Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 11:12 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
My most recent 5 year long relationship. However, it wasnt a huge difference even though she did mention it a few times that "only if I could be earning a little more"....lol. Oddly enough, a couple months after our breakup I doubled my salary. Most of the 5 years we did really well with money, sharing expanses etc - it was never a poinbt of contention or an issue really
You dated a feminist raised in our brainwashed society? Somebody who worked and paid for stuff?

How did you stand it, John? Did you just close your eyes or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 11:19 AM

336 posts, read 195,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
You dated a feminist raised in our brainwashed society? Somebody who worked and paid for stuff?

How did you stand it, John? Did you just close your eyes or something?
Nope, I actually dated someone born in another country. Nice try though.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Nope, I actually dated someone born in another country. Nice try though.
Oh, it's only feminism if it's in this country.

Otherwise, it's working, being self-supporting and having premarital sex AND choosing one's own sexual/romantic relationship as far as entering it, then exiting it at will to find another...without female empowerment.

Good to know.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Oh, it's only feminism if it's in this country.

Otherwise, it's working, being self-supporting and having premarital sex AND choosing one's own sexual/romantic relationship as far as entering it, then exiting it at while to find another...without feminism.

Good to know.
Dont be so bitter JerZ. I must have said something that was true, for you to respond in this way. Does that give you a pause? Maybe you can revisit your views on the subject

Old 02-02-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Dont be so bitter JerZ. I must have said something that was true, for you to respond in this way. Does that give you a pause? Maybe you can revisit your views on the subject
In order to be logical and reasonable, I need to be bitter?

John, you are an entertainment, that's for sure.

Anyway, good that you didn't feel resentful (obviously) of her making money per this thread. Neither did my husband, though he didn't have to go out of the country to find me, because working women are all over the U.S. and he didn't have a problem dating in general and finding girlfriends (the last being me).

FWIW, I don't really know any other men IRL who resent this sort of situation, which is becoming more common.

"Does that give you a pause?" No, LOL. :?:

Old 02-02-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
In order to be logical and reasonable, I need to be bitter?

John, you are an entertainment, that's for sure.

Anyway, good that you didn't feel resentful (obviously) of her making money per this thread. Neither did my husband, though he didn't have to go out of the country to find me, because working women are all over the U.S. and he didn't have a problem dating in general and finding girlfriends (the last being me).

FWIW, I don't really know any other men IRL who resent this sort of situation, which is becoming more common.

"Does that give you a pause?" No, LOL. :?:
I dont know, seems like I touched a nerve somewhere. Are you sure you will be ok? I can offer you some politically correct opinions to smooth things over, if that helps.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:31 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,422,074 times
One... of two (I was picky, only 2 girls made it more than 3 dates)... so Half of them all?

My wife makes roughly Double the best I've ever made, and has since about year 3 out of college... or ~15 years. Works for us, other people think all sorts of things that range the whole scale... thankfully, I know that what others think is of no consequence.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:36 AM

Here's something interesting, if it makes a difference and applies. I've never minded making more than a man and never had a man mind that I made more, but I have had men afraid of making more than I did. (I never asked to be treated beyond what I was willing to treat and never focused on the money aspect so it couldn't have been that.)

Not tons of men, granted. Most just don't think about it...but I always found that interesting. Not sure why that was.

This is JME.

I also have an uncle who was a SAHM literally for 20+ years and a male friend who did the same while his wife worked...those were all fine...I never noticed resentments.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:49 AM

You mean SAHD not SAHM?

Old 02-02-2018, 12:03 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
None that I can think of. Well, I dated a trust fund baby when I was younger, but I really didn't consider that earning a paycheck.
Wait. What? Sorry I just woke up "yawn"... Having more money is having more money... what difference does it make where it came from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships