Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 03:18 PM
mwv mwv started this thread

207 posts, read 673,724 times

Advertisements

There are two women I'm acquainted with who fascinate me in this regard.

I'd like to hear anecdotes from others who've observed similar things in an effort to unpack the sexual intrigue some people seem to generate starting from almost nothing. I realize that what creates this sex mystique is heavily dependent on the observer so I can only speak for myself.

Woman #1 - She's 5'8" early 30s, brown middle length hair, very pale and almost sickly skinny, no breasts (at all) or behind, poor complexion from adolescent acne, cleft chin. Looks like Chloe Sovigny except even less attractive. Quiet, unassuming in speech, reasonably bright but nothing special.

Her sex appeal: dresses in all black/grey, walks in gangly- almost stompy way in black shoes or boots (always), always looks brooding and intense- unless spoken to.

Woman #2- She's 5'5" mid 30s overweight/chubby, long red hair, pale, very average face. Sharp dresser though - usually wears dark slip dresses. Nerdy glasses. Zero make up(!)

Her sex appeal: Extreme competent and talks and walks like she's in charge without being over the top. Waves her hands and points and talks fast and tends to stand a little too close to people. Tells dirty jokes. Cocky, overachiever yet helps other achieve too - doesn't try to put others down so that she looks better. Has a boyfriend and a girlfriend and seems to think nothing of telling so to other people.

Physically these women aren't attractive in any conventional sense yet through the way they talk and carry themselves and through other characteristics they generate huge amounts of sexual appeal. Just in case it's not clear, neither comes across as slutty or easy.

I'd particularly like to hear from some women about guys they know who are less attractive yet draw out enigmatic sexual appeal. Just what is it that makes them transcend their native, bodily limits?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 03:29 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,451,800 times
Do we have any pop corn left?

Old 07-04-2009, 04:05 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Confidence. It's very appealing.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:37 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,825 times
It sounds to me like woman #1 is mysterious & unique, which can be "sexy", and woman #2 is confident & secure, which is "sexy" also.

I think attitude and demeanor can go a long way. I can't think offhand of any guy who is unattractive technically but oozes sex appeal. If I had to name a celebrity, I'd maybe go with Adrian Brody. He's technically homely, but very sexy.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:14 PM

546 posts, read 1,678,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Confidence. It's very appealing.
Bingo! You don't have to be perfect in physical appearance to have sexual appeal. Self confidence can transform anyone into a sexually appealing person.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:32 PM

295 posts, read 837,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
It sounds to me like woman #1 is mysterious & unique, which can be "sexy", and woman #2 is confident & secure, which is "sexy" also.

I think attitude and demeanor can go a long way. I can't think offhand of any guy who is unattractive technically but oozes sex appeal. If I had to name a celebrity, I'd maybe go with Adrian Brody. He's technically homely, but very sexy.
My mother would be blushing if she could read my thoughts. Oh, the things I would do to Adrien Brody.

Another poster said it best, it's all about confidence.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:52 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
My ex wasn't the most handsome guy there is and in fact was rather homely. But the way he treated me and others, with such respect and sweetness, was what attracted me to him. Then he became very appealing when I discovered that underneath his clothes, he was extremely handsome and sexy.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:02 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organized Mess View Post
My mother would be blushing if she could read my thoughts. Oh, the things I would do to Adrien Brody.

I discovered Adrian Brody when he came out in a movie called "Summer of Sam" years and years ago. He had a sweet, but tormented side to him in the film, that made him extremely appealing. And whats weird about him in that movie was his role as a male prostitute. I cant remember that movie very well since it was so long ago, but he was weirdly alluring and perplexing. He's had good roles.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:22 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
Adrien Brody isn't homely. You just have to look past his big nose and all is well.

http://www.hidiro.com/picsa/photos/a...PL2136V7nb.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organized Mess View Post

Old 07-05-2009, 01:25 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
I agree. Some people don't have the face but they sure do have the body. It is amazing how that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
My ex wasn't the most handsome guy there is and in fact was rather homely. But the way he treated me and others, with such respect and sweetness, was what attracted me to him. Then he became very appealing when I discovered that underneath his clothes, he was extremely handsome and sexy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships