Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 08:11 AM

971 posts, read 689,366 times

Advertisements

I have been seeing a woman for a while now and recently she started mentioning a male coworker what i thought was a lot. A friend told me if she talks about this guy all the time, there is probably something going on between them. I dismissed it.
The other night she was discussing business with this dude on the phone and had him on the speaker. I was not nearby but could hear as it was loud. At the end of the conversation, he said, love you. She paused and said back at you. It sounded kind of akward.
I didn't think much of it at the time but the more i think about it the more it makes me wonder. I have heard thru a mutual friend they flirt and have possibly hooked up in the past.

Am i reading something into nothing? Should i flat ask and risk starting a war or let it go. Debating apptoaching the subject but if i.am wrong, i don't want her to think i don't trust her. Opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 08:15 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
You waited too long. As soon as a guy starts talking about his female BFF (which is usually early) I'm outtie.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:30 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
I have been seeing a woman for a while now and recently she started mentioning a male coworker what i thought was a lot. A friend told me if she talks about this guy all the time, there is probably something going on between them. I dismissed it.
The other night she was discussing business with this dude on the phone and had him on the speaker. I was not nearby but could hear as it was loud. At the end of the conversation, he said, love you. She paused and said back at you. It sounded kind of akward.
I didn't think much of it at the time but the more i think about it the more it makes me wonder. I have heard thru a mutual friend they flirt and have possibly hooked up in the past.

Am i reading something into nothing? Should i flat ask and risk starting a war or let it go. Debating apptoaching the subject but if i.am wrong, i don't want her to think i don't trust her. Opinions?
It's a huge, flaming red flag, and the fact that he said "love you"? Pretty much Exhibit A.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:34 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:

Huh? I am good friends with a ton of my coworkers and no one says the L word.
And who is the friend - your friend or her friend?

I'd flat out ask her.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:39 AM

296 posts, read 265,945 times
Wait, is he potentially gay? I am not being snarky, I am serious.
If not I might wonder as well, and flat out ask like the other posters have suggested.

As a side note, I was married to a man who ended up meeting someone else at his work. It started with him mentioning that they went with a group to lunch, then it was just them, well, you see how this ends, he left me and is now married to her.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:43 AM

If i was cheating, i wouldn't call the person in front of my partner on a speaker no less with them listening, for fear of what could or might be said. I have female friends i say live you to, but don't mean it in a sexual way.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Huh? I am good friends with a ton of my coworkers and no one says the L word.
And who is the friend - your friend or her friend?

I'd flat out ask her.
Her coworker. I may ask next time.she mentions him...what was up with the love you comment on the phone??

Old 08-27-2018, 08:45 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
If i was cheating, i wouldn't call the person in front of my partner on a speaker no less with them listening, for fear of what could or might be said. I have female friends i say live you to, but don't mean it in a sexual way.
She paused when he said it, though, right?

And then tried to play down the situation by saying a benign comment instead of "I love you too"?

I'm sorry, Bearsdad, but that's CYA behavior. I bet there will be no more speaker calls.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:49 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:

no, I mean, who is this friend? Is he trustworthy?

Old 08-27-2018, 08:56 AM

296 posts, read 265,945 times
Quote:
You would be amazed at what people do, "hiding in plain sight". The ex I referenced once talked to his then GF while he and I were hiking with my dogs and he actually said it was his friend, who I happened to know was in church at the time.

Hope you get this sorted out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships