Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 08:11 AM

880 posts, read 532,177 times

Advertisements

Timeline:
April 2017: after being in a roommate style marriage for years, i asked for a separation. We try counseling but ultimately we cant create something that isn't there. We both move on and date.
September 2017: He meets new girl. Per our agreement (ex-spouses meet before children get introduced) i meet her a few months later around Christmas, shes a really sweet girl and I'm happy for them.
January 2018: Our divorced is finalized, its very amicable, we have lunch together beforehand.
March 2018: He proposes to new girl.
September 2018: He'll walk down the aisle again.

We were together for 14yrs, married 12, and have two kids, we had a picture perfect divorce. I don't have any feelings for him but I am aware of her controlling ways. Family members have told me shes threatened by me, and he goes out of his way to keep her happy. This included having his family (my only nearby family for over a decade) stop inviting me to family gatherings. Part of me was hoping this overly rushed relationship would implode and i could have these people back in my life but it looks like this wkend seals it.

Im not a particularly religious person but lord give me strength to get through this wkend and the days to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 08:33 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
I see this a lot.

He just replaced you with someone. They may not even have a great connection. It is just convenient for him to put her on your place so his life can go on the way it was with you.

My ex replaced me and had her watch our shows from the beginning, goes to our specific car shows, our restaurants, our romantic view spot and got her a gym membership. She lives our life now.

Old 08-31-2018, 08:51 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
I would be happy for him and worried less about how it impacts you. She may be great to your kids.

Old 08-31-2018, 08:56 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I see this a lot.

He just replaced you with someone. They may not even have a great connection. It is just convenient for him to put her on your place so his life can go on the way it was with you.

My ex replaced me and had her watch our shows from the beginning, goes to our specific car shows, our restaurants, our romantic view spot and got her a gym membership. She lives our life now.
Yes, this is exactly what my ex did. Unfortunately, he chose someone who disliked his kids and is extremely threatened by me. I no longer have any kind of relationship with my ex. We communicate a couple of times a year by text and only when it's absolutely necessary.

It's an old story.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:00 AM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
Are the kids living with you? I know it is hard, but put you & your kids well being first, & live life, let him get on with his. I hope any family functions the kids go to, will include you, out of common decency & courtesy, but if not, be graceful.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:13 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
Timeline:
April 2017: after being in a roommate style marriage for years, i asked for a separation. We try counseling but ultimately we cant create something that isn't there. We both move on and date.
September 2017: He meets new girl. Per our agreement (ex-spouses meet before children get introduced) i meet her a few months later around Christmas, shes a really sweet girl and I'm happy for them.
January 2018: Our divorced is finalized, its very amicable, we have lunch together beforehand.

We were together for 14yrs, married 12, and have two kids, we had a picture perfect divorce. I don't have any feelings for him but I am aware of her controlling ways. Family members have told me shes threatened by me, and he goes out of his way to keep her happy. This included having his family (my only nearby family for over a decade) stop inviting me to family gatherings. Part of me was hoping this overly rushed relationship would implode and i could have these people back in my life but it looks like this wkend seals it.

Im not a particularly religious person but lord give me strength to get through this wkend and the days to come.

My ex's wife was controlling too....and insecure. She went as far as to come over and peep in my windows, day and night, and this was after they had married. I felt she was totally obsessed with me. She's done other things I can't mention....

Old 08-31-2018, 09:18 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I see this a lot.

They are so stupid and transparent sometimes! My friend and I went to the Cayman Islands while waiting for our divorces....both husbands had someone new in their lives.

When we got back both her ex and my ex told us they too were going to the same islands for a week. The two husbands did not know each other.....such a coincidence. Or maybe not...

Both of those couples (Likely the females) were jealous of our trip and copied it....

Old 08-31-2018, 09:18 AM

880 posts, read 532,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Are the kids living with you? I know it is hard, but put you & your kids well being first, & live life, let him get on with his. I hope any family functions the kids go to, will include you, out of common decency & courtesy, but if not, be graceful.
We have split custody with me having them a little more. I 100% want him to be happy but the hard part is dealing with the loss of family. I left all my family and friends and moved 4000 miles away to be with him and i was grateful his family took me in and accepted me as their own. I knew things would change after the divorce but i didn't expect to lose his family like this. I told him when this started that had he moved to my country i would have never isolated him from my family like this, my family simply wouldn't allow it.

Part of me wants to get on a plane with my kids and go back to my support system but i would never do that to them, its important that they have their dad in their lives.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:23 AM

292 posts, read 163,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
Timeline:

When the divorce becomes about what is best for the parents only, though you have an entire family involved, others suffer. Intact families are the very fiber of society. Friends family all suffer the death of a family. Innocent children, don't even get me started. Kudos to you for understanding your children need their dad. So sorry you are enduring this

Divorce usually occurs over nothing but selfishness.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:27 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Some people just can't manage to be alone after going through a trial like this. Everything will work out for the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships