Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 09:54 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times

Advertisements

Not a tattoo fan at all but it seems to be the trend with people now more than ever. I would suggest not getting one on your neck or face but that seems to be more prevalent as well. Enjoy your ink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 10:15 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Did his dad move out?

Old 01-20-2018, 10:35 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
This is the guy you just married, right?

The guy who was, evidencing controlling and verbally abusive behavior in the weeks leading up to the wedding, prompting you to consider cancelling?

The guy who attempted to move his dad into your dining room immediately after the wedding?

Old 01-20-2018, 01:37 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
This is the guy you just married, right?

The guy who was, evidencing controlling and verbally abusive behavior in the weeks leading up to the wedding, prompting you to consider cancelling?

The guy who attempted to move his dad into your dining room immediately after the wedding?
Red flags everywhere.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:58 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
I’m in his camp as I disdain tattoos of all kinds. If I was your husband I would express my opinion but likely you would already know. However that is where it would stop. It’s your body and a husband doesn’t own it but he still has the right to his own individual opinion.
I'm against them too, years ago when I was much younger and hung down at Venice Beach, I got a henna on my ankle which washed off with time, got it out of my system. NOPE on tats...

Old 01-20-2018, 02:25 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
I think they're trashy. If my wife got one with your attitude I would not be happy. I've been with girls who wanted to do things like that and they asked my opinion and always took it into consideration. They always didn't get the tattoo or belly piercing or whatever I think partially because they knew I wouldn't like it. If they would have, I wouldn't have said much else though. I would think less of them for it and be embarrassed to have my family know she had one. It also seems kind of immature. You're married now. Tattoos are something you get when you're in you're 20's and being young and crazy IMO.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:58 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Love them... as long as they are artistically done and well executed. I'm not a big fan of people, men and women, who have tattoos that are haphazard in content, theme, and placement.

That aside, I wouldn't make my love or relationship contingent on such a personal choice and certainly wouldn't hold my relationship hostage to keep her from doing something she wants with her body that really isn't hurting anyone.

In my area, there are lots of people with tattoos. Seems fairly acceptable... many professionals too. There seems to be tattoo parlor in every town.. I think there are five within walking distance from my home.

Old 01-20-2018, 06:30 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,872,148 times
My late husband was extremely against my getting a tattoo, even a small "hidden" one, so I didn't get a tattoo. I loved my husband and I didn't want to make him unhappy.

A few years after he died, I treated myself to a tattoo for my 60th birthday. A small "hidden" one. I know it's there, that's all I wanted.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:12 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I am not a fan of tattoos either but I'm not going to tell my woman she couldn't get one.
I think there is a clear difference in having an opinion opposed to tattoos and demanding or forbidding someone to do it. Especially when married i think a degree of latitude is to be afforded there.

There are plenty of things my wife doesn’t like that she expresses that I try to work on. Doesn’t mean she is commanding me just stating her preferences. It’s a healthy part of a relationship.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:04 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I was pissed when my husband shaved his beard and moustache after 25 years! LOL! So yeah, I can see getting upset about your SO getting a tattoo if you have an aversion to them. Being in a relationship requires compromise and if you don't want to compromise perhaps you shouldn't be in the relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships