Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 07:36 AM

80 posts, read 43,901 times

Advertisements

4 years ago I went out with a woman I met online. At the time I was 25, she was 42. I for sure thought I was getting laid, because why else would she want to go out with someone so young? On the other hand, I thought she was way out of my league, and I wasn’t very experienced, so I was pretty nervous. We went out to dinner, I failed most of her **** tests., such as she commented on how much her car cost, how she likes “expensive things/expensive taste” and “if a guy doesn’t pay for the first date, he doesn’t get a second” etc. Another **** test she pulled was “you know were not having sex tonight, right?” Frankly it was very off putting/made me anxious because I wasn’t confident. I tried lightly touching her and she shut it down.

As I dropped her off, I was going in for a hug because I didn’t think the date went that well, and she pulled me in for a huge kiss and told me to call her later to hang out again. But when I reached out again she said “I think we’re looking for different things, best of luck to you.”

So I thought that was the end of it, but a couple years ago we added each other on FB and like every single post each other makes. So last week, 4 years after our first date, I asked her if she wanted to “catch up” over dinner. She said absolutely. She said yes to the first day and time and location I mentioned.

I picked her up, still pretty nervous she was going to be a ***** again, and she almost did a 180. She was very nice, offered to split, then when I picked up the tab entirely she said twice she will take me out to dinner next time. There was no talk about her “expensive taste” or guys shes dumped like last time. I knew from FB that she had gotten married, but she hadn’t posted any pics of them two for a LONG time. She mentioned she had gotten married (I thought this was her telling me her and I are just friends) but then she said “turns out, he’s pretty psycho, so that’s a whole different thing I’m going thru.” Normally I would say “oh Im so sorry, do you want to talk about it?” or something lame like that, but this time I said “this dinner isn’t just going to be me listening to your problems right?” and she chuckled and never brought it up again. Also her husband lives overseas where they met while she was on vacation. She also asked me if I was seeing anyone, I lied and said “I have a enough to keep me busy” while I smiled. She remembered lots of little things we talked about from our first date.

I tried to be touchy again but she wasn’t really having it. No kiss at the end either, but she again said as we parted that she will buy me dinner next time.

My female friend said this woman is DTF, but I’m not so sure. She didn’t really flirt or touch me, but she did offer to split dinner and then take me out to dinner. Also her telling me she is married made me think she was hinting we are just friends, but then she told me he was psycho, maybe shes hinting she’s DTF or will be single soon?

Also we never texted after the most recent date saying we had a good time or anything. My female friend who said this woman is DTF said I should sext her to find out.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 07:38 AM

125 posts, read 64,439 times
Sounds like torture. I would not contact her again.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:42 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,032,233 times
Aren't you the guy who has the woman who wants to move here for you?

Old 07-26-2018, 07:43 AM

125 posts, read 64,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I think that's deepsix.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post

Nope

Old 07-26-2018, 07:47 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,057 times
Drama, drama, drama. Whether she's playing games or a psycho herself, she's married so move on.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Drama, drama, drama. Whether she's playing games or a psycho herself, she's married so move on.

Yeah I see what you’re saying

Old 07-26-2018, 07:53 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
So you're specifically looking for drama and craziness?

Old 07-26-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
So you're specifically looking for drama and craziness?

I do seem to be attracted to that yes

Old 07-26-2018, 08:30 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Seems like a great choice for that, then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships