Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 06:24 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,811,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
DeCastro, I think there is an important question to be asked here. Have you had sex before?

Don't laugh, but we have been surprised many times by an OP asking the same question as you, but when probed, we learn that he 1) has never had an intimate encounter of any kind with a woman; 2) has never had a woman as a friend; 3) suffers from crippling social anxiety; and 4) thinks that "acquiring" a woman for sex will solve all of his social problems.

Be honest, is this you?
Nah I have had sex before. I had a fwb situation with a much older woman when I was 26, but I started to fall for her and she treated me like crap after I fell for her then she ended it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 06:25 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
Nah I have had sex before. I had a fwb situation with a much older woman when I was 26, but I started to fall for her and she treated me like crap after I fell for her then she ended it
Defeats the whole purpose you violated the core tenenat the relationship was built upon.

Old 01-23-2018, 06:39 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatomicbomb90 View Post
it really comes down to looks.
And attitude.

We all know that guy who just sort of has "it." Just an overall appeal.

Let's be real, the OP is looking for someone for purely physical attraction, he must know his target group will be exactly the same. Neither is less or more shallow and it is what it is. It may take a whole but if this is the goal then it is.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:21 AM

971 posts, read 688,204 times
Go to the bar sober 9 pm or later and sit down with a beer and LISTEN. Then, pick up the woman who is bitching about her husband and complaining she never gets sex at home, or is talking about leaving her husband or bf cause she is not happy. Always at least one in the bar and always pretty much guaranteed. After 9pm so all the other guys have bought her drinks all night and she is ready to go, but not too drunk for sex.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:24 AM

639 posts, read 376,006 times
The vast majority will say they want a relationship, even if truly all they want is something physical.

When they do "give in" to your advances, they have to make sure they are deemed the innocent party to save reputation.

They might stick with you for a little while pretending to look for an actual relationship.

The reality is, they as much as you, are/have enjoyed the sexual aspect of the relationship.

In other words, they want it as bad as you do. The process to get there for men and women is often different however.

Ever watch Hallmark? start lol .. there is also a concern of pregnancy to an unknown individual which men don't have to deal with.

So they want to know who you are more.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:02 PM

641 posts, read 405,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
The vast majority will say they want a relationship, even if truly all they want is something physical.

When they do "give in" to your advances, they have to make sure they are deemed the innocent party to save reputation.

They might stick with you for a little while pretending to look for an actual relationship.

The reality is, they as much as you, are/have enjoyed the sexual aspect of the relationship.

In other words, they want it as bad as you do. The process to get there for men and women is often different however.

Ever watch Hallmark? start lol .. there is also a concern of pregnancy to an unknown individual which men don't have to deal with.

So they want to know who you are more.
Women have the birth control pill, men don't. Women can avoid pregnancy if they don't want it.

All men can do is rubber up and hope the condom is infallible.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:23 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
Women have the birth control pill, men don't. Women can avoid pregnancy if they don't want it.

All men can do is rubber up and hope the condom is infallible.
True, but no method is 100% (although the pill is generally effective) and pill does have some bad side effects for some. It's why I got my tubes tied. I was done fooling with all that.

There is a product called Vasalgel, I've been watching for news of this for probably a decade now. It's a simple one-time injection that temporarily sterilizes a man, and is easily reversible with a second injection if he changes his mind. I suspect the reason it hasn't made it through the process to market here in North America, is that it's not going to be anywhere near as profitable as women's hormone based products that have to be renewed periodically and continue to bear a cost on an ongoing basis.

But if we could just get it available...it is said to be as effective as the pill or better. As a mother of sons, I've always wished they had an option that let them be as in control of their reproductive capabilities, as women have with pills and other hormone products. It is unfair.

EDIT: Little under a decade. The story in WIRED that I originally read about it, was in 2011. So like 6-7 years.

Last edited by Sonic_Spork; 01-24-2018 at 02:37 PM..

Old 01-27-2018, 08:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
It helps if you are good at sex. OP, are you good at sex?
Lol!!!!!

Old 01-31-2018, 11:57 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
This is where guys mess it up. I would advise to not put in your profile that you're not looking for anything serious. I would say you're open to whatever happens. From the women I've had this discussion with, the "not looking for anything serious" comes off to women that the guy just wants to sleep with them. All my female friends/acquaintances have admitted that they want to have sex more than the guy does, but they don't, because the guys don't even try to woo them or treat them like a human being. The women have told me that's the big difference between a guy sleeping with them before date 3 or not sleeping with them at all. It's all in how the guy treats them. If he's not putting in the effort to show that she's special, even if he has 10 other women in his orbit, than why should I offer him my body?

It's all about how you treat them. Sure, there's women that are attracted to the douche guy, but most women are attracted to a guy that they can talk to, have commonalities with, and most importantly, feel relaxed and comfortable with. That still doesn't mean that it will lead to anything long-term, or even a second date, but this is what the majority of women are looking for.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:17 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
I find it difficult to find a woman to have a fling with because almost all of them are looking for a relationship. There is nothing wrong with relationships but I would rather have a fling right now. Anytime I message a woman on a dating site, she doesn’t answer. I say in my profile that I don’t want anything serious so if I talk to a woman she won’t think I am leading her on. I hear these dating coaches say you have to be straightforward with these women and tell them the first time that you meet them that you just want sex. This never works. It must work for some guys, because I know guys that just easily get women to hookup with them left and right. Must be nice
One way to do it is to go to parties, and talk to women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships