Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 01:48 PM

8 posts, read 29,495 times

Advertisements

So my girlfriend left yesterday afternoon from here house while I was also at her house cutting wood and doing yard work. She said she’d be home in a little while at around 4pm but got home closer to 7:30. I had made dinner and homemade corn bread muffins and she came home and we had dinner. Later in the night I asked her what she was doing on Christmas Day and she said she was going back to her ex’s house to see the inlaws again. She also said her stomach was hurting and asked if I’d be upset if she slept alone and I slept in the guest bedroom. I told her I wouldn’t be upset but I actually sort of was upset. It’s Christmas Eve for God’s sake. So I get up this morning and spend about an hour with her and she gives me a hug goodbye and says merry Christmas. We have been dating for 8 months and I though like usual a goodbye kiss was in order. My family is far away and I’m in a new town with no friends so my Christmas has so far been a huge bore. She says they are her family and only sees them once a year. I get it but I also wanted to spend time with her. Not sure why I don’t rate more than an hour or two of time on Xmas eve and Xmas day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2017, 01:52 PM

1,199 posts, read 731,225 times
You're the same guy that has the gf getting "you up" texts. Now she's spending the holidays with her ex and afterwards won't share the bed with you?

Bro.

How many more red flags do you need shoved down your throat to bounce on this. She is creating major insecurity in you and honestly I don't think it's because you're naturally insecure. I do think you're a bit naive though.

Old 12-25-2017, 01:54 PM

1,289 posts, read 938,844 times
Are you willing to get used to this?

Old 12-25-2017, 01:57 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
Again.... what are YOU going to do?

Everybody told you what's up in the last thread, what exactly are you looking for?

No one here can tell you what to do or make the decision for you.

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Are you sure that's where she was?

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
OP: Some bloods are often thicker than waters.

I was just talking to my neighbor and we were reminiscing about our past lives and marriage I had, and bf's we had over our lives...and how thankful we are to have not gotten more legally entangled. I know her 50 some yrs when I first landed in SM and she went thru my divorce with me and we went boy scouting much of our younger lives.

Perhaps don't have expectations and then not a lot of disappointments. That can be tough but probably very true.

Old 12-25-2017, 02:09 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Are you sure you guys are exclusive?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-25-2017, 02:10 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Are you sure you guys are exclusive?
Yeah, honestly, it sounds like a barely believable made-up excuse to spend the night in some other guy's bed.

Old 12-25-2017, 02:13 PM

130,455 posts, read 12,124,678 times
Unless her & the ex have a child together, I see no reason to spend the Holiday with him & her ex inlaws. She is clearly putting him before you. If it were me, I'd be looking for a new partner.

Old 12-25-2017, 02:19 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yeah, honestly, it sounds like a barely believable made-up excuse to spend the night in some other guy's bed.
Even if she was genuinely at the ex in-laws, who would leave an 8 month BF alone during the holidays when he has nothing to do?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships