Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 12:49 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,741,099 times

Advertisements

And she just stared and didn't say a thing. Very awkward lol. I know that she's 35 and has been single since forever. I would think a typical "awww.that's sweet" comment might have been in order, but her complete silence to that comment was just plane strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 01:00 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Because that is weird, depending on your previous interactions. That comment sounds like one with intent and she is not interested.

Maybe if you want to comment on your friend’s appearance, you might want to keep it context specific other than general, unless you are trying to hit on her. So were you trying to hit on her? Because you sound like you wanted her to declare some sort of interest in you.

Also, what exactly did you say? For example, you look hot today is completely different than you are hot.

So why did you say it?

Old 05-28-2018, 01:10 PM

3,302 posts, read 3,029,470 times
I wonder if instead of "sweet" you meant to write "creepy and arrogant." Because that makes more sense when someone a woman thought was a friend talks like he thinks she's a piece of meat that's been in the display case too long.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
I'm curious, also, what you said.

If you said it conversationally, like, she was telling you this cute little girl on the plane wanted to be like her when she grew up, and you said oh how cute, I'm sure she does, you're very pretty.

Or did you just stare at her and say "you're pretty", which is incredibly awkward.

Or did you do worse, if she mentioned being single or OLD, you said well not everybody would say this, but I think you're pretty.

Context is everything, santafe, and the skill of staring at someone wordlessly is a good tool to have in your kit.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:23 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,741,099 times
Such is being a guy in 2018. Anything you say to a women if she's not attracted to you makes you a creep. Say the same thing to a chick who thinks you look like Brad Pit and she's in love.

Anyway the comment was in reference to her social media postings where she always says (or jokes) that she's ugly and can't seem to meet guys who are interested in her. But yes, I do think she is quite attractive.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:28 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,084,030 times
Maybe you just gave her a deer in the headlights moment. I have those all the time, lol. Somebody says something I wasn't expecting, and my brain just cant process it, or where it is coming from or if the person is saying it because they mean it, or are they trying to make fun of me...you get the idea. Just 0.0

Old 05-28-2018, 01:29 PM

61,736 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
And she just stared and didn't say a thing. Very awkward lol. I know that she's 35 and has been single since forever. I would think a typical "awww.that's sweet" comment might have been in order, but her complete silence to that comment was just plane strange.
Was her reply mandatory? Is that now a red flag?

Old 05-28-2018, 01:31 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Such is being a guy in 2018. Anything you say to a women if she's not attracted to you makes you a creep. Say the same thing to a chick who thinks you look like Brad Pit and she's in love.
If there is already an attraction there, Brad Pitt looks or not, yes, she may be flattered. May. "Hot" needs the right circumstances to be appealing, though, because the idea of sex is behind it. It's not like just saying "I think you're pretty."

If she is not into you and you push ahead anyway with a horny comment, you are intrusive. This just goes without saying.

Stop watching YT videos about how "some" guys can say anything and get away with it. Even for the percentage for whom this is true - it is a SMALL one and this is both men and women - it is ridiculous to WANT to be socially inappropriate in order to prove something to yourself.

Let's not do the "creep" discussion yet again, ugh. No is no, move along to someone else and don't try to slip little comments in, yes, this goes for women as well as men, happy Memorial Day.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:33 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times
you put yourself and your feelings out their and expected a reaction as a result.
It sucks, but you should never expect anything from anyone when doing this.

I wouldn’t personally respond to anyone’s self loathing attention gets on social media. It’s a trap to begin with.

It’s probably not a great idea to have a discussion here based on gender unless it’s soley dwells in female concerns FYI.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:38 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,458,443 times
Quote:

Anyway the comment was in reference to her social media postings where she always says (or jokes) that she's ugly and can't seem to meet guys who are interested in her. But yes, I do think she is quite attractive.
You appear to be making your “compliment” all about you. Your attitude says it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships