Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 09:03 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,976,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
Those 12 hrs included 7hrs of sleep. Last relationship broke down over the weekend so I'm not actually interested in dating right now, but out of curiosity I wanted to see what was out there. The results make me want to go back and fix my relationship, but i think being single for a while will suit me fine.

Some tips for any guy who wants to find a date....

Do not wear a dirty tank top
Do not smoke
Do not look mad
Tidy the beard
Take a pic when you're not high

Im not familiar with all the dating apps that exist but the one i tried was Badoo, I felt like i stumbled upon an app designed for people looking for prison penpals. I've heard that females are just as bad. I always assumed you should treat dating like a job interview, be polite, be clean, put your best foot first.

With how large and easily accessible to the masses OLD is now, it's just more garbage you have to pick through. Not suggesting you go back to it right away, but I am saying that there are genuine people on there with obvious and pure intentions, some of these people just want to find a partner, many of these people only want to stroke their ego or cure their loneliness for one night. It's a matter of finding who is compatible with you and who wants the same thing, and discarding the rest. Even though it's used for very personal intentions, the discarding of people you are not interested in is very impersonal, and it needs to be that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 09:27 AM

880 posts, read 1,251,705 times
Not all smiles are equal. "Warm smile" is one thing, grinning like a frightened ape is another.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:30 AM

880 posts, read 531,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I think this comes off as a little arrogant. You should change it to “tips for a guy who wants to get a date with YOU”. I have friends who do at least one of your do nots in OLD and they get dates. You shouldn’t be trying to copy your own preferences to every other woman’s in the world.
Its meant to be lighthearted because a lot of it would be deemed common sense and while it doesn't cover EVERY woman in the worlds preference i promise you it would cover a lot of them. If that was a list specifically for the guys who wanted to date me than i would have very low expectations. If that's arrogant then so be it.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
I read somewhere that non-smiling men appear to be more attractive to women, whereas smiling women have a edge over non-smiling gals. Not sure if its true or not, but just saying
Theres non smiling and then theres just looking plain mad. I find the pics that look most attractive are the ones where the guys look genuinely happy (candid shots and relaxed smiles). My ex had total RBF and i found it sexy af. But his profile picture was a soft slight smile that really showed his warm side.

I also have RBF so i have to smile for pictures otherwise i look unapproachable. The last time i was single, one of the pics i had posted was a pic of me on vaca, i was pulling a face with my tongue hanging out the side but it was a shot that captured how happy i was in that moment and all my connections commented on how much they liked that picture.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_bank View Post
Not all smiles are equal. "Warm smile" is one thing, grinning like a frightened ape is another.
Big grin and scary eyes

Old 08-16-2018, 10:16 AM

1,826 posts, read 2,495,900 times
I believe both men and women are more attracted online to people who smile in their pictures. As someone who once had a bad smile, I can personally say that having a nice smile (and showing it) to women goes a LONG way.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:16 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
Although I love a great smile, I am meeting up with a man who was not smiling in his profile pics. His profile even stated that he knows he doesn't have a grin in his pics... there was something about his eyes and the humor in his bio that made me respond to his initial message.

We have been texting and talking for two weeks now and this man is hilarious! I am really glad that I looked past the not smiling stuff and am excited about our plans this weekend.

I agree about the bathroom selfies though... those are a NO for me as well.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Although I love a great smile, I am meeting up with a man who was not smiling in his profile pics. His profile even stated that he knows he doesn't have a grin in his pics... there was something about his eyes and the humor in his bio that made me respond to his initial message.

We have been texting and talking for two weeks now and this man is hilarious! I am really glad that I looked past the not smiling stuff and am excited about our plans this weekend.

I agree about the bathroom selfies though... those are a NO for me as well.
Its all in the eyes <3

Old 08-16-2018, 01:22 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
Its meant to be lighthearted because a lot of it would be deemed common sense and while it doesn't cover EVERY woman in the worlds preference i promise you it would cover a lot of them. If that was a list specifically for the guys who wanted to date me than i would have very low expectations. If that's arrogant then so be it.
So you really just jokingly depicted some % of men who date online as idiots who can't get out of their own way. That hardly needs to be pointed out.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
So you really just jokingly depicted some % of men who date online as idiots who can't get out of their own way. That hardly needs to be pointed out.
Pretty much
But in all honesty, it was more than half of the profiles i scrolled through. I'm just wondering when people stopped making an effort. I know its women too, my single guy friend commented on the scary number of women in their 30s who post drunk pics, overtly sexual pics, high pics, and overtly sexual drunk high pics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships