Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 09:08 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,291 times

Advertisements

Absolutely, yes. Lying is nothing more than changing facts that benefit the person who lied. People cannot make a fully-informed decision without all of the actual, not made-up, facts and information. It's like the liar is taking away your ability to make your own decision about what's best for you. The liar attempts to make that decision for you. Selfish, selfish, selfish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 09:36 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Assuming you're single, would it bother you if a guy lied in his dating profile about his age, even if he is upfront and admits that he lied? Just wondering if this bothers the under 40 crowd....
If I’m interested in him, I’m sure I can get over it.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:42 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
Assuming you're single, would it bother you if a guy lied in his dating profile about his age, even if he is upfront and admits that he lied? Just wondering if this bothers the under 40 crowd....
I think she means women who put their STAT as a certain age, but in the description, you'd see, "I'm really THIS age...I just look young for my age" and then sometimes brag about how they get carded when ordering alcohol.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:59 PM

1,058 posts, read 676,440 times
Quote:
I don't like liars. I would cut it off before it even got started.

Old 10-27-2018, 06:04 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
As a man in your late forties, if you want to have children, you have no choice. I've done it. Its really only worked when I was honest, and because I'm in shape and look younger, I can date 10-15 years younger. BUT getting around a woman's screen is a good reason to lie IMO because she'll never see you if she's specifying such a narrow age range as most do. I'd then come clean at the first meeting assuming I detected interest.

Old 10-27-2018, 08:07 PM

408 posts, read 431,306 times
28-year-old woman here. Yes, this would be a dealbreaker for me. You might look great for your age, but I have my parameters set for a reason. I do not want bring a 45 year old man home to my family and even if I did, the fact that you lied about it would creep me out. Perhaps there are women my age who would date someone in their 40s, but they would not have their age parameters capped at 40.

Old 10-27-2018, 08:28 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
As a man in your late forties, if you want to have children, you have no choice. I've done it. Its really only worked when I was honest, and because I'm in shape and look younger, I can date 10-15 years younger. BUT getting around a woman's screen is a good reason to lie IMO because she'll never see you if she's specifying such a narrow age range as most do. I'd then come clean at the first meeting assuming I detected interest.
So you're doing it to get laid or to get some kids? Both oh so noble. If you think women SHOULD like men 15 years older than them, tell me if you'd even CONSIDER a woman FIVE years older than you? No? You wouldn't like being lied to by a women 5 years older even if she looked 5 years younger than you? Then stop thinking you are entitled to younger women even if you have to lie to get them.

Old 10-27-2018, 08:52 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
So the reason why I asked this question is because I've been getting messages on the dating site from men who are older than me who lie about their age and say they are younger than they really are. And then they immediately say that they are actually older than they are, so I can only assume they just want to get around the woman's parameters and that it would be okay. And I'm just like.. why? No, seriously, WHY??? I am wondering why they think doing this would be okay to women. Where did they get this idea that it's fine? Being over 40, I know good and well that no woman over 40 would be okay with this type of lying, so I'm left thinking, they must have gotten that notion from women under 40. Then I thought back to how I used to think when I was younger and I couldn't quite rule it out as a dealbreaker. But who I am? I'm just one woman and I don't know anything, so I decided to ask the ladies under 40 here.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:39 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
So the reason why I asked this question is because I've been getting messages on the dating site from men who are older than me who lie about their age and say they are younger than they really are. And then they immediately say that they are actually older than they are, so I can only assume they just want to get around the woman's parameters and that it would be okay. And I'm just like.. why? No, seriously, WHY??? I am wondering why they think doing this would be okay to women. Where did they get this idea that it's fine? Being over 40, I know good and well that no woman over 40 would be okay with this type of lying, so I'm left thinking, they must have gotten that notion from women under 40. Then I thought back to how I used to think when I was younger and I couldn't quite rule it out as a dealbreaker. But who I am? I'm just one woman and I don't know anything, so I decided to ask the ladies under 40 here.
Because they think you're tractable and will see them as superior once you realize the age difference - after they have shoved their way through against YOUR choices, by lying - and that you will be glad to be led by them.

Not all older guys, obviously, but the ones who think it is okay for just Daddy, nobody else, to lie. You don't have a say in what you want, they have a say in what you're going to want. Once you find out the truth you'll laugh - oh, the joke's on you, you were WRONG "about older guys," they're actually great, ha ha! - and be so charmed that you'll fall into their arms anyway.

Run.

Last edited by JerZ; 10-27-2018 at 09:47 PM..

Old 10-27-2018, 10:08 PM

408 posts, read 431,306 times
That is so dumb. I get messages from men in their 40s but I've never met someone who lied about their age. That's like a girl using deceiving photos. How would a guy feel about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships