Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 09:40 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,022,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
I think the problem with the redhead is that, on my profile I specify that I'm a blue collar worker with some college. While she's a lawyer. The reason she's responded to me is because I'm physically attractive but she's hesitant because I'm a carpenter and not someone with degrees and a fancy job. That's my current assessment of the situation. I could be wrong.
You've really got to stop reading into these interactions and take them on face value.

You are assigning all kinds of back stories to these women that may be WAY off base.

One day at a time, and read what is right in front off you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 09:41 AM
RJ_ RJ_ started this thread

743 posts, read 393,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You are assigning all kinds of back stories to these women that may be WAY off base.
What back stories?

Old 07-02-2018, 09:42 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,733,015 times
Quote:
What back stories?
She means you're making a lot of unnecessary and unfair assumptions.

I really don't believe you're ready to date at all.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:44 AM

29,756 posts, read 34,444,246 times
Quote:
What back stories?
That she's been hurt and has trust issues and is hesitant because of your differing education and possibly class issues. She's been giving you one-word answers that most of us think are signaling non-interest, none of which have pointed to deep oceans of melancholy under the surface.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
What back stories?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
She means you're making a lot of unnecessary and unfair assumptions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That she's been hurt and has trust issues and is hesitant because of your differing education and possibly class issues.
Yep.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:45 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,020,723 times
Quote:
That she's been hurt and has trust issues and is hesitant because of your differing education and possibly class issues. She's been giving you one-word answers that most of us think are signaling non-interest, none of which have pointed to deep oceans of melancholy under the surface.

She is screaming at him that she isn't interested. I heard it loud and clear way back.

I just can't understand why the OP has ANY interest in her with these "conversations". It should have been over after a couple of exchanges.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

I just can't understand why the OP has ANY interest in her with these "conversations". It should have been over after a couple of exchanges.
I know. But ...

She's a redhead.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:48 AM

29,756 posts, read 34,444,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Apparently he's got a thing for redheads. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit--JINX!

Old 07-02-2018, 09:49 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,020,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I know. But ...

She's a redhead.
Quote:
Apparently he's got a thing for redheads. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit--JINX!

Ha!

Old 07-02-2018, 09:51 AM
RJ_ RJ_ started this thread

743 posts, read 393,271 times
Here's what I don't get. Why has she responded? It's a dating site, we gets new messages every day. I imagine the women get far more than the men. Am I really to assume that people respond to every message just to be polite? And there has been nothing polite about redhead's interaction with me. Polite would be saying "I'm not interested." She's not being polite.

This will all be resolved soon as I messaged her "If you're not interested you can simply tell me that." I suppose she needed permission to use her manners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships