Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 07:29 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachhtea View Post
No, there is no way I'd really be able to support myself. That's unthinkable. I'd have to move to a house-share and live in a bedroom. I'm sure my rent would be at least £500 per month (higher than I pay now). Its unthinkable really. The future is also quite unthinkable, how am I ever going to afford to buy a place or have children? There's things i've wanted to buy for months but haven't been able to (like getting my shoes re-soled) I CAN REALLY see why my boyfriend wants to me get a new job, I really want us to have a future too, but I'm just so happy in the moment and love working from home and the work I do... I don't really want all of this to go away....

but still i can't keep struggling, me and my boyfriends relationship is getting very tense, as well as money struggles etc
Okay, I’m done with this one. I gave you the benefit of the doubt on your first post, but you are clearly just being “inventive” here.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:29 AM

130,332 posts, read 12,105,905 times
money problems have ended many relationships. You will have to decide which you want more, a reliable income & the bf, or try & make it by yourself with the erratic payments.

I do not think it is fair to expect him to pay the rent etc on time every month & wait for you to reimburse him. If you cannot even afford to get your shoes soled, the job is not worth it.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:30 AM

14 posts, read 6,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
Your boyfriend may have a point. If you share expenses, you need to pay your share reliably. You wouldn’t be able to maintain yourself apart from him because no landlord would put up with not getting the rent on time—not for very long, anyway.

Time to “adult” and get a job with regular pay. It would be one thing if he didn’t mind footing the bills until your boss got around to paying you eventually, but he doesn’t seem to be in a position to do that.
I don't really understand this though, my boyfriend is in a position to pay the rent until my boss pays me. My boyfriend gets paid more than double my salary and is always paid on time.

I think my boyfriends just tired of doing this, and wants for things to be more even between us. I also too would feel better about myself if our monthly expenses were split 50/50.

Still, i know i can't stop saying this but i'm really content right now. the only thing that sucks is me not being paid on time.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
money problems have ended many relationships. You will have to decide which you want more, a reliable income & the bf, or try & make it by yourself with the erratic payments.

I do not think it is fair to expect him to pay the rent etc on time every month & wait for you to reimburse him. If you cannot even afford to get your shoes soled, the job is not worth it.
The only thing that's worth it to me really is working from home. I mean I've never had this opportunity before and I'm scared I won't be able to get it again.

i don't ever want a life without my boyfriend, that's unthinkable.

Thank you to everybody for your feedback.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:32 AM

29,518 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
get a new boyfriend and a new job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusano View Post
your boyfriend may have a point. If you share expenses, you need to pay your share reliably. You wouldn’t be able to maintain yourself apart from him because no landlord would put up with not getting the rent on time—not for very long, anyway.

Time to “adult” and get a job with regular pay. It would be one thing if he didn’t mind footing the bills until your boss got around to paying you eventually, but he doesn’t seem to be in a position to do that.
+5000

Old 04-12-2018, 07:33 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
I don't really understand this though, my boyfriend is in a position to pay the rent until my boss pays me. My boyfriend gets paid more than double my salary and is always paid on time.

I think my boyfriends just tired of doing this, and wants for things to be more even between us. I also too would feel better about myself if our monthly expenses were split 50/50.

Still, i know i can't stop saying this but i'm really content right now. the only thing that sucks is me not being paid on time.

You are leaching off of him. Seriously.
Grow up and join the real world. The happiness you want is an earned privilege.

Poor dude.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:36 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
i don't ever want a life without my boyfriend, that's unthinkable.
Come on.

This ^^ is your problem. You don't think right.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:37 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
A lot of us would like to live without a lot of responsibilities, but we grow up.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:39 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,558 times
Sorry, but I am on your boyfriend's side. I don't blame him one bit for being annoyed.

He's been patient for much longer than I would have been. You can't really support yourself without him, that should worry you. You need to be able to take care of yourself and be on your own.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
Sorry, but I am on your boyfriend's side. I don't blame him one bit for being annoyed.

He's been patient for much longer than I would have been. You can't really support yourself without him, that should worry you. You need to be able to take care of yourself and be on your own.
Yes, I know that there's no chance in hell i could support myself with THIS job, without him.

Also, were going on holiday on Sunday - a 10 DAY HOLIDAY IN SPAIN.

My boyfriend paid all expenses - flights, hotel, airport transfer, things to take (suncream, hair removal cream for me etc).

I'm nervous and apprehensive about the holiday. I know that my boyfriend will be footing the bill for everything as I'm still waiting to get paid. I'm stressed and worried about potential arguments/problems. I quite honestly wouldn't go if it wasn't for him... i probably actually wouldn't be able to go as i'd have no money for food or airport transfers.

I haven't been able to buy myself any new clothes or anything i need for the holiday (let alone the baggage allowance so I can take my suitcase on the plane). I can't ask my boyfriend to pay for anything else so i'll probably take my rucksack instead or something...

Also, I have no money in my bank account so i'm travelling with NO money £0.00. This is not the first time I've travelled with no money - a few months ago, we went to bulgaria for his sisters wedding and i had only £50 in my bank account.

it makes me feel so crap and terrible - like i'm very undesirable as a person to travel with. i have no money to back myself up or back my boyfriend up, should anything go wrong, i have no money to treat myself, i literally have no freedom with no money and travelling/holidaying should definitely not feel like this - its unnerving to say the least
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships