Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 03:14 PM

3 posts, read 1,084 times

Advertisements

I have feeling for my boyfriend but I have big doubts. We have been dating for a couple months and he seems to be projecting on the long term with me, he wants to see me often, he invited me to a trip in California to go to his best's friend wedding and exploring Napa Valley, to a work weekend later in September and already asked me if this would go further if our kids could be raised muslim, (I'm catholic). I am very scared he is more looking for a wife and mother than a loving relationship.
Let me explain: he has never told me he loved me, he works a lot and doesn't really do sweet stuff for me like flowers or sweet messages, he doesn't really make plans and expect most of the time for me to come to his place.. When we hang out or go out to dinner (which I most of the time plan) he is on this phone a lot and I feel I don't have his attention and sometimes feels lonely, if I don't make conversation there is nothing going on... I have a lot of affection for him but he makes me feel like he already takes me for granted, like he doesn't really care about making me happy just about me making him happy.. I try to always look nice for him, be accommodating of his work schedule, make plans but he doesn't show much appreciation and doesn't do it for me.. He even asked me do all the planning for that trip in California and didn't seem really excited about the research I did.
I think he likes me and definitely likes to have me around but I'm not sure he is really interested in a loving relationship.. Any input?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 03:17 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,055 times
I would walk away and don't look back. If he doesn't seem to care about what you think, I am sure he doesn't care.

Old 08-28-2018, 03:20 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times
You date to see if you are compatible, and you can see you are not. Luckily it's only been 2 months - time to break up.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-28-2018, 03:24 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,009,897 times
Get out of the relationship and find someone who appreciates you.Period.

Old 08-28-2018, 03:26 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times
Cut your losses now before you become even more entrenched.

Sounds like you are not a good match.

A good match = things in common, compatible temperaments, similar values, physical attraction, emotional needs being met on both sides, spiritual values similar.

Old 08-28-2018, 03:33 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
That's a cultural thing. If you don't like how his upbringing makes him treat women (as subordinates), don't hang around.

Old 08-28-2018, 03:35 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,291 times
WOW, OP, can you even imagine what your relationship will be like after you marry the guy? I mean, come on, he is not even attentive to you or your needs/desires now, and you're still I the "honeymoon" stage of dating. Sounds like he wants a mommy for his future kids and a mommy for himself.

Run OP, run.

Old 08-28-2018, 03:38 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
"I am Catholic and he is Muslim ... now ... hear me out."

hahahahahahahahaha!!!

Old 08-28-2018, 03:47 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,431 times
Nope. He wants you around for what you can do for him, not for you yourself.

Old 08-28-2018, 04:15 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Just because you get into a relationship, the goal is not to "make it work". As others have said, you date a person as long as you are compatible. Once you find out that you are not, that you are not happy, not enjoying yourself, whatever - you get out. You don't try to make something work that is not working. Big, big mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships