Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 06:18 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,461,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
His ex-wife was riding the Replacement Guy's jack hammer long before the relationship ended.

Most Women have a back-up option before a long term relationship ends. After all, most Women get approached by Men on the daily basis so they have no shortage of options to keep on the back burner.

As you are a Woman - I am surprised that you are surprised by this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
See? Here we go again, with the cliche image. It's impossible to have an objective discussion, when these erroneous beliefs are peddled as "fact".
The reason that these things get said is because they are most often true. Many ex-wives are riding a replacement guy's jackhammer long before a relationship ends. Infidelity rates are about equal about this point, meaning married women and married men cheat at about the percentages. I would expect that women's infidelity rates will soon exceed men's infidelity rates.

Women are known to have backup options and can usually pretty easily put together back up options. It doesn't matter whether she's an in-shape 40 year divorcee or significantly overweight. She'll have a backup.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:29 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
The reason that these things get said is because they are most often true. Many ex-wives are riding a replacement guy's jackhammer long before a relationship ends. Infidelity rates are about equal about this point, meaning married women and married men cheat at about the percentages. I would expect that women's infidelity rates will soon exceed men's infidelity rates.

Women are known to have backup options and can usually pretty easily put together back up options. It doesn't matter whether she's an in-shape 40 year divorcee or significantly overweight. She'll have a backup.

So do many or even most guys. Sex is easy to find. What's the point? They're talking about finding a relationship, not sex. Those are two very different things.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:10 AM

1,063 posts, read 697,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Seriously. What makes these idiots say this same bizarro stuff over and over and over again? They can't possibly believe it's true. It's like deliberately deciding to be stupid.

Why not decide to be smart?
Prove it is wrong.

Please release "MightyQueen801 walks 12 hours in NYC" walk through each neighborhood and show us THAT NOT A SINGLE MAN SPOKE TO YOU.

For goodness sake, a Meth addict 60 year old homeless Woman with no teeth in Camden NJ was being FOUGHT OVER by two 70 year homeless fellow addicts. I saw this LIVE.

Please wake up to reality. A Woman ALWAYS has options. She just may not LIKE THOSE OPTIONS. Nevertheless a Woman will always have 10x the options as a Man in the equivalent circumstance. Until the age of 70 at which point most of the Men are dead.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
So do many or even most guys. Sex is easy to find. What's the point? They're talking about finding a relationship, not sex. Those are two very different things.
A man has to approach minimum 10 Women to even get a conversation. Women by biological necessity and socialization are selective and guarded.

In general a Woman on the other hand has to merely select the best option from the 10 Men who have approached her.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
A man has to approach minimum 10 Women to even get a conversation. Women by biological necessity and socialization are selective and guarded.

In general a Woman on the other hand has to merely select the best option from the 10 Men who have approached her.

I have no idea where some people get this crud. Complete fantasy. People (men and women) converse with each other casually on a daily basis if they're out being social. I could, if I wanted, recount multiple connections from this last Friday night alone. People go out, they talk to strangers and socialize. It's the norm for most people.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I have no idea where some people get this crud. Complete fantasy. People (men and women) converse with each other casually on a daily basis if they're out being social.
What state do you live in?

In NYC I can assure you that no one speaks to a random stranger of the opposite sex without some kind of agenda whether Sales or Sex.

No such thing as casual talk here.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:20 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Prove it is wrong.

Please release "MightyQueen801 walks 12 hours in NYC" walk through each neighborhood and show us THAT NOT A SINGLE MAN SPOKE TO YOU.

For goodness sake, a Meth addict 60 year old homeless Woman with no teeth in Camden NJ was being FOUGHT OVER by two 70 year homeless fellow addicts. I saw this LIVE.

Please wake up to reality. A Woman ALWAYS has options. She just may not LIKE THOSE OPTIONS. Nevertheless a Woman will always have 10x the options as a Man in the equivalent circumstance. Until the age of 70 at which point most of the Men are dead.
Dude, a month from yesterday I will be sixty years old. I can easily walk through ANY neighborhood in NYC without anyone speaking to me. Women my age are completely invisible. Which we learn to use to our advantage, by the way. A cop friend told me that we can drive up the road with a joint in one hand and a beer in the other and the eyes of the boys in blue will just pass right over us. Wanna try that one with me?

I like the Camden story, but it makes me wonder where the heck you are hanging out. That could be part of your problem.

My remark was not about unrealistic scenarios. A woman walking through a sleazebag 'hood and getting cat-called doesn't count as "options". I was speaking from Normal Land, where it is not always easy for a woman who would like to meet someone decent for a relationship to find one. A very attractive woman will not have a problem, but a Plain Jane will simply be mentally disregarded.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:28 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:

In NYC I can assure you that no one speaks to a random stranger of the opposite sex without some kind of agenda whether Sales or Sex.

You live in a world of your own fantasy. I've worked in NYC for 40 years, and that is just something you made up, lol.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:

Not true at all. I have been in Brooklyn twice last month for shows and casually talked with plenty of people. Threes Brewing in Gowanas (sp?) is great for meeting people. I joined a couple of people at their table in the garden, two women, they invited me... that is something that would never happen in Boston! I meet and talk to people pretty much every time I'm there. People are much more social in Brooklyn than Boston. Met people at both shows too (Brooklyn Steele and Brooklyn Bazaar). I can't go to NY and not end up talking to and meeting people out and about.

I live in RI now, having recently moved from MA.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Dude, a month from yesterday I will be sixty years old. I can easily walk through ANY neighborhood in NYC without anyone speaking to me. Women my age are completely invisible. Which we learn to use to our advantage, by the way. A cop friend told me that we can drive up the road with a joint in one hand and a beer in the other and the eyes of the boys in blue will just pass right over us. Wanna try that one with me?

I like the Camden story, but it makes me wonder where the heck you are hanging out. That could be part of your problem.

My remark was not about unrealistic scenarios. A woman walking through a sleazebag 'hood and getting cat-called doesn't count as "options". I was speaking from Normal Land, where it is not always easy for a woman who would like to meet someone decent for a relationship to find one.
You are not paying attention.

Older Gentlemen are not going to be aggressive or as obvious. I am sure there was an Older Man that went out of his way to hold a door open or asked if you needed help or were lost. And like most Women it probably went right over your head. I guess now the roles are reversed.

Women do have a habit of having blinders on for most Men rendering them practically invisible unless they fit the ideal prototype they are looking for.

Regarding the Ghetto options, the fact is it IS an option again whether you like it or not. A Woman never has to be alone if she doesn't want to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships