Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 04:59 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Because there was no joke or punchline..

You don't think people especially women would be a lot more angry if it was about fat women or women with A cups?
Actually there are quite a few women that were speaking up on the behalf of men. I don't take memes seriously. I don't engage in or perpetuate those stereotypes. I think body shaming of any kind is wrong. The 23,000 that liked it, is a small percentage of that page's following, so everybody doesn't feel this way. Yes it is body shaming, but what can you do about it, besides what I mentioned I do above? We all know it's not right to judge people based on their appearance.

You can choose to educate people, but 9 times out of 10, they're not going to listen and do what they want to do. Does that make it right? No. All people can do is have discussions, not perpetuate it, and keep it moving. Don't allow yourself to get so worked up over this kind of stuff, it'll only hurt you in the end.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:02 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:

You don't think people especially women would be a lot more angry if it was about fat women or women with A cups?
Yeah, because those ^ don't exist by the thousands.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:06 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yeah, because those ^ don't exist by the thousands.
Of course they do but a lot of women who took part in responding and liking would lose their **** if it was the other way around.

You got the whole anti body shaming women campaign and how women of all shapes and sizes are beautiful thing going you'd think they'd be a little more sensitive to doing it themselves.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Of course they do but a lot of women who took part in responding and liking would lose their **** if it was the other way around.
How do you know? Did you ask them?

If you're mad at them, why don't you speak to them? Why ask us here to be upset? We didn't even see it and most of us don't stalk social media looking for this stuff anyway.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:12 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:

You got the whole anti body shaming women campaign and how women of all shapes and sizes are beautiful thing going you'd think they'd be a little more sensitive to doing it themselves.
I'm not sure that I understand where your anger is directed--is it at women for not taking up the mantle of short guys? Is it at short guys for not speaking up for themselves? It's masochistic of you to troll social media to look for reasons to be offended because of your height.

Frankly, the women who would be upset about body shaming wouldn't be on or aware of the instagram account of a mean girl. Women aren't a hive mind. Some women are jerks, some stand up to jerks.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
How do you know? Did you ask them?

If you're mad at them, why don't you speak to them? Why ask us here to be upset? We didn't even see it and most of us don't stalk social media looking for this stuff anyway.
I wasn't "stalking" social media i was looking at instagram and saw it posted by somebody who follows the account.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
I wasn't "stalking" social media i was looking at instagram and saw it posted by somebody who follows the account.
Okay, so again, especially since this was just found at a casual glance how do you know these "same" women would lose their stuff over female body shaming?

I guess what I'm saying is, why go out of your way to make assumptions about huge groups of people and get angry at them? And what did you want us to say about it? There is shaming of every single possible description on social media. Pick your poison. If you are angry at THEM reposting to THEM is what to do. We here have nothing to do with any of it. If this is "your" cause then go for it, start a campaign. "Body acceptance" women did, amid literally decades of cruel, horrific jeering I assure you. None of that started out easy. Women have been shamed for imperfect bodies since forever.

If this height thing is an issue for you then don't anonymously post on some board, and expect everyone to just do your campaigning for you. Nobody can scream and sob over every single possible injustice on SM, day in and day out....We'd fall apart. We all have our own fish to fry. If male height is your thing then go do something about male height shaming. Take a stand. Go for it. Anyone else who seeks change has to do exactly t hat.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Okay, so again, especially since this was just found at a casual glance how do you know these "same" women would lose their stuff over female body shaming?

I guess what I'm saying is, why go out of your way to make assumptions about huge groups of people and get angry at them? And what did you want us to say about it? There is shaming of every single possible description on social media. Pick your poison. If you are angry at THEM reposting to THEM is what to do. We here have nothing to do with any of it. If this is "your" cause then go for it, start a campaign. "Body acceptance" women did, amid literally decades of cruel, horrific jeering I assure you. None of that started out easy. Women have been shamed for imperfect bodies since forever.

If this height thing is an issue for you then don't anonymously post on some board, and expect everyone to just do your campaigning for you. Nobody can scream and sob over every single possible injustice on SM, day in and day out....We'd fall apart. We all have our own fish to fry. If male height is your thing then go do something about male height shaming. Take a stand. Go for it. Anyone else who seeks change has to do exactly t hat.
I just think it's alarming how many likes it got and how many women out there hate
somebody because of how they look

I also think people get a lot more sensitive and up in arms when men do it as opposed to women.

Old 04-15-2018, 06:44 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:

Oh who the hell cares. Intelligent people would never dream of wasting their time thinking about **** like this.

Why do you let the idiots of the world make you feel bad? LOG OFF.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:02 PM

477 posts, read 276,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Women aren't a hive mind.
*Joke* You could've fooled me during the #MeToo craze a few months ago *Joke*

The heightism IS real though... and there is a huge double standard as to what is acceptable to claim as "appropriate preference" depending on the gender and sexual orientation of the person with the grievance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships