Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 05:46 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times

Advertisements

OP do you smoke weed? I have a friend who might be considered an incel except that he isn't all bitter towards women about it. His only sex that anyone knows about is his trips to Amsterdam he takes every 5 years or so where he gets stoned off his ass and bangs hookers the whole time. It seems to be enough to keep him level headed during the time between trips. You might want to try the same.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:47 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
This is brutal. This is why I don’t really post here anymore. The obsession with being masculine enough is getting out of control when we’re at the point where we need to have so many sex partners before we can buy a Harley. Do we need to look like Paul Bunyan or the Brawny man to be masculine enough? I can’t believe some of the stuff I read here.

Why don’t you just worry about being yourself?

Seriously. Trucks? Masculinity? Seriously. What the heck is this stuff to worry about. If you want a truck, get a truck. You want to date, go date. Simple enough.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:54 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
I think the last night I visited her at her appartment, we were drinking and I must have been whining about my small prick size
Man...just...Don't ever do that. Just don't.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:15 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
I think the OP would benefit from normal dating and worry less about his “masculinity.” Women are always looking for someone who has the potential to be a good partner, someone who is fun to hang out with, a guy who doesn’t mind giving her a hand with heavy objects or who will climb a ladder to change a lightbulb.

Anecdotally speaking, most single women I know secretly want a man to help them with something they can’t do alone. That’s masculinity. Are you helpful? Do you know how to buy flowers? Can you open a bottle of wine? Can you dress up occasionally and take a woman dancing or out to dinner? Do you appreciate gardening, antiques, farmers markets? That’s what most women I know are looking for.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:28 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Have you taken ANY of the advice from this thread?

44 and ready for some women in my life

You truly would benefit from therapy, if only your ego would let you consider it.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:36 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
This is brutal. This is why I don’t really post here anymore. The obsession with being masculine enough is getting out of control when we’re at the point where we need to have so many sex partners before we can buy a Harley. Do we need to look like Paul Bunyan or the Brawny man to be masculine enough? I can’t believe some of the stuff I read here.

Why don’t you just worry about being yourself?
Yes.

Mod cut.

And yes.

Mod cut.

And I'll throw in the Marlboro Man for good measure.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-27-2018 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: Copyrighted images. Use links only, please.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:37 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,328,763 times
Wow.

So it sounds like the OP is maybe 40 years old?

Dude, ask some women on dates. When you are on the date, try to enjoy being there with another person. Do not focus on whether/how you are going to get her into the sack. Just go on a blinkin' date. I think most of us who have been married a long time will agree that we went on a lot of dates that did not end in sex, or even the possibility of sex. So what?

Put yourself in places where you can meet women. At your age, many single women are divorced and have kids. So be it. Most any decent size church will have a group for adult singles (church, temple, mosque, whatever...) Join the Sierra Club. There are many other possibilities.

Do you actually like women? I don't mean do you prefer sex with women. Do you like to talk to women, hang out, flirt, and so on?

By the way, the manliest man I ever knew was my stepfather, who never owned a truck or a motorcycle and never grew a beard or mustache in his life.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:41 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Maybe a truck with those big nuts swinging on the end will solve the problem.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:03 AM

972 posts, read 542,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Say there is a real masculine toy that you desire, like a motorcycle or handsome pickup truck (Chevy Colorado).

The problem is, you haven't had much sex, and with very few partners.

Do you see the problem here?

We'll I guess I better end this with a question so that my post has "a point" to it. So, can anybody else relate to me?
No, I can't relate. I had a motorcycle and a few cool cars at times when I could hardly be considered a ladies' man, and I didn't perceive any mismatch. I certainly never caught that vibe from other men. As for any woman who would have thought that I needed to be different in some way in order to "match" my bike or cars, I would have reminded her that I wasn't her Ken doll.

The only problem I see is that you appear to be attaching too much significance to men's experience with women. Don't let that define you. There's no reason why a 40-year-old virgin can't ride the manliest motorcycle on the planet.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:18 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,650 times
OP,

I don't think you've got the definition of masculinity down. It can't be bought, or faked--for a long time anyway. Why don't you try some self-confidence? I'd say that'll increase your masculinity a bit more than toys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships