Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 10:11 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko959 View Post
Yes, it was....then it became less and less frequent
...it almost always does...even in "better" relationships. Don't you know the saying about crazy women and crazy sex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 10:30 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,840,422 times
I just have to say "WOW".

I feel so normal now reading this.

I agree that it is a Hot Mess. Hope you have learned from this finally (?)

Good luck to you

Old 10-15-2018, 10:12 PM

111 posts, read 195,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
Well it sucks to be you.Sometimes one has to learn a really really hard lesson.When lots of people are telling you to stay clear of someone and you still don't listen to them..well that means that you're one of those that will have to learn the hard way...which you're doing now.
How long are you tied to that lease?I would think that if you were to get someone to take over your part in the lease..maybe that would work out for you?Meaning getting someone to take your place in living in the home?I take it that there are more then 1 bedroom.She could have the person as a roommate or something.Talk it over to your landlord and see if that is an option for you.
Thank you for the advice. No one wants to sign a 2 year lease and live with a stranger they might not get along with.

I have talked to 2 lawyers, and the only way I can get out of the lease is to pay what the landlord demands. $3500. I can't bring myself to pay it. So my only choice is to pray she finds a roommate and is able to make rent for 2 years.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:17 AM

708 posts, read 578,148 times
I would consider 3500.00 a deal in getting the hell outta Dodge....expensive, yes, but so worth moving on with your life and getting away from hers. Although you're in therapy right now, it seems counter productive to have to live with that train wreck another 2 years. It's truly the only way the healing can begin. Consider it a fresh start to making positive choices in your life.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:51 AM

Thank you all for your comments. I expected the tone of most of them. I agreed with most of them too. I don't know why I am self destructive. I saw all the red flags. I wish I could tell you why I thought so little of myself that I remained. Was it the good sex alone, and I figured I would put up with the rest? (yeah, I still have a strong sex drive at 60) Was it the thought of being alone again? Was it being terrified of dying alone in an apartment or house with no one around that cared?

My therapist and I have work to do. But really, thank you for your criticisms. I read them almost every day for a cold slap in the face.

Old 10-18-2018, 02:44 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,967,886 times
OP, if at this point you met a fine upstanding woman of good character who then went on to genuinely love you, that would make you so uncomfortable you would have to sabotage the relationship.

IMO.

Old 10-18-2018, 02:48 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko959 View Post
Thank you all for your comments. I expected the tone of most of them. I agreed with most of them too. I don't know why I am self destructive. I saw all the red flags. I wish I could tell you why I thought so little of myself that I remained. Was it the good sex alone, and I figured I would put up with the rest? (yeah, I still have a strong sex drive at 60) Was it the thought of being alone again? Was it being terrified of dying alone in an apartment or house with no one around that cared?

My therapist and I have work to do. But really, thank you for your criticisms. I read them almost every day for a cold slap in the face.
This is really good. Really good. I am glad that you are taking the time to reflect and learn about yourself and others. I do that too (maybe a little too much) but I think it does help.

Old 11-05-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
OP, if at this point you met a fine upstanding woman of good character who then went on to genuinely love you, that would make you so uncomfortable you would have to sabotage the relationship.

IMO.
That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. But you are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships