Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 02:43 AM

51 posts, read 80,324 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I get so hopeless that I'll never find a good boyfriend. It leads me into the arms of bad men because they're the only ones who are willing to accept me.

At what age should I give into the desperation and settle for a crappy guy, or just go to a sperm bank? Please don't say "never". I want to have children and start a family so ideally I'll have to be at a childbearing age. I was thinking maybe 26-28 is the right age to give up completely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 05:36 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0kengirl View Post
Sometimes I get so hopeless that I'll never find a good boyfriend. It leads me into the arms of bad men because they're the only ones who are willing to accept me.

At what age should I give into the desperation and settle for a crappy guy, or just go to a sperm bank? Please don't say "never". I want to have children and start a family so ideally I'll have to be at a childbearing age. I was thinking maybe 26-28 is the right age to give up completely.
Yeah. Do that.

Old 10-02-2017, 06:02 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
They have the answers at the student health clinic at your school. Call there today to schedule an appointment to talk to a counselor about these feelings of lack that you're having.

If you continue to post without actually trying to do something about it, then we all will know you're just looking for attention and affirmation and not really interested in feeling better.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:17 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,201 times
My grandmother found a boyfriend at age 85.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:18 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Aren't you afraid your internet boyfriend who's been blackmailing you and making your life hell is going to answer that ad you have posted above, looking for a boyfriend on the internet?

Old 10-02-2017, 07:30 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,191,390 times
Well, what do you think is wrong with you? I mean, what do you think your problem is?

Old 10-02-2017, 07:31 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
What you need to do, bro, is to see a Dr and get on some meds.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:48 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Aren't you afraid your internet boyfriend who's been blackmailing you and making your life hell is going to answer that ad you have posted above, looking for a boyfriend on the internet?
Yeah, that sad ad says it all, unfortunately.

OP, a boyfriend cannot "cure" you. All you're doing is setting yourself up to be victimized AGAIN by offering yourself as prey to manipulative users who will see you as the perfect target.

Call the student health center today. It's free. You have no more excuses. Then once you figure out how to manage your emotions, you will no longer be a "broken girl" looking for healing. Because who wants to take that on anyway?

Old 10-02-2017, 07:52 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
There is no "right age." You wanna give up, give up.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:53 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,578,471 times
Look at it this way, have you volunteer to do something to help out the community? If not, how about start from there, and you might end up with the right guy. If you don't want to contribute to the society and simply looking for the best, then you might never get it. On top of that, appreciate what you have in life. If people treat you right, don't take them for granted, appreciate what they did for you and feel bless for just having them in your life.

I am not saying you didn't do anything to contribute to the society, instead, I'm trying to get to the bottom of it as to why you always landed on a wrong guy. Sometime when you try to help out others, in return, you will get something amazing out of it. In terms of age, that really all depends on your own perception. Even if you go to the sperm bank and get pregnant and have a kid, how can you even be sure the baby is not going to give you more problem instead of a happy family.

In order to find happiness, you have to satisfy of what you have. I know this respond is more than what you are asking, which is simply the questions of what age should give up on looking for a boyfriend, but I want you to know that sometime the problem is within yourself, not the situation or circumstance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships