gusy I've dated were around 5'8"/5'9" so yeah..these complaints are silly. I meet other women who demand men be over 6' even though they're my height or less..women like that are just mean in my opinion. I've noticed men who are over 6' for the most part prefer taller women anyways. Its rare that a guy taller than that asks me out.

Old 12-02-2017, 02:45 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Seriously! He was super attractive, but as soon as I read that he instantly became ugly to me. Who needs that nonsense in their life?

I'm 5'4" and average height of gusy I've dated were around 5'8"/5'9" so yeah..these complaints are silly. I meet other women who demand men be over 6' even though they're my height or less..women like that are just mean in my opinion. I've noticed men who are over 6' for the most part prefer taller women anyways. Its rare that a guy taller than that asks me out.
I;m over 6ft tall and prefer women who are 5'5 to 5'10 when it comes to height.

Old 12-02-2017, 02:47 PM

1,405 posts, read 1,178,804 times
Quote:
...I'm 5'4"...I meet other women who demand men be over 6' even though they're my height or less...
Pretty sure there are a large number of these women about, as this is a fairly common thing on OLD sites (women who barely break 5' who state in their profile that they are only interested in men 6' or taller).

Old 12-02-2017, 03:19 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInSD View Post
Pretty sure there are a large number of these women about, as this is a fairly common thing on OLD sites (women who barely break 5' who state in their profile that they are only interested in men 6' or taller).
I don't quite get it, but it's whatever. People like what they like. I read men's profiles that stated their preference for petite/shorter women because they like the dynamic of being/feeling like a protector or whatever. For much the same reasons some women prefer tall men.

Years ago my mother brought up her preference for tall men 6'+ when she was younger because that was simply her norm. Her brothers are no shorter than 6'1" and she's 5'8", her father 6'2" and so on. But her preferences changed as she got older and went on to date men under 5'10". (second husband is 5'8")

And much like her, tall men was simply my norm growing up. My father is 6'3", male cousins no shorter than 6'2", female cousins 5'8"+ and so on. My earliest relationships fit that trend, but dated men who were average height and shorter. My first husband is 5'10" (I'm 5'9"), and the vast majority of my dates when I was in the scene were under 6'. I can count on two hands the number of dates that were over 6', out of 100+ dates. Quite a few were 5'7"-5'9", and I had a huge crush on a guy that's 5'5".

Old 12-02-2017, 08:04 PM

901 posts, read 747,412 times
As far as height, women want a man that is taller than them. It is biology, the man has to be the dominant protector. Height is an indicator of dominance. However in my bouncing days, the most brutally savage street fighters were guys that were around 5'6-5'9, I have seen some tall guys get handled like rag dolls by the shorter guys.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:47 PM

247 posts, read 198,157 times
I haven't tried OLD yet ( NYE 2018 resolution!) and I will be quickly dismissing overly specific laundry list of physical qualities-type profiles. I have to add though that I have just 1 preference, and that is height. I'm quite tall at 5'9 and I desire a man to be much taller than me. My tallest bf was 6'4 and shortest 5'8. I think this preference will make my dating pool much smaller. Do many men really list their weight preferences for women?

Old 12-03-2017, 01:40 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCan View Post
. Do many men really list their weight preferences for women?
Some allude to it by saying something like height-weight proportionate or that they are in shape and prefer that you are, too.
There are some that are more blunt.

Old 12-03-2017, 01:12 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCan View Post
I haven't tried OLD yet ( NYE 2018 resolution!) and I will be quickly dismissing overly specific laundry list of physical qualities-type profiles. I have to add though that I have just 1 preference, and that is height. I'm quite tall at 5'9 and I desire a man to be much taller than me. My tallest bf was 6'4 and shortest 5'8. I think this preference will make my dating pool much smaller. Do many men really list their weight preferences for women?
I saw "HWP" and "WHR" listed in a lot of profiles, and others were more specific, e.g., petite, svelte, likes CrossFit, eats paleo, follows IIFYM, etc., which denote a specific lifestyle. I did see profiles that went into specific height and weight ranges. So, yeah, they do exist, but getting into specifics may be location dependent as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships