Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 04:42 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Go back and say I'm sorry I was too hasty and act sympathetic. He'll take you back on for the joy ride. (if you really want to find out how much he wants)
That's really funny because he just messaged me .My last comment to him last night was, "I know you won't answer, but how much were you going to ask for?"

He answered just now, with "I wasn't going to ask you for a dime"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 04:42 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,483 times
Like I said, from what you described of him, he showed all the signs of a romance scammer who would soon be asking for money. There's a whole network of 419 scammers who routinely troll matchmaking sites looking for lonely ladies with whom to establish a fake connection and then proceed to scam them out of hundreds of thousands and thousands of dollars. They always start out with saying they're somewhere out of town, either on business or because they're in the military. They use fake names and fake pictures. It's a really well known scam. They're scumbags.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:55 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
That's really funny because he just messaged me .My last comment to him last night was, "I know you won't answer, but how much were you going to ask for?"

He answered just now, with "I wasn't going to ask you for a dime"
Great. Well the saga continues....

Old 08-22-2018, 04:58 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
What made you all of a sudden decide he was going to ask you for money? There must have been something...

Old 08-22-2018, 05:03 AM

"I wasn't going to ask you for a dime" could be the absolute truth, literally speaking

Old 08-22-2018, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
What made you all of a sudden decide he was going to ask you for money? There must have been something...
He told me he wasn't able to get all the funds he needed from a friend and I said I was sorry and wished there was more I could do to help but there just wasn't
He asked , what if there was, hypothetically speaking?
I said how? because I was in no way able to help financially.
At the, he complained about how friends seem to back off when financial help is mentioned.
I just lit into him at that point and he stopped talking until this morning

Old 08-22-2018, 06:43 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
He told me he wasn't able to get all the funds he needed from a friend and I said I was sorry and wished there was more I could do to help but there just wasn't
He asked , what if there was, hypothetically speaking?
I said how? because I was in no way able to help financially.
At the, he complained about how friends seem to back off when financial help is mentioned.
I just lit into him at that point and he stopped talking until this morning

DANGER DANGER DANGER
Yep, you thought right. If I was a millionaire I wouldn't help. Friends are right to "back off when financial help is needed", as far as I'm concerned. You'd end up in a relationship with someone and always have that financial thing going on in your head whether you agreed to help or not.

Old 08-22-2018, 11:42 AM

Unbelievably back again this morning. All apologies and misunderstandings and blah, blah, blah.
So, I went along with it for awhile , even with the 'poor me' quilt tripping and various other things.
I suppose it was hard to give up on a couple weeks worth of effort without at least giving it a second try.
Gotta tell 'ya though, some of them like this one, earn their money
Still couldn't get a clue as to how much he was hoping to get, though.
Story over. The end

Old 08-22-2018, 11:59 AM

503 posts, read 772,436 times
He is pretty ballsy - continuing while knowing you were on to him early in the game. Almost have to admire his moxie - if it weren't for nefarious purposes. Thanks for posting the outcome - maybe it will help someone else!

Old 08-22-2018, 05:42 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,294 times
Quote:
Unbelievably back again this morning. All apologies and misunderstandings and blah, blah, blah.
So, I went along with it for awhile , even with the 'poor me' quilt tripping and various other things.
I suppose it was hard to give up on a couple weeks worth of effort without at least giving it a second try.
Gotta tell 'ya though, some of them like this one, earn their money
Still couldn't get a clue as to how much he was hoping to get, though.
Story over. The end
Con men are professional manipulators. Unbelievable the people that actually give them money.
Even from this side of the monitor, he triggers our gut feeling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships