Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 01:56 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmemories View Post
I have a feeling he KNOWS the affect he has on you and has reached a point where he needs you for selfish reasons.

I think there is a movie about that. If I remember right, it didnt end well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 02:11 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
LOL! I was waiting for someone to say this.

Also this: "the Instagram"

Nobody says that!!

I am starting to think maybe there is a cultural difference with the OP.

Reminds me of Internship, that movie where a couple of older guys (Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson) sign up as interns with Google and Vince keeps saying "on the line" and the kids keep correcting him "online". Maybe some people use "the Google" to find things?

Last edited by oceangaia; 10-01-2018 at 02:58 PM..

Old 10-01-2018, 02:17 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyLady_1234 View Post
Have you seen the movie Bridges of Madison Coutry with Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood?
4 days relationship impact the rest of their life.
Sweetie, that is FICTION. We're discussing a real-life situation.

And, no, not blocking him means you haven't moved on, because you are leaving open the possibility of contact between you and him.

Old 10-01-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikala43 View Post
bull. My ex messaged me on fb last week, i told my husband and i never responded to him. it's not sign i haven't moved on, it's a sign that i am not interested in having a conversation with him.

this

Old 10-01-2018, 02:21 PM

149 posts, read 104,352 times
Your brain is a filter between your emotions and your actions; use it wisely.

Old 10-01-2018, 02:28 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
... but you keep accused me many times that I'm an unfaithful person. It made me very uncomfortable and unhappy.
No, I never accused you of being unfaithful. I said you have not been loyal to your spouse, which is quite different and certainly possible given that you admit to being "in love" with this guy since you had a thing with him 8 years ago.

Quote:
You're assuming my marriage is unhappy even though you have no idea my marriage.
Never did that either, and even assumed that you and your husband share a good life together, given that you two have two kids and a business you own together.

Quote:
I'm mature enough to handle it. It has nothing to do about to get back with EX.
That's still up for debate. I believe you were strongly tempted to contact the ex when you noticed that he followed the IG account.

FTR, I have two Instagram accounts and know very well how it works. I don't care about the IG aspect of this story but the emotional aspect which it represents.

Your reaction to the knowledge that this guy followed the account is what you need to monitor. I've already given you my best advice on moving on from this. As for posting here, your best bet is to ignore the posts that are blatantly attacking you rather than bickering, which will get you banned. You've said many times that you only posted to get something off your chest, but in reality your replies waver back and forth between "I must tell him I love him!" to "Just kidding. I won't contact him. I was just fantasizing." Surely you can understand why people here would be concerned about your actions.

Old 10-01-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
If you block him on instagram, all he has to do is sign out and he can still see everything. Or he can make a new account and continue to follow you....and you won't know it's him.
You can set a profile so that only followers you accept can see what is being posted.

And, I know OP has said this is supposed to be a business account, so all postings should be about the business, not personal matters of the employees.

Old 10-01-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I have reiterated several times its company account. It's public.
I can see a lot of people here don't use Instagram.
I do use it, and my profile is set so people can only see what I post if they send me a Follow request and I accept it.

Also, if this is a business profile, than anything posted should be about the business, not about the employees' personal matters. He shouldn't be able to get any of your personal information or whereabouts from a company account.

Old 10-01-2018, 02:47 PM

569 posts, read 440,438 times
The OP may not post again but I think maybe the whole thing is an overreaction. I think sometimes exes are just curious what the person they used to date is up to. Seems like he pursued her pretty hard in the past but just following someone's instagram account could just be him reminiscing about the past and wondering what she is up to these days, whether she is single or married, etc. It's not like he called her at work after following the instagram or tried to reach out in other ways. I don't know if I would consider that stalking per say unless it becomes apparent in other ways and she lets him know the contact is unwelcome.

I think what is confusing is she is reading more into his following her company's instagram page because of the conflicted emotions she has regarding this guy and the intensity of that short-lived 6 month relationship. She is probably at a comfortable point in her marriage where things are not bad but maybe not so exciting and she is reminiscing the intensity of that relationship she once had.

OP if you are still following this, when you start thinking of that old relationship try to steer your mind to think about how your relationship was when you first met your husband. Try to use that to see if you can ignite the spark in your marriage again. Go do things you used to enjoy when you first met. Surprise him with something new and different - plan a date to somewhere you never go that is totally out of the ordinary, etc.

The day in day out routine of life can put a damper on any relationship and it's got to be tough to live together and run a business together. You are so immersed in each other's lives that there is probably not much excitement there.

Taking productive actions toward your marriage will put this into perspective for you.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:26 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
BTW, I don't know why you keep ask me if I'm in the US?
Yes, I'm in the US.
She could have just clarified. But I guess clarifying is not her strength.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships