Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 06:54 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz57 View Post
No we buy drinks separately when were all together. My husband picked up the tab for food a few times She gave him a reference for a job twice, so I think he owes her something. Driving me a bit crazy Dont know if she is trying to get a job from him, cause she doesnt like her job My husband now in different position Or she is very needy or what But I will take your advice
Happy hours are usually weekdays.

Look at the credit card statements and see if he spends as much or more by himself as when with you. Maybe they split the checks when you spouses are there and he treats her when you aren't.

Or maybe she's just a party animal looking for anyone willing to hang out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 06:55 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Quote:
Hello Just trying to figure this out. My husband has a former female coworker that always wants to go to happy hour almost every weekend They like craft beer, sometimes includes me and her husband. They seem like nice people They are about 15- 20 yrs younger than us They have 2 younger children. Our children are grown These people like to drink. Sometimes my husband goes without me Im getting a liitle burnt out on that every weekend thing. He says he wants me there, but this is getting to be too much I would like my husband with me Im I asking too much? thanks
He wants you to go have two craft beers on a Friday for an hour? I really don’t think that is too much. If the coworkers seem fine that I’m sure you can trust your husband.

Old 05-10-2018, 07:01 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
So in the "PRO" column we have the fact that he is including you, or trying to.

In the "CON" column is the fact that he is brushing off your attempts to take a break from happy hour every once in a while and that he says he CAN'T say no.

Old 05-10-2018, 07:07 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Every single weekend sounds excessive. Can your husband just cheerfully text back "How about next week?" When she asks for this weekend? No explanation necessary and he is actually giving a yes to going out. But is stretching things out to every couple weeks or even every third week.

If she demands an explanation he can just cheerfully say "Oh, that weekend just works better for us."

These people sound really needy or possibly lonely but you know...if they don't have any other friends to go out with, it might just be because they're overly pushy and clueless. Just a thought.

Old 05-10-2018, 07:23 PM

73 posts, read 72,321 times
Yea the craft beers sometime stretch from 2 to almost 5 hrs You all have good advice, I cant check his cards they are all online with passwords We dont have a lot of friends either, but I think they do Looking for drinking buddies I think All these new breweries popping up they are heavy into it. Thanks to all I will try Sometimes I feel Im competing with her she is one initiating it

Last edited by paz57; 05-10-2018 at 07:46 PM..

Old 05-10-2018, 08:07 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Perhaps you should invite your husband on a different kind of date? I’d get pretty bored with the same routine. Maybe you should make different plans together every other week or or.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:35 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Quote:
Yea the craft beers sometime stretch from 2 to almost 5 hrs You all have good advice, I cant check his cards they are all online with passwords We dont have a lot of friends either, but I think they do Looking for drinking buddies I think All these new breweries popping up they are heavy into it. Thanks to all I will try Sometimes I feel Im competing with her she is one initiating it
Oh geez yeah that changes my perspective I think that is a bit excessive. I enjoy going for happy hour a few fridays a month with coworkers. But we’re talking 2 drink max and an hour then off too the weekend with family. I think it’s worth a discussion with him and maybe cut it back to 1-2 Friday’s per month.

Old 05-11-2018, 07:32 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
Sounds like setting you up to see if you are swingers.

Old 05-11-2018, 07:49 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
I cant check his cards they are all online with passwords
That's a bigger issue imo, you should have full access to family finances.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:00 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
That's a bigger issue imo, you should have full access to family finances.
Yeah, that's a little alarming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships