Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 09:27 AM

39 posts, read 57,902 times

Advertisements

Say you have the hypothetical single man in his 30s with good looks and his life together but he does not bother too much with chasing women and all, how is the dating life like?

Do women ever actually come to such a guy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2018, 09:37 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,948,107 times
I am that guy! It's rare that a woman actually approaches me. Usually you get a look from them though that is basically saying "come talk to me." Then on dating sites I've had women message me plenty of times.

For women it's more about connection and confidence. They aren't going to know that just by looking at you. And if you don't initiate the conversation you aren't that confident or interested.

Last edited by Berteau; 01-14-2018 at 09:55 AM..

Old 01-14-2018, 09:44 AM

639 posts, read 376,762 times
No they won't initiate almost 100 percent of the time.

I'm 36, exercise regularly, eat good, dress good, have a good social life, play musical instruments, have a full-time job, furthering my education, no kids, no ex wife, above average looks for my age etc..

You have to initiate an interest and pursue to get anywhere.

If you focused on primarily younger women especially, you need to take the lead.

Old 01-14-2018, 10:08 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
I was in my early 30's, when I got divorced from my first wife. I had a good job, kept in great shape, dressed well, with good looks. I did not date for over eight months. I didn't go out much at all, and I did NOT pursue women. I guess I needed the time just to be by myself. It was probably the best thing I ever did. I used my spare time to get a pilot's license, and some additional ratings. That, and exercise, running, biking etc were my main focus. Then I started agreeing to go to some parties friends of mine were having, and started to meet single women. Eventually, I started dating again.

My point is there are times in our lives where we just are not ready to be in a relationship, or even casually date. I wasn't bitter, and I didn't have anything against women. My divorce was amicable, so no real baggage from that. I didn't want to be romantic, or even just hang out with women. I am sure women go through this sometimes also.

Old 01-14-2018, 12:03 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,373,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boran2 View Post
Say you have the hypothetical single man in his 30s with good looks and his life together but he does not bother too much with chasing women and all, how is the dating life like?

Do women ever actually come to such a guy?
Sure they do. I approached my husband. He wasn't a "cast a wide net" type of guy, and wasn't super active with meeting people or dating at the time we met. He was also pretty selective about the type of women he took interest in. Then I sent him a message and he was smitten.

Old 01-14-2018, 12:40 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
If you guys are as handsome, successful and socially connected as you say you are, then you are presumably socializing with and talking with women regularly. Surely one of them has shown an interest beyond friendship. It should be a simple matter to shift that into a dating situation. Guys like you do not need to "chase" women or wait for them to approach you. They are right there in your active social circle, yes?

Old 01-14-2018, 12:53 PM

641 posts, read 405,843 times
I fall into this category although my problem is i'm a little shy.

The main thing is I don't really initiate, not without a lot of encouragement anyway and I don't bother with online dating. Women expect you to approach them and escalate etc.

I'm happy enough single.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:06 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,730,962 times
I was not at all that confident about my looks or having my act together, but, yes, most of my gilrfriends (and both my wives) hit on me, first, some harder than others. I never objected.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:12 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,880,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boran2 View Post
That man is me. My dating life: nonexistent. And I don't care. I have several friends who are women, and I think very highly of them, although most of my friends are men. I just want nothing to do with relationships, or even casual dating. Over the course of my life, I internalized the message that any romantic relationships produce a net loss of happiness. And I have no interest in sex whatsoever, so there. Any relationship benefits I am interested in---shared good times, inside jokes, feeling respected, etc.---I can get from friendships just the same.

If a woman were to show romantic interest in me in the near future, as two women did last year, I'd politely turn her down. Although if her personality meshes well with mine, I'd offer my friendship. But no romance.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:13 PM

16 posts, read 15,340 times
No, women don't hit on you. What they do is put thenselves in your vacinity then wait for you to make the move. Especially they younger ones. the ones who do approach you will be the heavy or u desirable ones.

An observation of mine... let women youve expressed interest in see you talking to other women. Some sort of jelousy switch flips in their head and now youre the prize who has other prospects. It's worked for me.

Im around 30 and slept with 4 women last year. Ages 27, 25, 19, 20.

What do you do when you're failing? Work harder! Learn from mistakes! Same applies here. Are you willing to do what it takes to be successful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships