Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 04:48 PM

587 posts, read 429,070 times

Advertisements

Had a not so pleasant exchange of texts with someone, that prevented us from both (mutually) wanting to have sex.

In the incident, the disagreement turned me off that I did not want to meet up- and conversely, what I said also turned him off.

(We have hooked up before- good sex previously, mutual attraction at that time) But from the disagreement, NO longer wanting to re-connect, and am sure it is mutual.

This is a casual situation- not talking about spouse, etc.

So in a way- the Brain IS the driving sex organ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 05:01 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,287,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krosser100 View Post

Um . .. yeah. Most definitely.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:34 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,401,876 times
Quote:
How Much Does Having A Disagreement with Someone (Casual) Affect Your Sexual Attraction to Them?
Depends. Are we disagreeing on something that is a matter of taste, like best flavor of ice cream, best genre of music, best theme park, or something more serious, like vaccinations cause autism, essential oils cures ALS, interracial dating/marriage should be banned like in the "olden days" -- my grandmother's days.

If that disagreement causes me to question their critical thinking skills or humanity, we ain't bumpin'. (when I was single, of course.)

Old 10-18-2018, 06:40 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,911,533 times
Make-up sex. Right at the top of the list.

Old 10-19-2018, 08:04 AM

20,779 posts, read 20,115,463 times
Quote:
Had a not so pleasant exchange of texts with someone, that prevented us from both (mutually) wanting to have sex.

In the incident, the disagreement turned me off that I did not want to meet up- and conversely, what I said also turned him off.

(We have hooked up before- good sex previously, mutual attraction at that time) But from the disagreement, NO longer wanting to re-connect, and am sure it is mutual.

This is a casual situation- not talking about spouse, etc.

What DID you both say that is so irreparable?? Your penis is too small? Your boobs sag?

Old 10-19-2018, 08:10 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,681,616 times
Yeah, definitely. I remember there was this girl in a philosophy of art class, I thought she was cute, not hot, but she was definitely attractive. Then I found out she was a man-hating feminist who was also uber-liberal, and everything that came out of her mouth was absolutely idiotic in every respect. I lost all interest in her and just seeing her disgusted me because of her viewpoints on, literally, everything.

I've had it with girls I knew better, too, just like getting to know them over text or instant messenger, and realizing I don't really respect this person, and we don't have anything in common, so not really interested in seeing them even if it was just for sex. I wouldn't say it actually makes them any less attractive, objectively, I mean if I found out that Mila Kunis was a KKK member and slaughtered puppies on the weekends, it doesn't change the fact she's a perfect 10, but it would make her a disgusting individual and I certainly would want nothing to do with her whatsoever. But objectively, I'd still be able to recognize she's gorgeous.

So if we're talking about "attraction" as in "desire to do sexual things" then, sure, that could go down based on personality, but if we are talking about "attractiveness" as in "beauty" or "how good looking this person is" then no, it doesn't go down.

Old 10-19-2018, 08:19 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,438,432 times
Quote:

What else could it be? Or do you believe a penis has a mind of it own? LOL

Last edited by hawaiiancoconut; 10-19-2018 at 08:53 AM..

Old 10-19-2018, 08:33 AM

587 posts, read 429,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
What DID you both say that is so irreparable?? Your penis is too small? Your boobs sag?
His wishy-washy passive-aggressive tendencies turned me off

But we did not say anything "hurtful" to each other, just that our personalities didn't click so that will prevent any chance of sex

Old 10-19-2018, 09:24 AM

20,779 posts, read 20,115,463 times
Quote:
His wishy-washy passive-aggressive tendencies turned me off

But we did not say anything "hurtful" to each other, just that our personalities didn't click so that will prevent any chance of sex
Ahh, I get it. I had a FWB once, he was the most good looking guy you can imagine. Until he opened his mouth. I thought I can ignore it and just go there to bone. Didn't work. I lost complete attraction and desire.

Old 10-19-2018, 09:43 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,499,980 times
It really depends on the nature of the disagreement.
Something like ketchup vs mustard really is not going to turn me off from a sexual relationship, but pro life vs pro choice will.

A disagreement on its own won’t make me “hate you” but a reveal of mismatched intention and belief will make me question if I should even be involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships