Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 02:22 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,096,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Even if she was genuinely at the ex in-laws, who would leave an 8 month BF alone during the holidays when he has nothing to do?
Someone who is into someone else but doesn't have the guts to break it off out of guilt because he moved here and doesn't know anyone, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2017, 02:23 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montana23 View Post
So my girlfriend left yesterday afternoon from here house while I was also at her house cutting wood and doing yard work. She said she’d be home in a little while at around 4pm but got home closer to 7:30. I had made dinner and homemade corn bread muffins and she came home and we had dinner. Later in the night I asked her what she was doing on Christmas Day and she said she was going back to her ex’s house to see the inlaws again. She also said her stomach was hurting and asked if I’d be upset if she slept alone and I slept in the guest bedroom. I told her I wouldn’t be upset but I actually sort of was upset. It’s Christmas Eve for God’s sake. So I get up this morning and spend about an hour with her and she gives me a hug goodbye and says merry Christmas. We have been dating for 8 months and I though like usual a goodbye kiss was in order. My family is far away and I’m in a new town with no friends so my Christmas has so far been a huge bore. She says they are her family and only sees them once a year. I get it but I also wanted to spend time with her. Not sure why I don’t rate more than an hour or two of time on Xmas eve and Xmas day.
OP, how are her ex's family members HER family? They're HIS family; she and they are not related. I think you should ask her this. YOU (and of course--her own parents) are her family now.

And btw, didn't you two exchange Christmas presents? And what about the missing 3-1/2 hours on Xmas eve day, did she ever explain that?

I'm also curious as to why you asked her what she was planning for Xmas Day (today), instead of the two of you already having plans, which would be the normal thing for a couple during the Xmas season. Or asking "what do you want to do tomorrow? I thought _____ would be a nice way to spend part of the day..."

You two don't really sound like a couple.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 12-25-2017 at 02:32 PM..

Old 12-25-2017, 03:06 PM

8 posts, read 29,583 times
They have two boys together both in there 20’s on the west coast. They have been divorced 11 years but are still friends. I trust she is where she says she is. We had a conversation several weeks ago about being exclusive and she brought it up. I’m just not sure why she doesn’t want to spend time with me today other than she has a strong relationship with her ex mother in law. I’m just trying to make sense of it.

Old 12-25-2017, 03:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,096,938 times
Quote:
They have two boys together both in there 20’s on the west coast. They have been divorced 11 years but are still friends. I trust she is where she says she is. We had a conversation several weeks ago about being exclusive and she brought it up. I’m just not sure why she doesn’t want to spend time with me today other than she has a strong relationship with her ex mother in law. I’m just trying to make sense of it.
That would have been super helpful info for the first post, OP.

You are a pretty new relationship to be living together. Obviously you also aren't as young as I thought you were.

The two of you may have jumped the gun on living together. You just need to have a talk to discuss feelings and expectations.

Old 12-25-2017, 11:11 PM

421 posts, read 238,629 times
Why couldn't you go with?

Old 12-25-2017, 11:13 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,676,817 times
Yeah. Why didn't she take you?

And more importantly, why are you settling for this?

This is horrible.

She ditched you on a major holiday.

No bueno.

Think seriously about this "relationship" and what you want.

Old 12-26-2017, 12:30 AM

6,988 posts, read 6,913,953 times
This kind of thing just does not happen in a normal relationship. There is no excuse, but I am sure you will find one for her in your mind.

In my mind, she has a seriously warped sense of what is the right way to behave in a relationship. What you do is up to you but I know what I would do.

Old 12-26-2017, 01:11 AM

436 posts, read 303,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idkeither View Post
Why couldn't you go with?
You think those 20 something boys want anyone outside of family to be at their family xmas?
I doubt it. And especially not moms boyfriend!
Hopefully this broken family can mend itself back together on Xmas
And remain a stable family unit. So sad

Old 12-26-2017, 06:12 AM

314 posts, read 440,964 times
Dude.............you need to bounce fast!!!!

Red Flags
1. left you hanging on Christmas Eve. (Did she even call you to let you know she was going to be back late?)
2. didn't want to sleep with you
3. acted like it was no big deal
4. went back a second day to visit with the ex and his parents
5. time spent with you versus with the ex
6. goodbye hug instead of a goodbye kiss

Maybe you are just the handyman for the house and yard work and she is working with the ex to repair their relationship.
Does she call you her BF or just a friend?

Queue Biz Markie's Just A Friend song

Old 12-26-2017, 07:06 AM

235 posts, read 149,080 times
Quote:
. She also said her stomach was hurting and asked if I’d be upset if she slept alone and I slept in the guest bedroom. I told her I wouldn’t be upset but I actually sort of was upset. It’s Christmas Eve for God’s sake.
Wow. That was the lamest excuse not to sleep with you. More shocked that this is the same massage therapist. She must be an expert on all those lame excuses not to sleep with someone.

Agree with others on why you were not invited. Are you sure you are in a relationship? LOL. Looks like you are more of a 'help' in hard labor in her house, wow. OP, I hope you realized you are being taken for a fool, BIG time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships