Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2018, 03:44 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
Honestly man, I don't think this is why you're getting rejected and having trouble. It probably has to do with your looks and height.

The harsh truth is that nothing will help you with women if you don't meet a certain looks/height threshold. You could be the funniest, most positive guy on the planet and these things won't help.

For some reason, people don't want to be honest about this. I'm not sure why, but it's the truth. As men, it's important that we seek truth over a false feelings boost.
I was thinking about this and let's be honest what you say has a lot of truth.

However, flat out telling someone they're ugly and unattractive to the opposite sex is rude. People usually sugarcoat it so they don't offend anyone.

As a man, who wears glasses and slightly on the nerd side with nerdy interests who also likes sports. There's no way I'm going to get a date with a popular blonde cheerleader with blue eyes and a nice body.

Some people will "you can't win if you don't try" to an extent that's true but me personally I play to my strengths, not weaknesses.

I date nerds cause I'm one, I date introverts cause I'm one. I stay in my lane and never approach a woman I deem outside my league. Saves me a ton of embarrassment and time and it works for me so I don't need to change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 05:02 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
...any advice on how to try to get over her?
Time ... and NO contact.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:17 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Time ... and NO contact.
But I don't want her to feel like I was using her just in hopes to get with her I truly do lover her as a friend..we're pretty close..But I agree I do need some time away..

Old 03-20-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
But I don't want her to feel like I was using her just in hopes to get with her I truly do lover her as a friend..we're pretty close..But I agree I do need some time away..
You can't have both, as you now know. If you continue to see her, you will just delay the "getting over" part.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:41 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Remember that your feelings were not something she cared about protecting too much. It's OK to be a little selfish now and do what's best for YOU. Who knows. A little self-care could put you on the road to having a fulfilling relationship with yourself. Guys who like themselves and feel pride in how they carry themselves in the world are more likely to succeed in the way you want to succeed.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Guys who like themselves and feel pride in how they carry themselves in the world are more likely to succeed in the way you want to succeed.
Yep.

Being worried about pleasing her shouldn't be your main priority. She was never really worried about pleasing you, OP.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:31 PM

424 posts, read 236,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
The thing is, how can anybody NOT see this?

Look around, people! LOL!

You literally have to be wearing blinders to be able to even loosely fantasize that only handsome, tall guys get dates, get married. Get laid. Get...it all. Seriously. You can not miss this fact just by looking around. Look the next time you're walking around basically...anywhere. Look at work. At family gatherings. Your friends...

I mean...I don't get how people can literally NOT SEE this, every single place they go. Non-gorgeous and yes, short (gasp!) guys with women.
Typically not attractive women.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
He is envious because you have gotten further than him in the romance department. See, there is always someone in worse condition than yourself. Keep trying JBT.
LOL I've gotten rejected and friendzoned before, which is exactly where OP is right now. Definitely not a position to aspire to.

I've also had sex and relationships with attractive women, which OP has not had.

You do realize that you're hurting him more by lying to him, right? Again, I don't understand why so many women want to keep the secret of the insane shallowness of women. It gives guys like OP false hope. It's better if he just accepts his situation and moves on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I was thinking about this and let's be honest what you say has a lot of truth.

However, flat out telling someone they're ugly and unattractive to the opposite sex is rude. People usually sugarcoat it so they don't offend anyone.

As a man, who wears glasses and slightly on the nerd side with nerdy interests who also likes sports. There's no way I'm going to get a date with a popular blonde cheerleader with blue eyes and a nice body.

Some people will "you can't win if you don't try" to an extent that's true but me personally I play to my strengths, not weaknesses.

I date nerds cause I'm one, I date introverts cause I'm one. I stay in my lane and never approach a woman I deem outside my league. Saves me a ton of embarrassment and time and it works for me so I don't need to change.
I don't think there's anything wrong with chasing girls out of your league, but you will need to know how to play the game to successfully do this. I used to do it. It's a lot of work, but it can work.

Another option is to go abroad. By nature, women are hypergamous. If you go to a third world country, you will be seen as being of higher status than many of the locals. So you will be more attractive to more attractive women. Of course, if you leave the country with the girl and bring her home, you'll probably be screwed because there will be men of much higher sexual market value in your home country than these other countries.

I realize I went off on a bit of a tangent, but my point is that dating out of your league is definitely possible (and possibly worth it), but requires time and effort.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
He is envious because you have gotten further than him in the romance department. See, there is always someone in worse condition than yourself. Keep trying JBT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post

You do realize that you're hurting him more by lying to him, right? Again, I don't understand why so many women want to keep the secret of the insane shallowness of women. It gives guys like OP false hope. It's better if he just accepts his situation and moves on.

... my point is that dating out of your league is definitely possible...
SO ... zen shouldn't "lie" to him, but it's ok if YOU do it?

Old 03-20-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
SO ... zen shouldn't "lie" to him, but it's ok if YOU do it?
What do you think I'm lying to him about?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if a guy wants to date a reasonably attractive girl, he needs to be a certain level of looks and height AND she cannot have any other better options.

And that's just getting your foot in the door to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships