Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 07:07 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times

Advertisements

If my SO had a problem with me taking trips without him, I'd leave him after I stopped laughing. Insecurity is not a good look on a man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 07:49 AM

1,178 posts, read 685,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Grown ups should be able to do things and go places independently. My daughter is in Italy with 3 girlfriends right now. Last summer, her husband took their son and some friends to Europe. They have been married for 20+ years though.

I think the OP is in a new relationship and doesn’t understand why the girlfriend would rather be with others instead of him. He is right to feel uneasy about that. It sounds like she’s not that into him.
Heaven forbid she has other girlfriends.

Geez. It is not like she is takinga trip with another dude.

He nees to chill out!

Old 06-18-2018, 07:55 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
I'm curious what these people do that they could take 2 weeks every 3 months to be together, and now she's taking a 10 day trip and plans to take more, frequently.

And I'm curious about why you care, OP.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:56 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankhead View Post
Not a trip (singular), but trips (plural).
Whats the difference? Whether its one trip or 100 trips, its the attitude, not the amount of trips, thats important here.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:02 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,201 times
Seems like everyone is missing the most important aspect of the original post. Forget the trip - that's just noise.

The most important issue is that the two of them are about to move in together. There was an agreement and plans made. Now, the week before the move-in happens, suddenly there is a new requirement.

There's your red flag. The trip(s) and new requirement are simply a signal telling the guy moving in that this may not be the best idea.

He should listen to what she is telling him.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:38 AM

888 posts, read 555,643 times
They should break up. Not because she is going on girls trips, but because he is so jealous and not ok with it. I go on girls trips, even to Vegas, with just friends. I'm married. Before I was married, I dated men like this, who weren't ok with it. I broke up with them. No way was I going to justify going away with friends for the rest of my life. These two are not a match. My husband and I BOTH take trips separately, him with the guys and me with the girls. There is nothing wrong with doing this. He sounds needy and whiny and insecure. He needs to go find someone who wants to be joined at the hip 24/7. I will never for the life of me understand what the big deal is doing things, even trips, separately. If you trust someone, trust them, if you don't, don't be with them.

What is so silly is they will probably stay together, and continue fighting about this for years, when they should just not be together.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:41 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
I don't know that there is enough relevant information here to form a reasonable opinion, either way. Neither of the two of them look good, as a result. He looks controlling; she looks like she is pulling away, at best.

Honestly, this looks like the makings of a very bad idea (him moving in with her). The first priority he should have is making sure he has his life in order (where he is going to work and live). As they have been apart as much as they have, the better idea would be for him to find a place of his own and THEN see if there is anything between the two of them.
The first 'girl time' trip is over 6 months away. Sometime around Christmas...and not even set in stone. Meanwhile your friend and girlfriend HAVE a cruise planned, which he's considering cancelling.

I really don't see how any of this is on the girlfriend. They're SUPPOSED to be going on a romantic cruise together in the next what? 2 or 3 weeks? And HE wants to cancel it? Sorry, but I think HE'S being very immature about it.

AND what does he plan to do about his job situation and where he's going to live? Seems like, to me, HE'S the one getting cold feet.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:41 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
I sounds like this couple has met less than a dozen times. He's trying to control her because he is needy and desperate. I bet she thinks she is in an entirely different relationship than he does.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:05 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times
Yeah, go ahead and cancel everything OP. You're too insecure and controlling, and you already made one of her friends feel excluded on the other trip.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:02 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Your friend's behavior is precisely one of my reasons for avoiding "being in a relationship" like the plague.

My life and my time are my life and my time, and neither one belongs to anyone else. If I want to pick up and go somewhere on a whim I don't have to answer to anyone, or deal with a flurry of desperate texts/phone calls/voice mails from some idiot man-child who can't stand it that I am an independent woman who owns her own life and wants some alone time every so often. - And that's what your friend's girlfriend needs to say to him, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships