Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 03:40 PM

7 posts, read 6,678 times

Advertisements

Guys who are looking for that special woman in their lives need to know that, in this day and age, it is very strictly the womens' job to ask the guys out first.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:42 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Wrong. It is the guy's job to ask out the woman, but he better ask the right woman. If the woman didn't already want you to ask her out she may go all metoo on your ass.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:42 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Well with the whole Harvey Weinstein and Hollywood culture burning to the ground along with politicians getting called out every other day... I can see a day when some men are hesitant to engage in this type of conversations out of fear.

In fact there may be room for some app with a legal contract showing conscent sign-off for sex before initiation.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Either can do it.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:48 PM

1,178 posts, read 685,461 times
Oh really.

Old 02-11-2018, 04:24 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
I don't see that happening. I think either can do it, but men will still overwhelmingly do it for the foreseeable future.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:11 PM

7 posts, read 6,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Wrong. It is the guy's job to ask out the woman, but he better ask the right woman. If the woman didn't already want you to ask her out she may go all metoo on your ass.
If it's the man's job to ask her out then the man better have all of the following;

-Huge, luxury McMansion in a gated community; he better have a castle! It better be at least 5 stories or bigger on 75 or more acres of land. It better be complete with all of the following amenities; Luxury home movie theater, tennis courts, a fruit orchard, bowling alley, game room/arcade, high ceilings, huge kitchen with every single cooking, refrigeration, and freezing appliance in the world, a heated, Olympic sized indoor swimming pool, a couple of waterfalls, a fountain, a few hot tubs and Jacuzzis, long narrow parallel outdoor heated swimming pools, a couple of water slides, a glass atrium, an elevator, escalators, a 15-car or larger garage, deep, rich golden spires and/or golden facades, powerful central air conditioning and heating, and it better be even more luxurious than a Tiger Woods mansion.

-Big, expensive, souped up luxury sports car, preferably a McLaren or Ferrari. Deep, rich gold exterior with silver trim, or iridescent exterior with gold trim, gold and silver interiors, doors that raise upwards when opened, V-20 or bigger engine with high torque, remote control starting and locking, zero to 100 mph in no more than 3 seconds, top speed of 300, it better go airborne when going over a bridge.

-Luxury RV with gold or iridescent exterior with gold or silver trim, rich gold and silver interiors, luxury king size beds, a kitchen, capable of going 1,000+ miles before the need to refuel, it better be capable of navigating all types of terrain.

-Luxury stretch limousine with rich iridescent exterior with gold trim. Complete with a space themed interior.

-Luxury stretch limousine with a party themed interior.

-Luxury cabin cruiser capable of circling the Earth. Complete with king size beds, massive, spacious interiors with glassed in rooms, swimming pool, hot tub, water slide, and satellite television.

-At least an 8 or 9 figure or higher annual income.

-Basically, if a man is to ask a woman out, he better be physically and financially ready to give her the entire world on a sparkling gold platter.

Also, it is ILLEGAL under Federal law in the United States for a man to make a first move with a woman!

Last edited by plastic1; 02-11-2018 at 05:20 PM..

Old 02-11-2018, 05:17 PM

777 posts, read 452,614 times
Methinks OP is a little bitter.

Money wasn't and isn't a priority for me. I have enough of my own. What is important is that a man is responsible and pays his bills, and doesn't seek to take advantage of my generosity. That's all.

My SO asked me out first. He picks up the check on most routine outings. I tend to pick up the check if we're on an outing for my benefit, or if it's something I really want to do. But we have a lot of quiet evenings at home too - where the focus is on the pleasure of each other's company.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:18 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Cool.

Run with that and get back to us!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-11-2018, 05:27 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times
Seems like women drop the first hints, but men do the asking out. Some hints that I've noticed from women are.....

1 "You have a really nice smile"
2 "OMG, you are soooo tall compared to me"
3 "Wow, you must really enjoy working out"
4 "You really have nice skin for your age"
5 "Boy you need to stop, that's so funny"

Some hints are less subtle...

6 "Do you have any single brothers"
7 "If you're married, your wife is really lucky"
8 "Maybe we could hang out sometime after work"
9 "I wish my kid had a dad like you"
10 "Would you care to join me at church this Sunday"

Either myself or guys that I've known have heard all of these hints from girls that were in fact interested. There are several other hints that often go way over a guy's head. In my opinion, the first hint is given by women in most cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships