Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 08:31 PM

86 posts, read 46,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
You need therapy. Its like you had no life until the scar came along, and now despite what is said to you, your life revolves around that scar.

You seem to be approaching everything as if you are rejected before even asking, and its all that scars fault.
I've been physically unattractive all my life.
I asked out many women before the car accident that scared me for life; with the same result.

Before my car accident in 2016 I was probably a 1.5 or a 2 out of 10.

After the accident I am now probably a (negative)--8 or --9 . This is why I am asking if it is even worth it to pursue a romantic relationship with these kind of odds.....

Old 03-04-2018, 08:40 PM

622 posts, read 396,209 times
I'm sorry about your misfortune, but please don't give up on love. Make yourself the best person you can be, then be the best friend you can be. A man who makes a woman feel safe and happy starts looking pretty darned good after awhile.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:46 PM

10 posts, read 5,655 times
The OP started a very similar thread about 10 days ago. It got closed by the moderator after 8 pages of replies. I only read the first and last posts in the closed thread, but there was a comment about the OP stalking some high school girl.

Closed thread: Advice for those w/out options?

Personally, I think he's trolling with all this castration talk.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzles View Post
Personally, I think he's trolling with all this castration talk.
Let me ask you something.........

How would you feel if you were not only a mature aged virgin, but had never had even one girl express any romantic interest in you?

I bet, you'd be talking about castration too.......

Old 03-04-2018, 09:26 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKearns21 View Post
Let me ask you something.........

How would you feel if you were not only a mature aged virgin, but had never had even one girl express any romantic interest in you?

I bet, you'd be talking about castration too.......
Let me get this straight... you have a scar so you’re thinking about cutting off your junk?

First off that makes no logical sense it’s be like having a fear of heights and wanting to go for a hot air balloon ride. Secondly a scar is not disfigurement. There are thousands of soldiers returning from Iraq missing limbs and permanently disfigured yet somehow have a family or functioning sex life.

I’d suggest seeking counseling as your issue is in your mind.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
There are thousands of soldiers returning from Iraq missing limbs and permanently disfigured yet somehow have a family or functioning sex life.

Yes, but I bet they were physically attractive before they went to Iraq........

The stories I have heard are of formerly physically attractive veterans returning home to their spouse much less physically attractive after terrible accidents.

Of course this is the same philosophy as the elderly retaining attraction to one another due to their relationship being solidified by the fact that they were once physically attractive when they young/first met;

I have heard senior citizens recall remember the "handsome man" they met, 50-60 years earlier--So I suppose the wives of disfigured veterans have a similar thought process when being intimate.

Unfortunately, I have always been unattractive even before the accident. Recall, Before my car accident I was objectively probably a 1.5 or a 2 out of 10. Now after the accident, I am now probably a (negative)--8 or --9......(being generous).

Old 03-04-2018, 09:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
OP, you first have to be yourself. and you have to be honest with yourself. on top of that you have to develop confidence in yourself. what ever job you are doing now, it doesnt matter, be the best at that job that you can be.

next you have to develop a thick skin, and be able to laugh at yourself. for instance i am not exactly svelte, in fact you could say i am rather large. i tell people i used to have a job out at the airport kick starting 747s. i tell them when i sit around the house, i literally sit AROUND the house. if you can make people laugh, it goes a long way to getting people on your side and opening up to you.

when it comes to dealing with women, once again you have to be yourself, and you need to be charming. once again with women, if you get them laughing, and keep them off balance, you will intrigue them, often times enough to at least date you once. show you are attentive to their needs, and wants, but dont go overboard either, and you can get them to date you more than once.

you have to treat people the way YOU want to be treated. if you want people to be nice to you, to accept you, you have to treat them the same way. one more thing, you cant let your disfigurement get in the way. if someone asks about it make a joke. if someone insults you over it, make a joke about them. for instance i had someone insult me for being overweight, i told him i am sorry i am not a self absorbed skinny butt waif with no brains.

Old 03-05-2018, 01:41 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKearns21 View Post
Welcome to my life, mate. I would consider paying a paying a professional, which I now do frequently and will continue doing until I'm 85 and toothless. There's no shame in it, only in the attitude you bring with you.

I am strongly averse to dating and regularly feel thankful for the wheelchair that deals me out of the game. I don't expect romantic interest from anyone, and I'd be deeply suspicious of a person who offered it.

Old 03-05-2018, 01:50 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Why do you think a new thread will give you any different responses than your last one did?
Just want to moan and groan? Start a journal.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
How about just asking, "Hey, you want to go out sometime?" Pretend you are normal.

Yes, this is how I've approached it in each instance. I've always had a casual "no-strings attached" approach.......yet no success

Hard to "pretend to be normal" when it is obvious I am not.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships